Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NBA Thread

Go down 
+7
Half
D.Powell
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Highsmith
KJ Styles
Shaun
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 5:02 pm

Because we don't have one
Back to top Go down

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 6:55 pm

Fuck this season already. I hate the Heat, but they're looking pretty scary right now.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

Miami vs. Phoenix in the finals. Bet that
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 8:47 pm

Shaun wrote:
Miami vs. Phoenix in the finals. Bet that

I would, if I liked losing money.
Back to top Go down

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 9:01 pm

Phoenix...yeah, sure, pal. Right after the sorry ass Giants win the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 3:30 pm

Phoenix?.....lls
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

A Guest wrote:

lol this quote is pretty funny now...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
A Guest wrote:

Almost as funny as this?

A Guest wrote:
Buffalo at Giants-Bills, again, I can't believe anybody has faith left for the Giants
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Laced With Slang wrote:
A Guest wrote:

Almost as funny as this?

A Guest wrote:
Buffalo at Giants-Bills, again, I can't believe anybody has faith left for the Giants

Laughing My Ass Off

hey lil jeff....you're da man.....keep right on predicting more sports happenings mayne...you're like a lucky leprechaun or something....I can't wait until I do the superbowl thread and see your "prediction" for that one....lol

LET'S GO GIANTS!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeThu 02 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

Hey come on guys this season is interesting enough to have double digit posts in this thread.

Go Pacers

Clippers might lace up the west
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 2:22 am

Question for Knicks fans.

Not talking smack or anything because I'm a Sacramento fan and they suck. I'm real interested in your take on this though. How do you feel seeing the Nuggets not miss a beat without Carmelo and the Knicks still really struggling to do anything.

By the way, the Kentucky fan in me hated to see Josh Harrellson go down with the injury. That guy worked his ass off to get to the League and was actually seeing clock.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 4:15 pm

Holy Krishna I'm not the only Kings fan here. Had no idea you were a fan of them E. I guess fans of the team do exist outside of Sac-Town after all.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 4:54 pm

I'm not a huge Knicks fan, but I'm a fan of D'Antoni, Amare, and a bunch of other NYK'ers. Denver has a dope squad; they're much deeper than NY. Obviously it wasn't expected for them to have a better record at this point, but good for them. The Knicks will have a deeper playoff run, and an overall better season IMO
Back to top Go down

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

You lost FIVE GAMES STRAIGHT Powell, get the fuck over it. If the Giants by some miracle outscore the Pats, then you'll be the team with one of the worst fucking seasons to win a Super Bowl. Congrats. I'd rather my team lose in the first round of the playoffs then be remember for losing to the awful Redskins and then winning the Super Bowl. You're still a 50 year old man who wastes his time on a hip hop forum bragging about his city being the best in the world, and nothing is goin to change that my dude. Keep on bragging about NYC though because apparently it's all you've got.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 6:37 pm

Shaun wrote:
I'm not a huge Knicks fan, but I'm a fan of D'Antoni, Amare, and a bunch of other NYK'ers. Denver has a dope squad; they're much deeper than NY. Obviously it wasn't expected for them to have a better record at this point, but good for them. The Knicks will have a deeper playoff run, and an overall better season IMO

crazy, at this point the knicks may not even make the playoffs. Nuggets will at least get out of the first round
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

The bottom half of the East is awful. The Knicks won't be losing 10 of 12 for the whole season; a bunch of East teams could. Plus, it's still early in the season. With the exception of a couple elite teams, every single team has looked shaky and inconsistent for a portion of the year. I think it's still too early to discount them, especially considering they're only three games out of eighth place, I believe.
Back to top Go down

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 8:48 pm

This is what happens when lockouts fuck up your offseason, ask the NFL. It's how a team that drops 5 straight can make it into the championship in a 16 game season. The NBA is obviously looking much worse, but overall to me this shit is a wash. I will catch a T'Wolves or Thunder game when I can to watch two of the best players in the NBA but other than that I could give a fuck this year until the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 9:11 pm

