Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol

Go down 
+5
Cold Loungin
Dang! Trotter
Tic706
SteveT
D.Powell
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 5:59 pm

Powell gimme your math man. I'm telling you, audiobooks + me as your manager (you need the white purchase) and we could do big things.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 6:12 pm

SteveT wrote:
Powell gimme your math man. I'm telling you, audiobooks + me as your manager (you need the white purchase) and we could do big things.

(718) I'M-REALLY-A-BLACK-MAN? (I think)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Feb 2013, 11:14 pm

What are you guys arguing? Which generation is responsible for making the music or which generation grew up on it?

Powells made it. Steves grew up on it. Who gets to claim it?? Fight Fight Fight Cheers
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

rez'82 wrote:
What are you guys arguing? Which generation is responsible for making the music or which generation grew up on it?

Powells made it. Steves grew up on it. Who gets to claim it?? Fight Fight Fight Cheers

LOL.....I'm not old enough to have been part of the generation that created hip-hop music man...because Herc, Bam, Flash, Grand Wizard Theodore, Dj Red Alert, Crazy Legs and many of the pioneers contributed different things to this thing we all know and love called hip-hop music and culture are 50 and above...so I grew up on the culture after it expanded to the radio which starts with The Sugarhill Gang-Rapper's Delight and kinda goes from there....but the culture was already thriving pretty well in the local NYC (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan areas) before the masses discovered it via radio and TV and if you were old enough like I wasn't at that time then you were attending those park jams being rocked by the pioneers, I wish I had those memories man...

Steve represents the Lil Wayne/Lil Boosie culture who because of age restrictions didn't start getting introduced to this beautiful culture until it was well underway via...TV, radio, video shows, movies, toys, so yeah he grew up on it but the dream that he is trying to present is that because he was listening to some of that vintage early to mid 90's hip-hop that he is a part of that generation even though quite obviously at that very young age all he was doing was listening to it on the radio or watching those video shows, and maybe his momma bought him a few cd's but he wasn't making any of his own contributions to hip-hop like attending concerts or buying the music on his own...that would be IMPOSSIBLE because he was too young at the time...so I'm trying to explain to the idiot were he stands in relation to his hip-hop "generation", but of course he's not getting the message at all....lol
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 1:50 pm

Powell is the only person on this board who thinks that his generation is every good rapper ever, and every bad rapper is everybody else's.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 3:16 pm

SteveT wrote:
Powell is the only person on this board who thinks that his generation is every good rapper ever, and every bad rapper is everybody else's.

never said that Beavis all I said is that I'm lucky to have been well aquainted with those Golden Era's that's all I'm saying and your mad about that why? no big deal we all know when hip-hop was at it's peak and when it wasn't....
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 4:00 pm

put up a poll (i cant) and see what the people say.

you born in 1970 and me born in 1984, whose generation is the 90s.

pretty simple baby bubba!
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 4:22 pm

Fashion...smh. I hate fashion. I hate that it's talked about, that there are shows based on it, that there are courses and careers based on it. All of it. Shit makes me angry. I especially hate motherfuckers that try to be fashionable by wearing extreme outfits and try to pass it off as being self expressive. You're just looking for attention like a bitch. At the risk of sounding sexist or homophobic (which I do not believe I am either), motherfuckers need to cut out all this pussy ass gay shit. Jamar is right, it's not Hip Hop. I'm not saying (and neither was he) that any of this fashion foolishness is unacceptable in life in general, but it certainly has no place in Hip Hop. The most interesting part to me was when he was talking about how the image of the black man (in the eyes of the majority) is being mutated into this softer, more "acceptable" fag as opposed to the mean or hostile image previously held. I never really thought of it but that may be true. It's unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 4:23 pm

#halfafag <------that part had me crackin up, lol.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 10:39 pm

SteveT wrote:
put up a poll (i cant) and see what the people say.

you born in 1970 and me born in 1984, whose generation is the 90s.

pretty simple baby bubba!

that's '71 Beavis.....and I don't need a poll to see your an idiot...lol, stop being upset that you missed out on a bunch of shit and just be happy with what you caught.....

you were too damn young during those 90's to have any real impact with the music besides momma buying you a few cd's and you sitting at home watching Rap City or 106 And Park....you weren't at any hip-hop concerts at 10 years old unless some of your cousins who were my age bought your little ass along for the ride...lol

going on what you said then Issac Hayes is in my generation...or maybe John Cougar Mellencamp??

