Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dopium--album of the year?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Dopium--album of the year? Empty
PostSubject: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 1:22 am

This is a pretty fresh album. This album should have been named U-God's Redemption. Its the best WU release since GFK's Fish. It has a very junkyard funk type of sound. I also kike the House music remixes at the end of the album. This is album of the year for me and thats saying alot due to Busdriver and Super Chron Flight Bros have dropped superb albums.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 2:35 am

8 Diagrams is better than Dopium, IMO. Slaughterhouse, Eminem, UGK, Jay Dee and a few others put out better albums than this if I thought it out.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 8:15 am

Hmm this has been one of my favorites of the year, but I Don't think its aoty. As for 8 Diagrams being better, I disagree, it wasn't all that good for me. It may not be the #1 candidate but I see this being Top 10 of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 10:09 am

Yeah right....the album started off real good but the 2nd half where he is rapping solo mostly is where it starts getting aiight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

This is a 3.5 star album at best. The production is dope but it's very inconsistent track wise.

Even in the most disappointing year in rap history (thus far anyway) this wouldn't make my Top 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 10:54 am

Shaking My Head @ these east coast cats.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 11:28 am

this album knocks for sure. i give it 4/5, i just wish there were more than 11 tracks.

ill give a quick track by track review

1. Train Trussle - Dusty ass beat with a nice vocal sample. Who the fuck is Scotty Wotty? Doesnt matter but he steals the show, Uey spits flames, and Ghost drops a good verse.
5/5

2. God is Love - Beat is a banger...everyone comes correct here and Cappadonna reminds us "Wu-Tang Music, this is how its supposed to sound!"...and he's right
5/5

3. Stomp Da Roach - Another really dope beat form Teddy Ted and Scotty once again steals the show. The first 3 tracks are my favorite off the album.
5/5

4. Lipton - This song has a very unique beat its a decent track though.
3/5

5. Coke - This song right here is pretty good. Everyone comes correct, Slaine kills this, but the hook could have been better.
4/5

6. Magnum Force - Surprisingly Jim Jones drops heat on this, Sheek comes correct, but Uey kills it. I Like the beat too.
4.5/5

7. Hips - This is one of the weirdest sounding beats ive heard lately. U-God spits about bitches on this one, and the chorus is...interesting...
3/5

8. Wu-Tang - This has the feel of an old wu track with Meth and Uey just spittin. Nothing spectacular, but a banger no doubt.
4/5

9. Dopium - U-God solo track, im definitely feelin this one, but nothing amazing.
3.5/5

10. Rims Pokin Out - Lethafase shows up on this one. One of the more commercial tracks on the album, but its decent for what it is.
3/5

11. New Classic - Large Pro has a hard beat and Uey rips this. I got this song on repeat. My only complaint is that its too short.
4.5/5

Overall 4/5
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 9:38 pm

This album is dope as hell. The song Lipton was probably the best song made all year. Fuck all the haters. And I dont even like using the word Haters.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009, 11:53 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
This album is dope as hell. The song Lipton was probably the best song made all year. Fuck all the haters. And I dont even like using the word Haters.

hmm i just spun the album again twice and i guess Lipton is growing on me. The first few times i spun it i thought he had the verses go a couple bars too long using that flow it got kinda repetiive, i like the 2nd verse better, but its definitely growing on me more
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 8:32 pm

I like this album. Def in the top 15 oda year.

Train Trussle is my fave song. I don't much care for the club style music at the end of the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dopium--album of the year?   Dopium--album of the year? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dopium--album of the year?
Page 1 of 1