Shaun wrote:
The bottom half of the East is awful. The Knicks won't be losing 10 of 12 for the whole season; a bunch of East teams could. Plus, it's still early in the season. With the exception of a couple elite teams, every single team has looked shaky and inconsistent for a portion of the year. I think it's still too early to discount them, especially considering they're only three games out of eighth place, I believe.

the bottom half of the east is awful but i dont see the top 5 going anywhere, and the Celtics are playing much better, thats 6, and if the Magic dont trade Dwight he is good enough to keep that team at the pace they are at now, thats 7. The 8th seed is going to be between the Knicks and Bucks and im not so sure the Knicks will prevail, trust me i do like the Knicks and want them to be good because i think its good for the league. And also the thing hurting the Knicks is their early season schedule was one of the easiest parts of their schedule and they fucked that up big, obviously.

In the west, i think these teams get in: clippers, lakers, nuggets, spurs, mavericks, thunder, trailblazers, grizzlies...sucks cuz houston, minnesota, and houston may all finish with better records than the 8th and possibly 7th seeds in the west.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSun 05 Feb 2012, 12:23 am

Interesting take on playoff seedings. The article is old but the principle still stands. The West always seems to several teams who get squeezed out of the 7-8 spot who are clearly better than the bottom seeds in the east.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSun 05 Feb 2012, 12:27 am

Indeed. I remember a few years back when the East had 3 teams in the playoffs with a losing record, and the West had 11 teams at .500 or better. That was some homoness
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 11:44 pm

Jeremy Lin is the motherfuckin truth!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2012, 12:09 am

How much did he end up with? Last I saw he had 34
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2012, 7:14 am

Lin is THE TRUTH...and he dropped 38 baby bubba and got the win against Kobe....he's the NBA's Tim Tebow right now....

when Melo and Stat get back they have to fit into his scheme's not him into theirs....

LET'S GO KNICKS!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2012, 7:21 am

A Guest wrote:
You lost FIVE GAMES STRAIGHT Powell, get the fuck over it. If the Giants by some miracle outscore the Pats, then you'll be the team with one of the worst fucking seasons to win a Super Bowl. Congrats. I'd rather my team lose in the first round of the playoffs then be remember for losing to the awful Redskins and then winning the Super Bowl. You're still a 50 year old man who wastes his time on a hip hop forum bragging about his city being the best in the world, and nothing is goin to change that my dude. Keep on bragging about NYC though because apparently it's all you've got.

wow, I just read this now and I can only have one response.... Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off

He'd rather HIS team lose in the first round of the playoffs then be remember as a SUPERBOWL CHAMPION FOREVER because they lost to the Redskins during the regular season??? Thank God, he remains a Detroit Lions fan.....Slang I honestly feel sorry for both you and your team mayne if this is the type of drivel that you will have rooting along side you....lol....

The FIRST 9-7 team to EVER win a SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP in NFL history......not fuckin' bad at all....I'll take it baby bubba...

LET'S GO GIANTS! Score = 10
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2012, 9:09 am

Shaun wrote:
Because we don't have one

and we still don't. Please rename to The NFL thread... He He
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2012, 2:20 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Lin is THE TRUTH...and he dropped 38 baby bubba and got the win against Kobe....he's the NBA's Tim Tebow right now....

In terms of overcoming adversity I agree with you, but I'd say Lin is more talented as a PG than Tebow is at QB.

I also agree that Melo and Stat must adjust to Lin's game if they want to be a championship caliber team.

People like Jeremy Lin and Victor Cruz are the biggest reason why I love sports so much Big Grin

And REAL TALK on your response to Jeff. I'd rather be the first 9-7 team to win a Super Bowl than have finished a season 0-16 like his Lions did a few years back.

Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2012, 3:02 pm

It really warms my heart to see players like Lin who when given an opportunity to shine take full advantage of it and blow up. You can't help but but be proud of what he is doing even as a neutral. Hope he keeps it up and helps the Knicks turn things around.

Its a shame he didn't work out for the Dubs but they already had their backcourt locked down.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 9:17 am

game winning 3

and the saga continues...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 11:04 am

#17jeremylin is THE TRUTH...