Hey Steve if you don't have any point to prove against what Jamar said then you're not saying anything...which is what you do normally anyway....lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 10:41 pm

Wanduras wrote:
#halfafag <------that part had me crackin up, lol.

funny shit Wandy....lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 10:13 am

Wanduras wrote:
Fashion...smh. I hate fashion. I hate that it's talked about, that there are shows based on it, that there are courses and careers based on it. All of it. Shit makes me angry. I especially hate motherfuckers that try to be fashionable by wearing extreme outfits and try to pass it off as being self expressive. You're just looking for attention like a bitch. At the risk of sounding sexist or homophobic (which I do not believe I am either), motherfuckers need to cut out all this pussy ass gay shit. Jamar is right, it's not Hip Hop. I'm not saying (and neither was he) that any of this fashion foolishness is unacceptable in life in general, but it certainly has no place in Hip Hop.

correct
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 10:25 am

I think all this new homo fashion rapper trend is going to have a positive effect eventually though. The same way the jiggy shiny suit era of '97 also birthed an underground indie hip hop movement into the early 2000's with music like Company Flow, Soundbombing, Def Jux and Rawkus Records in response of the way mainstream hip hop was going at the time.

Maby with the hatred of this new faggot style we will get new artists like a 2013 version of Onyx or M.O.P. and hip hop will go more 36 chambers and less Drake
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

rez'82 wrote:
I think all this new homo fashion rapper trend is going to have a positive effect eventually though. The same way the jiggy shiny suit era of '97 also birthed an underground indie hip hop movement into the early 2000's with music like Company Flow, Soundbombing, Def Jux and Rawkus Records in response of the way mainstream hip hop was going at the time.

Maby with the hatred of this new faggot style we will get new artists like a 2013 version of Onyx or M.O.P. and hip hop will go more 36 chambers and less Drake

Thats a good point. Where's DMX when you need him!?!!?

I'm still cautious at limiting what a hip hop artist should drees like. because then you are crossing over to contolling people and making everyone uniform. Thats not hip hop either. Hip Hop has always been about exprssion whether its fashion or showing where you from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 3:10 pm

It's not like i think it should be banned or something. I just don't want it to be embraced.

Rappers are so afraid of being labeled a hater these days. I wish when they didn't like something or thought someone has no talent they were just honest and said they were garbage instead of saying they respect them or whatever.

I heard Bun B say Drake is an amazing rapper. Maby he really does think that but I don't believe he does haha it's good for business though
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:29 pm

Tic706 wrote:
rez'82 wrote:

Thats a good point. Where's DMX when you need him!?!!?

I'm still cautious at limiting what a hip hop artist should drees like. because then you are crossing over to contolling people and making everyone uniform. Thats not hip hop either. Hip Hop has always been about exprssion whether its fashion or showing where you from.

Hip-hop has NEVER EVER been about guys wearing skirts or shopping like bitches....that is NOT hip-hop at all....this music is from the streets and for the streets....others decided they liked it as well but trust me man, suburbia was not the intended audience....soft, feminine, ass dudes was not the intended audience for this artform.....this business was run by alpha males....the toughest of the tough......now with it's over exposure to unintended targets it's being run in 2013 by Frank Ocean, Drake and Kanye....dudes who wouldn't know the street if the street was injected into their bodies...there's a reason why this time period has been one of the weakest ever in hip-hop grand history.....hopefully the alpha males will come back strong and take it back and then we should see the quality of hip-hop as a whole improve......wishful thinking I guess!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

smh Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince disagrees...hip hop is not only from the streets and for the streets
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:36 pm

JulioRoddyMattyTonyG wrote:
smh Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince disagrees...hip hop is not only from the streets and for the streets

I said it expanded beyond the intended audience and that's a major part of the problem

R.I.F.=Reading Is Fundamental
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:40 pm

so did Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince started the problems that are killing hip hop today than????
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:42 pm

fashion has been around in hip hop for a long minute now, mofos are wearing colorful ass shit back than as well
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:45 pm

THIS BULLSHIT IS NOT HIP-HOP MAYNE!

but if it is to you tranny....then keep listening to whatever it is that you like my dude...I'll stick to this:

#I LOVE REAL HIP-HOP!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:47 pm

right...u picked a Frank Ocean song...yeah he represents what hip hop heads in 2013 bump...good job.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

"so did Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince started the problems that are killing hip hop today than????"
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:49 pm

like i said, another old head trying to stay relevant in 2013 by starting useless beef against other acts
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:49 pm

Lord Jamar wants to stay relevant in 2013? Drop dope shit than. smh
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:50 pm

OC gets props from me, dude's been dropping dope shit lately.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

so did Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince started the problems that are killing hip hop today than????

