Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Chalker and Well World series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Jack Chalker and Well World series Empty
PostSubject: Jack Chalker and Well World series   Jack Chalker and Well World series Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:08 pm

Anyone into science fiction books? Im not really but I stumbled across a Well World book like 5 years ago and hince been reading everything by Jack Chalker. These are no kiddie sci books, Jack deals with topics of race,sex,religion. The Well World series has to be the greastest work of Sci Fi on the market. But I haven't read much sci fi but according to his critic it is.

Theres bout 6 books in the well world series but Jack writes them so they're also greatly understood as stand alone books.
The concept of well world goes like this. Well World is a planetiod divided by hexes like a big bee hive, Each hex has its own life forms and civilizations. There are high tech and low tech hexes. High tech weapons wont work in a low tech hex,this prevents a technologically advanced race from taking over a primitve one. The planet is controlled by a super computer called Obie that orbits the planet.

Some of the life forms that live on the planet are very imaginative. Like the Yaxa,which are purple humanoid butterfly like creatures which are deadly asssassins. And theres a guy named Ortiz whose a walrus type creature, a shady character with alot of pull in Well World.

The story follows Marva Chang a Asian woman as she tries to escape Well World. Her ship crash lands on the planet and all her crew are transformed to different creatures, some creatures and members have even changed sexes. And she in search of a man named Nathan Brazil who claims to be God of the universe but he's also a wanted fugitive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Jack Chalker and Well World series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Chalker and Well World series   Jack Chalker and Well World series Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 11:35 pm

Thanks for this info Trotter, I'm going to check my school's library and see if they have it, sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down

Jack Chalker and Well World series
Page 1 of 1