I agree KJ, that in terms of actual talent at their respective position Lin is better than Tim Tebow.....at least this moment he is....

Lin going forward for years to come has a chance to become a major part of The Knicks plans....he might make one of the other BIG 3 which is now the BIG 4 by the way (including Lin) expendable......maybe in the future they could get some other team to over trade with us to get Anthony and give Lin some more playmaking pieces or something who knows man....

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 2:00 pm

Anthony is not going anywhere for a long time.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 8:19 pm

Shaun wrote:
Anthony is not going anywhere for a long time.

No he's not, and I don't want him to. I just hope that he can adjust to Lin's game and be more of a team player than he has been in the past. The pick & roll will be AWESOME with Lin dishing to Melo.

MSG is now known as the Lin-Sane Asylum!! Big Grin
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 3:25 pm

JR Smith to the Knicks!! That move is gonna make us hella dangerous going into the playoffs. We've now got a solid starting 5 and a good bench. The Heat and the Bulls will be the Knicks only competition in the East. We're on the rise and I love it!!! Linsanity is running wild! Score = 10
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 7:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
JR Smith to the Knicks!! That move is gonna make us hella dangerous going into the playoffs. We've now got a solid starting 5 and a good bench. The Heat and the Bulls will be the Knicks only competition in the East. We're on the rise and I love it!!! Linsanity is running wild! Score = 10

Dwight Howard alone makes Orlando a problem for the Knicks...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 9:24 pm

Norfeest wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Dwight Howard alone makes Orlando a problem for the Knicks...

NOT!

Chandler can match up with him well defensively...offensively Howard is the better player but Chandler can defend him.....I think right now the Knicks are better than Orlando...

The Heat are a problem and the Bulls could be an issue (if Rose is healthy) in the East.....
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 10:14 pm

Of course you think the Knicks are better. I would expect nothing less. Realistically speaking though, Chandler has never matched up well with Howard. The last time the Knicks played Orlando, Ryan Anderson dropped 30 on them and y'all took an "L". Dwight only took 6 shots (and he hit half of them). Dwight had 8pts, 10 rebs, 4ast, 3blks & 1stl. Chandler had 4pts, 8rebs & 1 stl...

And this was with the Knicks being at full strength. Lin might make a difference, but something tells me that Amare is gonna need to play some defense (and take more than 7 shots) before we go too crazy here. Again, he got lit up by Ryan freakin' Anderson.

The Knicks are better, yes, but they are far from being able to contend with an elite team. The closest thing to an elite team that they've played during the streak are the Lakers (who aren't elite anymore). New Jersey, Utah, Washington, Minnesota, Toronto and Sacramento are all mediocre or just flat out suck. The Magic are a threat...a very real one at that.

Let's not put the cart in front of the horse...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 11:23 pm

Norfeest wrote:
Of course you think the Knicks are better. I would expect nothing less. Realistically speaking though, Chandler has never matched up well with Howard. The last time the Knicks played Orlando, Ryan Anderson dropped 30 on them and y'all took an "L". Dwight only took 6 shots (and he hit half of them). Dwight had 8pts, 10 rebs, 4ast, 3blks & 1stl. Chandler had 4pts, 8rebs & 1 stl...

And this was with the Knicks being at full strength. Lin might make a difference, but something tells me that Amare is gonna need to play some defense (and take more than 7 shots) before we go too crazy here. Again, he got lit up by Ryan freakin' Anderson.

The Knicks are better, yes, but they are far from being able to contend with an elite team. The closest thing to an elite team that they've played during the streak are the Lakers (who aren't elite anymore). New Jersey, Utah, Washington, Minnesota, Toronto and Sacramento are all mediocre or just flat out suck. The Magic are a threat...a very real one at that.

Let's not put the cart in front of the horse...

and of course YOU (the washington wizards/redskins/capitals/nationals fan) thinks that the Knicks could never be an elite team....shit I'll bet you even thought that Eli wasn't elite either but I guess you might have been WRONG...lol

The Knicks have a long way to go, but they are certainly with Lin now taking the PG position by the hand a contending team out of the east....this is a NO BRAINER.....meaning you have NO BRAIN if you can't see this mayne....lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 10:52 am

I don't care about Eli. Period.

