Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aesop Rock: Skelethon

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
Dang! Trotter
Alan
thelundquist
parker lewis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Aesop Rock: Skelethon Empty
PostSubject: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:28 am

Dropping July, 10... tracklist & artwork posted here

http://www.rhymesayers.com/aesoprock
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Looking forward to this one big time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeTue 08 May 2012, 6:28 pm

One thing that disturbs me about the description of the album:

Iconic New York-born, San Francisco-based rapper and producer, Aesop Rock, is joining forces with Rhymesayers to release his sixth studio album, Skelethon, on July 10th 2012. Since the release of None Shall Pass in 2007, we've seen Aesop Rock touring the world, launching online arts outlet, 900bats.com, and collaborating on LPs with Felt, Hail Mary Mallon, the Uncluded and more. Skelethon not only sees the rapper back waxing poetically on his own but also marks his first wholly self-produced effort. While the sounds are familiar, we see Aesop venturing in some exciting new directions with guest appearances from indie rock archetype, Kimya Dawson, as well as Allyson Baker of Dirty Ghosts, Hanni El Khatib, Nicky Fleming-Yaryan, Rob Sonic, DJ Big Wiz and theā€¦

Meh...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeTue 08 May 2012, 7:56 pm

Yes, history shows this sort of collabo to be disastrous. Also, history shows this type of collabo to produce albums like I'll Sleep When You're Dead... gotta keep an open mind on Ace

A couple promo spots:

First single: Zero Dark Thirty
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:08 am

The second single... not sure what i think about this. It sounds like the type of thing that could grow on me, if the album has the right type of flow to hold me through it. We'll see I guess.

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm

Yeah, Im looking foreward to it
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

I thought the first single was really dope. This one is different but still pretty good, im still looking forward to this
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

I can't wait for this shit either. Aes never disappoints. I wish I could get my mainstream friends to give him a chance. Those promos prob won't help, lol. I try to tell them that he would really fit in nicely between Gucci Mane and Two Chainz but they're not buying it...

Anyway, Zero Dark Thirty sounds dope and ZZZ Top is pretty good too. I agree with Parker, it may be one of those tracks that sounds better in the flow of the album but not necessarily a standout itself. That video was pretty cool, tho.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012, 12:12 pm

I'm stepping cautious with this. The first single is on Spotify, but that's it. Just know, I'm waiting on your feedback before I check this or not. Thanks
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

I bet your mainstream friends would dig the beats he did for Felt 3... that shit is so underrated...

There's a few tracks on Labor Days I think everyone likes a little bit.

Daylight
Flashflood
No Regrets
One Brick
Labor
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

From a production perspective, this album is definitely a continuation of Felt 3 and Are You Gonna Eat That. I liked the album quite a bit after one spin, but i really need to spin it some more to give an accurate breakdown. Aes isn't really an artist you can digest after one listen.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

Fuck it. I just ordered it through my local music shop. I should have it Friday, the latest.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

It's Aesop Rock, Parker. It should be an automatic cop like El-P...lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 12:55 am

Naw... Bazooka Tooth was not my cup of tea. These two tracks have me skeptical.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 5:58 pm

I'm a blind buy kind of guy, if my favs artists drops an album, it's a buy no what until they disappoint me and fall of the wagon (I'm looking at u, Bizzy Bone!)

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 4:49 pm

I just got this for $3 off of Amazon Mp3 (after applying $1 of credit I had left). Normally I would cop a CD but an entire album for 3 bucks... I had to do it.

Gonna give it a couple of listens later today.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 3:09 pm

Dare I say his best album?
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 6:33 pm

Stop it man. Labor Days and None Shall Pass are miles ahead of this. I do think its dope, tho. Prob a 4.0 for me.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 8:14 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Stop it man. Labor Days and None Shall Pass are miles ahead of this. I do think its dope, tho. Prob a 4.0 for me.

Miles ahead? Listen again man.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 8:25 pm

I'm with Juan on this one. I'd even take Fast Cars as a better album pound for pound. This is good, but not amazing like LD & NSP.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 8:29 pm

I think this is his most listenable, focused, complete album. The other albums have better standout tracks but I think this is probably his most consistently engaging, although I still need to check out his pre-Float stuff so I can't compare it to his whole discog yet.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeSat 11 Aug 2012, 8:11 am

After a few more listens I'm liking this a lot more. I think the videos actually threw me off a bit, if that makes sense. I can see this giving None Shall Pass a run for its money... but that's still being pretty generous. This is a 4/4.25 out of 5 as of right now.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitimeSat 11 Aug 2012, 12:28 pm

I think lyrically this is his most accessible.

But, anyone who appreciates his delivery isn't going to mind the persistence and layering of his symbolism anyhow.

And he definitely isn't pulling any punches with his sound... I think the production and vocals on None Shall Pass are way more friendly to the uninitiated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aesop Rock: Skelethon   Aesop Rock: Skelethon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aesop Rock: Skelethon
Page 1 of 1