Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Empty
PostSubject: Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake   Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 9:15 am

(Aesop from Living Legends, not Aesop Rock...)

Finally, his 2006 album that has been finished, shelved, then much of it re-recorded, then released in very small quantities, then shelved again, then new material was recorded for....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....the album is finally available for pre-oder for release 9/1.

See message from Access Hip-Hop:

""Living the Dream while Awake" is the very, very long-awaited new album from Aesop of the Living Legends, finally ready for release! The album in its final form has a lot of tracks newly recorded (not on the leaked versions). Features Slug (of Atmosphere), Del The Funky Homosapien (of Hieroglyphics), Eligh & Bicasso (of Living Legends) and General Populous of Hop & Pop (Broken Complex)."

Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake 7404_b

http://www.accesshiphop.com/store/?itemid=7404
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake   Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 12:11 pm

sounds dope alan, can you give me a rec on an aesop album before i try this one out?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake   Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:18 pm

Sinj.of.SA wrote:
sounds dope alan, can you give me a rec on an aesop album before i try this one out?

Have you ever heard him before?

This is his 7th full length album, but I'd say check out it's predecessor "Black Libra" from 2002. I'd give that one 4.5-5 stars personally. Still my favorite.

I like his old stuff a lot too. But he did not get the best production/engineering on some of it. My favorite from that era would be his 1997 album "Tha SupaHuman". Elusive produces that one, and I really dig his minimal soundscapes on that one (and much of his material from that era). Even if the sound isn't as superb...it's definitely good enough for me to give it 4-4.5 stars. I'd still go for "Black Libra" first though.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake   Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 3:14 pm

Dope cover
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake   Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 1:35 am

Shouldve gave us a link. Ya know were too broke to pay for a 10.00 CD
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake   Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 11:41 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Shouldve gave us a link. Ya know were too broke to pay for a 10.00 CD

LOL - it hasn't dropped yet anyway. If you find a leak, it's most likely an unmastered, not-final album. A lot of changes have been made to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake   Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aesop - Living the Dream While Awake
Page 1 of 1