No brainer? They're 8th in the east right now. How many #8 seeds have ever made it to the finals? Once you get the answer to that, you'll have nothing but cold, hard fact to deal with. I understand your optimism and excitement over Lin, but D'Antoni's system is a regular season system. He won't get you a title with it...ask Shaun.

Did you see Lin last night? He looked mighty human out there (9 turnovers). He was making shots at a high rate to make up for it, but the guy is a turnover machine and opposing teams are figuring it out. Get used to that too. The more he plays, the more film he puts out there. The more film he puts out there, the better other teams plan for him. The better other teams plan for him, the better he gets defended (or did you really think he'd average 30 & 10 for the rest of the season? lol). All of that is why your "contenders" lost to the worst team in the West last night. You don't read about elite teams losing to teams like the Hornets. That, my friend, is easier to comprehend than a "no brainer". Hopefully, he doesn't lay another egg against Dallas tomorrow. I hear they're a little better than the Hornets...

The Hornets' only respectable win (they only have 7 wins total) came against Orlando after they (literally) knocked Jameer Nelson out with a concussion. They aslo beat a weak Phoenix team (who beat the Hornets 4 days later), an old Boston team, a mediocre Utah team, a weak Milwaukee team, a tired (3 games in 4 days) Denver team who beat them at the beginning of said 3 games, and your "contending" Knicks team. When Miami, San Antonio, Chicago, or OKC loses to the Hornets, we'll reconvene (that means to "summon again") this "contender" talk. The Hornets play OKC Monday, as a matter of fact, and they've already beaten the Hornets by 10. I'm beginning to think that you don't know what the word "contender" means.

And you never addressed my original point/reply to KJ....the Magic have already beaten the Knicks. How are they not competition for the Knicks?

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 12:40 pm

the Magic are a threat to anyone in the east actually. I dont think they will win the east, but if they are hot from three they can beat anyone, including Miami or Chicago. They are also capable of putting up under 60 points if they aren't hitting shots. I think Orlando could make a move still in a desperate attempt to keep Dwight...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 2:04 pm

It should be noted that Dwight Howard may not even remain in Orlando for the rest of the season. His contract runs out at season's end and the Magic DO NOT want to risk losing him without getting anything in return, so he will likely be traded before the deadline, and that will make them weaker because there really is no equal value for him.

As for last night's game, I believe that's a blip and not a trend. Norf says that elite teams don't lose to lowly teams like the Hornets. Well then explain why Oklahoma City has losses to the Wizards and the Kings, and they ARE an elite team (best record in the West). Bad teams beat good teams in the regular season all the time.

As we ALL KNOW, the regular season really doesn't mean shit. You just have to be good enough in the regular season to make the playoffs. My New York Football Giants proved that this season by winning the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record. I'm not saying the Knicks are gonna win the championship this year, but anything can happen (and has for the last several seasons). I think Lin's game is only going to improve, especially with Melo coming back into the lineup and the addition of JR Smith.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

Ummm Norf go look up the 1999 NBA FINALS and when your done looking SHUT THE FUCK UP.....once and for all....your "impassioned bullshit" is done once and for all dipstick...

and of course you don't care about Eli....your a deadskins fan....hey I don't care about Rex Grossman and Santana Moss either and thank God I don't have too...lmaooooo!

So what Lin didn't have one of his better games last night....Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Magic, Ewing, Wilt, Barkley and a bunch of others have had horrible or not up to par games in their careers what the fuck does pointing that BULLSHIT out have to do with anything???

LET'S GO GIANTS AND LET'S GO KNICKS!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 4:37 pm

Oh and by the way to answer your question about whether the Magic are competition for the Knicks well as proven last night any team is competition for any other NBA team....these are all professionals out there getting paid to play....hopefully your question has been answered to your satisfaction??
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 7:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
It should be noted that Dwight Howard may not even remain in Orlando for the rest of the season. His contract runs out at season's end and the Magic DO NOT want to risk losing him without getting anything in return, so he will likely be traded before the deadline, and that will make them weaker because there really is no equal value for him.

