Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality Empty
PostSubject: Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality   Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 2:39 pm

When people think of that raw east coast 90's sound they think Illmatic, Da Shinin', Enter Da Stage, Business Never Personal, and Enter Da Wu. Cella Dwellas R-n-R rarely gets mentioned among the greats, granted the album is not a classic but it deserves its place in history. At first glance one may have confused CDs with being a horrorcore group. They do have some horrorcore elements but I like to look at them as on some sorcery type shit. That was their angle. Like Wu with Kung Fu movies, Das Efx with the sewer, Mf Doom with comic books, the Dwellas rapped alot about wizardry,spellbooks, and portals. Its quite evident in their jump off single Land Of The Lost. Songs such as Mystic Freestyle, Realm 3, Land Of the Lost, Cella Dwellas really shine, its their niche that makes them different from the rat pack. But they often have songs that use a more simple style like Wussaplan, Line for Line, and Hold U down, so to have more mass appeal and people could relate to. CDs do seem out of their element and corny when they rhyme about money, criminal capers, and black Benzes such as in songs like Good Dwellas (corny name). Its hard to digest when in one song their rapping about riding a magical unicorn and another their speaking on drugs and money.

The beats are alright, nothing really stood out, I think they did their own beats, but a Preemo or Beatminerz track could have really improved this album. The beats just so stock 94'. One thing is for sure is that UG is an incredible artist. This guy got voice,flow, and crazy wordplay. Theres no wonder why he was on a track with Sean Price and a track on the Snow Goons last album. He's definitely a very underrated MC.

Note: There was a rumor that Cella Dwellas was going to be members of PMD's HIT SQUAD but I guess that relationship fizzled. Man, how great that wouldve been to have heard the CDs in high quality with Solid Scheme behind the boards.

Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality   Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 2:59 pm

Album's a gem. Reviewed it on Amazon way back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality   Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

I never heard this album but I always heard good things about it. I usually stay away from typical abstract back pack rap. But I may have to peep them.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality   Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

UG is in the Creative Juices camp now. He's all over IDE's albums.

And not one mention of "Advance To Boardwalk"? That's their best song, IMO. Not to mention how creative it is.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality   Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

Myestro wrote:
UG is in the Creative Juices camp now. He's all over IDE's albums.

And not one mention of "Advance To Boardwalk"? That's their best song, IMO. Not to mention how creative it is.

Thanx for the info I just found out UG got an album out called Portals, yisir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality   Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cella Dwellas--Realms And Reality
Page 1 of 1