I think the problems began with Run-D.M.C. expanding the culture beyond the intended audience...."Walk This Way" and "Rockbox" is where some of the problems began....although both were brilliant songs and were really made with the intention of trying to compete with the rock artists out at the time and show that hip-hop was more than just a fad, but in the long run it wind up hurting the artform in terms of expansion to those who just shouldn't have fucked with it.....at least Jazzy Jeff kept it hip-hop by being one of the best, ever DJ's/Producers to ever do it....that's the difference in today's artform and yesterday's.....Jazzy Jeff strived to be one of the greatest to ever fuck with it....nowadays it's fuck you, PAY ME!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

like i said, another old head trying to stay relevant in 2013 by starting useless beef against other acts

Hey tranny is that YOU??

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince were about fashion back than as well...u can't deny that shit...trying to diss on other acts because of the way they dress sounds desperate me.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

D.Powell wrote:

I think the problems began with Run-D.M.C. expanding the culture beyond the intended audience...."Walk This Way" and "Rockbox" is where some of the problems began....although both were brilliant songs and were really made with the intention of trying to compete with the rock artists out at the time and show that hip-hop was more than just a fad, but in the long run it wind up hurting the artform in terms of expansion to those who just shouldn't have fucked with it.....at least Jazzy Jeff kept it hip-hop by being one of the best, ever DJ's/Producers to ever do it....that's the difference in today's artform and yesterday's.....Jazzy Jeff strived to be one of the greatest to ever fuck with it....nowadays it's fuck you, PAY ME!

than we should blame Run DMC for killing hip hop than from now on.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:57 pm

fashion has been around in hip hop for a long minute now, mofos are wearing colorful ass shit back than as well

I've seen Cross Colours, Karl Kani, FUBU, Members Only, Sheepskins, Bombers, Cazals, kangols as some of the early flavors but I've NEVER EVER seen the skirts/kilts, make-up, eye liners, taking effect back then.....NEVER!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:59 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Only in terms of EXPANSION but are we really comparing Run-D.M.C. to Frank Ocean, Kanye and Drake? but I can't talk to you about this type of shit because you've never in your so called hip-hop life heard anything from Run-D.M.C. soooooooooooo it's kinda useless discussing shit with you that you have no idea about.....
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:06 pm

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Only in terms of EXPANSION but are we really comparing Run-D.M.C. to Frank Ocean, Kanye and Drake? but I can't talk to you about this type of shit because you've never in your so called hip-hop life heard anything from Run-D.M.C. soooooooooooo it's kinda useless discussing shit with you that you have no idea about.....

it was sarcasm fool....my point is complaining about how mofos are dressing these days and that's why hip hop is dying or whatever is fuckin' stupid and sounds mad desperate for attention. Mofos weren't wearing skirts back than, but they were wearing as much colorful shit as they could back than. Hip hop in fashion has always been big, even back than. MC Hammer would tell u so as well.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:12 pm

Hip hop had MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Kris Kross, Snow, ect getting mad exposure back than as well. All those acts were all about fashion.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:16 pm

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

it was sarcasm fool....my point is complaining about how mofos are dressing these days and that's why hip hop is dying or whatever is fuckin' stupid and sounds mad desperate for attention. Mofos weren't wearing skirts back than, but they were wearing as much colorful shit as they could back than. Hip hop in fashion has always been big, even back than. MC Hammer would tell u so as well.

Ummm tranny NO SKIRTS ALLOWED....if you can show me were that bullshit belongs in hip-hop music and culture then please do....otherwise you just like Steve are not saying anything.....show me where that shit fits.....stop talking about "colorful" shit from back in the days and show me where a male wearing a fuckin skirt/kilt...eye liner or make-up fits into hip-hop culture??
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:19 pm

fashion is not the problem with hip hop these days...it's the record companies/stations catering to what's hot and not giving the others (good hip hop) any spins on the radio. Back than, they were mixing the Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Snow, ect with Nas, Naughty By Nature, Dre, Kid Sensation on the radio stations/mtv/bet
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:20 pm

Hip hop had MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Kris Kross, Snow, ect getting mad exposure back than as well. All those acts were all about fashion.

SHOW ME WHERE A SKIRT FITS INTO HIP-HOP CULTURE? SHOW ME WHERE THAT BELONGS?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:25 pm

fashion is not the problem with hip hop these days...it's the record companies/stations catering to what's hot and not giving the others (good hip hop) any spins on the radio. Back than, they were mixing the Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Snow, ect with Nas, Naughty By Nature, Dre, Kid Sensation on the radio stations/mtv/bet

there just isn't as much GREAT hip-hop nowadays....plenty of good to average....too below average but not GREAT hip-hop albums anymore.....IMO

also today's fashion sense and overall swag is at an all-time LOW IMO...too many nerds in charge renders the product watered down.....this song by Onyx sums up my feelings about 2013 hip-hop mayne:

thanks Onyx!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk2rAWmPhBHbyv2hldHcJl3DNqNBURPCxJeLK7yrOD5qVRJkTGeA

This is pretty close to being a skirt...

but like i said, skirts/colorful shit...whatever it is, fashion has always been there in hip hop. I personal think really bagging pants like what Kris Kross used to wear is just as terrible as Kanye and his skirts.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk2rAWmPhBHbyv2hldHcJl3DNqNBURPCxJeLK7yrOD5qVRJkTGeA

but like i said, skirts/colorful shit...whatever it is, fashion has always been there in hip hop. I personal think really bagging pants like what Kris Kross used to wear is just as terrible as Kanye and his skirts.

ummm NOT! those are some baggy ass pants man....not a damn skirt...lmao...are you serious??
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:32 pm

D.Powell wrote:

there just isn't as much GREAT hip-hop nowadays....plenty of good to average....too below average but not GREAT hip-hop albums anymore.....IMO

also today's fashion sense and overall swag is at an all-time LOW IMO...too many nerds in charge renders the product watered down.....this song by Onyx sums up my feelings about 2013 hip-hop mayne:

thanks Onyx!

this is coming from someone who checks 10 maybe 15 albums a year....yeah i guess that carries a lot of weight.

and the thing is u come in expecting greatness, 10 out of 10 each and every time when u bump a new album...of course u are gonna be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

D.Powell wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

ummm NOT! those are some baggy ass pants man....not a damn skirt...lmao...are you serious??

ok maybe not skirt, but shit might as well be a fuckin' dress
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:35 pm

Shit is not classic or anything, not for the streets or whatever, but to these ears? It's quality hip hop. This is why I love hip hop bro, there's so much dope shit to uncover. New shit, old shit...as long it's quality hip hop to these ears, shit ain't dying for me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:49 pm

I check out way more then 15 to 20 hip-hop albums per year buddy sorry to disappoint you...lol and I'm not hearing that GREATNESS factor like I did before...I do however hear the good to average to below average bug kickin in......that's for sure! IN MY OPINION

and skirts will NEVER have a place in hip-hop buddy.....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:52 pm

with all the dudes doing what they think is hip-hop music...with all of the selection I have to choose from...with all the different areas involved in hip-hop music why are the classic albums a thing of the past for the most part tranny??

I have a much wider selection to choose from and the bullshit factor is outnumbering the GREAT factor by a huge margin...it was better when the selection was more limited man....even a blind man can see that tranny....lol
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:52 pm

nah, u let hype cloud ur judgement. just like how u came to hate gift of gab.

stop comparing new shit to old shit and u might dig the music more. it's better for ur ears.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

Shit is not classic or anything, not for the streets or whatever, but to these ears? It's quality hip hop. This is why I love hip hop bro, there's so much dope shit to uncover. New shit, old shit...as long it's quality hip hop to these ears, shit ain't dying for me.

this is DOPE by the way tranny....real dope!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:54 pm

EXACTLY!! Rap music has always has some suspect dress codes and music in it. But the good outweighed the bad so it was not a focal point.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 6:10 pm

Tic706 wrote:

EXACTLY!! Rap music has always has some suspect dress codes and music in it. But the good outweighed the bad so it was not a focal point.

I have NEVER seen a skirt on a male Kev sorry mayne, no eye liners, no make-ups, no out the closet GAYS....suspect dress codes or not

I guess the bad is truly outweighing the good nowadays huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013, 7:21 am

I feel the whole wearing skirts thing is just something to get more attention. On the same token Outkast had some wild styles as well. I remember seeing Big Boi step on the stage with pink shag carpet shorts on.
Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Big-Boi-Andre-3000-2001-VMAs

Andre 3000 wore a 1950's style kitchen dress at one point as well. (I couldn't find the pic). I didn't see an uproar about that when it happened.

I can see how people could interpret it as pretentious because back when they were just starting out, they would be looked at differently if they dressed like that from the beginning. The whole thing reminds me of that Boondocks episode where Gangstalicious started his new clothing line that consisted of a tank top, purse, wrap around skorts (skirt/short combo) pearl necklaces and sandals.

Attire is a part of the hip hop culture. Always has been and always will be. People will come up with new styles and they will recycle old ones. Hip hop may be going through it's "hair metal" phase. After all, it is a young genre compared to other music genres out there. We'll see what happens. It'll probably die out, and maybe the music from said artists will end up labeled as "butt rap" or something like that among the the kids whose parents once wore skinny jeans or followed the man skirt thing.
The whole thing smells like a marketing tactic to me and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol   Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord Jamar addresses "fashion" for 2013 Hip-Hop...lol
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next