As for last night's game, I believe that's a blip and not a trend. Norf says that elite teams don't lose to lowly teams like the Hornets. Well then explain why Oklahoma City has losses to the Wizards and the Kings, and they ARE an elite team (best record in the West). Bad teams beat good teams in the regular season all the time.

As we ALL KNOW, the regular season really doesn't mean shit. You just have to be good enough in the regular season to make the playoffs. My New York Football Giants proved that this season by winning the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record. I'm not saying the Knicks are gonna win the championship this year, but anything can happen (and has for the last several seasons). I think Lin's game is only going to improve, especially with Melo coming back into the lineup and the addition of JR Smith.

1) This ain't football. We all get it. You and Powell are Giants fans. If San Diego won it all, you two wouldn't be trying to force football into a basketball discussion. 2) Shit like that simply does not happen in the NBA. The lowest seed to win a championship was the 6th seeded Rockets in '95. The last time an 8th seed made it to the finals, in '99, the Spurs owned their opponents (4-1). It wasn't even remotely close to being competitive. Guess who they whipped up on...

As far as Lin improving...there's only one ball on the court at a time. With Stoudemire, Anthony and Smith jacking up shots, you can forget about Lin dropping 25+ every night. and of all those names on the roster, Lin will be the first to defer. Look, I admire what he's done (he's been nice since college and was nice with Golden State) and I'm rooting for him (hell, he's on several of my fantasy teams), but he's still raw. His turnovers are a problem. Him jacking up shots will cease once the Knicks are healthy. The realistic forecast is that the Knicks have improved, but the "contender" stuff is just hype. The trend is NY losing to mediocre squads. The trend is NY looking lost despite spending money on major upgrades. Lin has only started 7 games. If anything is a blip it's Jeremy Lin until proven otherwise and he simply hasn't done that against any good teams. You could say the Lakers, but people run past Derek Fisher all day everyday. Any decent PG is gonna fry them. Let the cat earn his stripes first. Y'all want to make him an all star after playing 8 games. I told y'all the same thing about LeBron years ago when y'all were on his sack and now look. Not only has he won jackshit, but you were forced to see the light after he passed on NY. All I'm saying is let's just see what happens this time...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 7:41 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Ummm Norf go look up the 1999 NBA FINALS and when your done looking SHUT THE FUCK UP.....once and for all....your "impassioned bullshit" is done once and for all dipstick...

and of course you don't care about Eli....your a deadskins fan....hey I don't care about Rex Grossman and Santana Moss either and thank God I don't have too...lmaooooo!

So what Lin didn't have one of his better games last night....Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Magic, Ewing, Wilt, Barkley and a bunch of others have had horrible or not up to par games in their careers what the fuck does pointing that BULLSHIT out have to do with anything???

LET'S GO GIANTS AND LET'S GO KNICKS!

1) I don't have to look it up, I know who got killed in those Finals. Do you? You think the Knicks will be the one team to change the trend? lol...yeah, okay. Like I said...4-1 isn't competitive. They clearly didn't belong there in '99. Keep trying though.

2) You brought up football. Not me.

3) The fact that you even associate Lin with those names after 8 games tells me all I need to know. You don't know much about basketball. Lin didn't win it all as a rookie (Magic). He's not so incredibly unstoppable that the league had to change the rules to contain him and make games fair (Wilt). He won't average damn near 40 (37.1ppg) during his 3rd year nor will he ever lead the league in scoring 10 times (Jordan). He'll never win 6 rings (Kobe & Jordan). He's not even an MVP like Bron, Chuck, or Ewing. Oh...wait...Ewing wasn't even an MVP. lol Lin is a scrawny cat that has only played 8 games this year. You wanna put the cart in front of the horse like I said before. And I pointed out that "bullshit" because, as I pointed out to those that can comprehend what they're reading, dude turns the ball over way too much. Even in the wins he was giving the ball away at a high clip. Unless he shoots lights out, like he had been doing, he's going to have nights like the one against New Orleans more often than not. Once he cuts back on the turnovers, he's got a chance to do some special things. Only an ignorant fanboy would ignore that.

