Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Empty
PostSubject: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:14 pm

People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Putshighlighter-e1317479862715

I just got this one it the mail and it's slammin' after the first listen. I can tell this one will be rotating in the ride for weeks. You just can't go wrong with PUTS. The album follows nicely in the footsteps of "Carried Away" and expands their sound a bit more on the production side. But it's still classic Thes One & Double K throwin' their dope rhymes down as usual. Beats are dope. Rhymes are dope. Another fine album in the PUTS hip-hop canon. Easily one of my favorites of 2011 so far.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

I liked the beats but I gotta say these guys are fucking wack as hell on the mic. I'll stick with "Acid Raindrops" and leave the rest.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 11:48 pm

Being I PUTS stan I should have gotten this but I've deviated as far as I can from hip-hop over the past few months. I'll get around to it as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

ctrx wrote:
I liked the beats but I gotta say these guys are fucking wack as hell on the mic. I'll stick with "Acid Raindrops" and leave the rest.

Wack on the mic? Seriously? Thes One and Double K will always be a couple of my favorite rappers. These dudes are tight as fuck on the mic.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 3:13 pm

Alan wrote:
ctrx wrote:

Wack on the mic? Seriously? Thes One and Double K will always be a couple of my favorite rappers. These dudes are tight as fuck on the mic.

Tight as fuck on the mic? Thes One and Double K will always be a couple of "not bad" rappers to me. These dudes are quite alright on the mic.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm

They're totally dope to me. I'm not talking about fast or complicate flows. I like the vibes Thes One and Double K rep. Fun loving. Laid back. They are having fun making these albums. Lyrics and concepts are always dope from these guys....their craft is always top notch.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

Completely agree Alan. +1
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Highlighter is definitely my #1 album of the year. After about 20 listens or so, I give it a solid 4.5 stars. I contemplate giving it more because every track is dope, but some just fall a bit short of classic to me. Either way, it's a record I can't stop spinning. I'd put it at my #2 or #3 favorite PUTS album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)   People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People Under The Stairs - Highlighter (2011)
Page 1 of 1