Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate  Empty
PostSubject: Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate    Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate  Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:52 pm

Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate  Frxf610

Well...I can't say that this album is a disappointment completely but I'm a little unhappy with some elements. First off, if you are a seasoned Spitta fan, you have come to love the marriage between his lazy weed flow and the genius of Ski Beatz and Monsta Beatz. This album has a wider array of big name producers (label influence) and while the beats are still pretty dope, I think they lack the cohesiveness that usually exists with his flow. There is also the issue with some suspect feature choices. Wale, who I used to like before he dropped his debut, is just about detestable to me now. He totally bogarts their track together. Marsha Ambrosious is usually a welcome feature to me but it sounds awkward here. Same with Estelle. Pharrell sings one of his worst hooks ever (auto-tuned no less) on his track. Wiz fits, I guess, but he doesnt impress me like he used to alongside Spitta (How Fly). And finally, it pissed me the fuck off that KRIT is named as a feature and only does the hook.

These missteps aside, the album does still ride. I say 3.5 for now.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate    Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate  Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

I just ordered this from amazon today. Itunes also has 3 bonus tracks on their deluxe edition. Smoke DZA's "On The Corner" also only had a K.R.I.T. hook but I still ended up liking the track though. Bun B had a verse on there, but I am sure you already know that....lol
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate    Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

I wanted to give this a chance. I listened to the samples of Amazon, and while the production was fairly decent, this guy's voice is something I can't get past. Am I the only one who feels this way??
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate    Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

I'm with you, Wayne. This whole crew is weakness to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate    Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate
Page 1 of 1