I can't explain it no plainer than that...

P.S. - The Magic are competition. I know you're too proud (or incapable) to say it, but they just are. Wherever Dwight goes, he's going to cause problems for that conference. He's a problem for any team out there except the one he plays for. If he's traded to an Eastern Conference team, then that team immediately becomes a problem for the Knicks and every other team as well. There simply are not as many dominant, back to the basket centers anymore. His defense alone carries the Magic. He will immediately make whatever team he's on a playoff team. How you missed that is beyond me. Wait...I have some idea how you missed it... lol
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 7:50 pm

Norfeest wrote:

1) I don't have to look it up, I know who got killed in those Finals. Do you? You think the Knicks will be the one team to change the trend? lol...yeah, okay. Like I said...4-1 isn't competitive. They clearly didn't belong there in '99. Keep trying though.

They were banged up in that finals. Ewing was injured and didn't play, and Larry Johnson was out after Game 2.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 7:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

They were banged up in that finals. Ewing was injured and didn't play, and Larry Johnson was out after Game 2.

KJ, I hear ya, but when you go to the Naismith hall or go online and look up that series, it's not gonna say"

"Spurs beat Knicks 4-1 to win 1999* NBA championship

*but the Knicks were banged up in that finals. Ewing was injured and didn't play, and Larry Johnson was out after Game 2'."

Not being an ass...I'm just sayin'. There are no excuses after the jump ball.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 8:29 pm

I don't make this shit up..[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Norfeest on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 8:31 pm

I brought up Lin's name with those other guys to say that bad games do happen, thats all....but I think you already understood that....but you was trying to deliver your "impassioned logic" approach again....FAIL!

I believe in my teams 100%.....I believe anything is possible but I can clearly see why you don't have belief in anything....I mean the deadskins/nationals/wizards tell me all I need to know.....those damn teams haven't won anything since Reagan was president or was it the first Bush???

And who is saying that the Knicks will enter these playoffs as an 8th seed?? no one knows what seed they will be yet....so more "impassioned logic" for the professor huh??

As far as my B-Ball knowledge I'm positive you could learn a bunch from me....you finished last in fantasy football and it looks like your heading for a fall once again in fantasy basketball....more studying is required I guess....lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 8:35 pm

lol....fantasy sports are an indication of ones knowledge? Keep the jokes coming, bozo. Hahahahahahahaha...

What is this "impassioned" talk? All you're telling me is that you get my point. Thank you for the acknowledgement...whether you realize it or not.

I love my home teams. I believe in them. Since you're so hung up on fantasy sports (and mine in particular lol), maybe you can wrap your little brain around the name of my team. It'll tell you all you need to know about loving the home team.

Do try to keep up, man. This is getting too easy...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 8:40 pm

Lin is turnover prone right now and he's still has a bright future on a team that includes 'Melo, Stat, and Chandler....

Poor ol' John Wall has got to be wishing he was back in Kentucky....cause the Wizards are deader than the deadskins.....not much positive energy is happening down in Washington D.C. right now in either basketball or football....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

Norfeest wrote:
lol....fantasy sports are an indication of ones knowledge? Keep the jokes coming, bozo. Hahahahahahahaha...

What is this "impassioned" talk? All you're telling me is that you get my point. Thank you for the acknowledgement...whether you realize it or not.

I love my home teams. I believe in them. Since you're so hung up on fantasy sports (and mine in particular lol), maybe you can wrap your little brain around the name of my team. It'll tell you all you need to know about loving the home team.

Do try to keep up, man. This is getting too easy...

Fantasy sports for a veteran like you or me or KJ or Tranny...etc does show some knowledge of a particular sport whether you want to realize it or not.....you're not a damn rookie at fantasy sports, so you should be doing much better than last place finishes this late in playing "veteran"....lol

you suck just like your favorite sports teams.....maybe you should stick to putting all of them on your teams from now on?? ya think?? lmao!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The NBA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA Thread   The NBA Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NBA Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next