Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This Is Only News To Powell and KJ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Empty
PostSubject: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

Troll?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

If Drake is real hip-hop then so was Vanilla Ice? Because that's the 90s equivalent. I don't think it's the R&B influence that has people not liking his music, I think it's because he sounds like a whiney bitch.

This article was written by a radio fan... all fine & well, but speak on what you know. Too much speculation on what others are thinking is a fools errand.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

This Is Only News To Powell and KJ 222431 This Is Only News To Powell and KJ 222431 This Is Only News To Powell and KJ 222431 This Is Only News To Powell and KJ 222431 This Is Only News To Powell and KJ 222431
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 4:49 pm

On the real though, I read the article and dude made some valid points. But I am NOT opposed to any hip-hop that isn't from New York, nor am I opposed to all the new jacks in the game today. I just feel that the overall landscape of hip-hop is weaker than it was 10 and even 20+ years ago.

A&R guys piss me off because they won't promote guys like The Roots, but they'll bang shit like Wayne, Drake, and Young Jeezy to death. It's absolutely sickening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 8:05 pm

Awesome points, KJ. And I only use titles like that so people fucking comment. If I posted the title of the article I'd get like 20 views and no responses. Trying to get discussion on the forum, Parker. Also, a wee bit pretentious aren't we?
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

"It’s all “real.” It’s not all “real good,” but not every New York rapper in the 90s was either."

This is the be-all and the end-all of this article as far as I'm concerned.

Whether your hip hop is "real" or not by this guy's definition is irrelevent. If Drake is "real" but he sucks, what worth does he have?

There's a high correlation between what a lot of people label "real" and quality. Drake sucks regardless of whether he's real or not.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

I'm sure I am pretentious, but specifically how do you mean?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 8:51 pm

Shit Hit The Fan This Is Only News To Powell and KJ 820545 Boob!!!
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

Was 90's hip hop real to you because it was what you could relate to personally. I hate to admit to it but I can relate to what drake is saying in lots of his music and he has a similar attitude that I have. So does that make it real. I'm sick about arguing about personal hip hop (music in general) tastes, just enjoy it for what it is. No need to bitch about music you don't like or don't understand.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 10:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is Only News To Powell and KJ   This Is Only News To Powell and KJ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Is Only News To Powell and KJ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Guest's News-
Jump to: