Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?

Go down 
+4
Norfeest
Deanie O'Banion
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
8 posters
AuthorMessage

How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Empty
PostSubject: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:22 pm

Let's see who's honest...I have all except for a few electronic format/burned cd/stolen, etc., but I have purchased 28 of these.

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top100RapAlbums_10.htm
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:33 pm

wait what? so you bought 28, but dled the rest is that what your saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:38 pm

First of all that is a nice list and one of the best I have seen. 2nd I never agreed with Lauryn Hill album really being called hip hop.

I have purchased 57 of them.

Last edited by KRob86 on Wed 29 Jul 2009, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:42 pm

back in the day slang we had a thing called bootlegs, or we would tape shit we heard off the radio, borrow the tape from a friend, play it on one player, then record it on ours, then it moved to borrowing the cd and burning a copy, etc.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:43 pm

i purchased 41 of them and have basically all the rest except 9 or 10 of them on my computer/burned
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:44 pm

Steve wrote:
back in the day slang we had a thing called bootlegs, or we would tape shit we heard off the radio, borrow the tape from a friend, play it on one player, then record it on ours, then it moved to borrowing the cd and burning a copy, etc.

i know what you meant i just didnt understand the wording for a sec...i have tons of burned discs from my friends older brother and one of my old co-workers
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:50 pm

I own physical copies of 83 of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:52 pm

Yeah it is an excellent list overall. I consider the Lauryn Hill album hip hop because she does rap on it even though she sings more, same goes for Wyclef's Carnival.

I own physical copies of 76 of these albums, and have downloaded all but a few of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 9:14 pm

I own 64 physical copies out of that list. I own zero bootlegs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 9:23 pm

Copy/bootleg wise I own 18 of these.

Last edited by KRob86 on Wed 29 Jul 2009, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 10:16 pm

Top 100 #1

Top 100 #2

I'm at 87. I have 8 more on wax (didn't feel like going upstairs) and I think that's 79 in the pics...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 10:21 pm

Damn, Norf took pictures and everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 10:40 pm

Lol...yo I just noticed you have the Step Into The Arena on tape in between all those cd's..lol. I had the tape also. I see We Can't Be Stopped also.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 12:35 am

I have bought 46 of those albums. A few of them I've bought more than once. A couple of the older ones I had on tape, but now just have digital copies. A couple of the older ones I've repurchased on disc.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 2:54 am

I have 54 of those albums...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 12:53 pm

I currently own 30 of those but have at one time owned probably 40. All my Wu standards and Fugees stuff has been dstroyed or stolen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 1:16 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Lol...yo I just noticed you have the Step Into The Arena on tape in between all those cd's..lol. I had the tape also. I see We Can't Be Stopped also.

I also see Unfinished Business and Power too
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 3:30 pm

I OWN physical copies of 91 of these. 37 on cassette and 54 on CD.

The one's I am missing are Dead Prez (sold it), Kanye West's first two, Eminem's first 2 (sold 'em), DMX, Mystic & Juvenile. I wouldn't have owned quite as many had I not been trying to build the biggest and best hip-hop cassette collection ever in the last 5 years or so. lol
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 3:43 pm

I own 30.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 12:00 pm

Steve you wanna call me a liar here, too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 4:26 pm

nero you wanna whine like a lil bitch looking for attention digging up dead topics here, too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 11:53 pm

Nope just saying you're a douche. Douche.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?   How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many of these albums do you own PHYSICAL copies of you PAID MONEY for?
Page 1 of 1