Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The World Series

Go down 
+6
Myestro
SyRuP Sippa
Blades
D.Powell
Deanie O'Banion
T. Myers
10 posters

World Series Champs?
St Louis Cardinals
The World Series Vote_lcap63%The World Series Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Texas Rangers
The World Series Vote_lcap37%The World Series Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 8:12 am

It's down to the Texas Rangers and St Louis Cardinals. I'm not surprised Texas is here. I am a bit surprised that the Cards are here though. Aside from the Red Sox, there isn't a team i hate more than St Louis. I'm pulling for Texas, and i actually like their chances more this year than i did last. St Louis' pitching isn't as good as San Fran's was last year. I think Texas wins in 6. Who ya got?
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 9:51 am

Ron Ron or LaRussa, who does an A's fan back. Texas takes it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 9:54 am

LOL, i'd think an A's fan would hate La Russa more than Washington.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

Going with my adopted team the St.Louis Cardinals....

Pujols will get his second ring....LaRussa get another one for his collection....

Berkman finally gets one after all those years toiling in Houston....

I like Chris Carpenter as well......I just feel like the Cards are the stronger team...and I knew that if the Yanks weren't going to be here then this is the team that I was going to go with.....

Cards in either 6 or 7.....
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:34 am

Boston fan here, talking about baseball makes me nauseous... but I like the Cards in 7 with their pitching staff quieting down Texas bats just enough. Nelson Cruz can't keep doing what he's been, unless he's really hitting the juice.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

You know I got Texas. The cards did worry me more than the brewers, but outside of Pujols, I'm not too worried about their hitters. Berkman is a threat and Freese is hot, but I think we can deal with them.

Pitching wise, they have had better games from their starters, but I think our bullpen is a bit stronger, not much, but still.

And if Cruz is on the juice, then Freese is on the juice x 1000...lol....I think Cruz can keep it up for another series, but Napoli, Beltre, and Hamilton are all due to breakout so even if Cruz cools down, we still have bats.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

Since the Giants made em look silly last year, I'll back the Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

I don't care who wins as long as it happens in 4 games
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 8:11 am

So far we've had two great games. Texas needed a split badly, and they came through in the ninth with a little help from Pujols. Andrus' defense and base running were huge last night.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

Yeah, they've been close. Very good games both of them. Great baseball actually. Wish we would have pulled off the first game two, but getting the split was very necessary. If our bats come alive (mainly beltre since hamilton is so hurt) I think we can take at least 2 of 3 at home.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 6:14 pm

Cruz's failure to catch that fly ball near the wall probably cost the Rangers Game 1.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 8:06 am

Yee!!!

One win away now. Last night was huge for Texas. While some of you were watching 2 Broke Girls, Monday Night Raw, and MNF, Texas and St. Louis gave us another really good game. Aside from game 3(which was blown open by a horrible call at 1st base), this has been a great series. I hope Texas can wrap it up in Game 6 because i really don't want to see a Game 7 in St Louis.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 12:45 pm

Yeah man, this has been the best series in years, I'm not just saying it as a rangers fan either. That horrible game three call was very frustrating, and I do think it would have been a different game had they gotten the call right. Harrison got screwed that start. Im just glad we recovered and holland pitched one of,the best games ive ever wstched in a series.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

I was really pulling for Holland to get the CG, but Wash made the right move by going to Feliz. I'm going to be pissed if tonight's game gets rained out because that means Carpenter could potentially start Game 7 on 3 days rest. That would be a huge advantage for the Cards
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:35 pm

GO RANGERS!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

SMH at Biscuit Juice taking a shot at me, it's whatever though.

For what it's worth, I did watch the first 3 games of this series and I agree that it has been good. I skipped Game 4 in favor of the Vengance PPV and Game 5 in favor of How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, and Monday Night RAW. If the Yanks were involved, it would have been a different story. I'll more than likely watch Game 6 tommorrow night (although I'll probably turn to Person Of Interest at 9) and Game 7 if they play it on Friday night as opposed to Saturday if there is one.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 9:44 pm

DVR those shows.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 12:59 am

Ridiculous game and now the Cardinals win in 7. Texas pulled a Romo......
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:09 am

One of the most exciting games i have ever seen. I'd like to say it was one of the best games, but there were too many crucial errors on both sides. Either manager would have been lucky to get the win because they both made some horrible decisions IMO. Last night's game just makes me hate them even more. The Cards will more than likely win tonight with Carpenter on the mound. Damn, damn, damn Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

T. Myers wrote:
One of the most exciting games i have ever seen. I'd like to say it was one of the best games, but there were too many crucial errors on both sides. Either manager would have been lucky to get the win because they both made some horrible decisions IMO. Last night's game just makes me hate them even more. The Cards will more than likely win tonight with Carpenter on the mound. Damn, damn, damn Shaking My Head

Hey now... we won with Carpenter pitching Game 5 and he sucked last time he was on 3 days rest... so I'm not prepared to give up yet or call last night the most heartbreaking game I've seen. I hope our guys don't have too much of hangover today, but yesterday was a tough loss. Cruz should have caught that ball, he had the time, he just played it badly, but Feliz shouldn't have done what he did. His saves have been train wrecks waiting to happen and it caught up on us. I just hope they see the perspective. It was a shitty game on both sides and the other team came out on top, but I have faith in Harrison and in the Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

Case Keenum throwing 9 TDs was much more exciting than watching a bunch of miscommunications and dropped balls
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 10:46 am

I'ma be listening to 808s and Heartbreak in a dark room for a long long time... fuck this shit...lol
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
Case Keenum throwing 9 TDs was much more exciting than watching a bunch of miscommunications and dropped balls

STFU, that was a GREAT World Series. Nobody will care about Case Keenum after this week but people will be talking about this WS for years to come.

Sorry about your boys, Pedro. But Cruz ultimately cost you the series. He catches that ball and you guys win in Game 6.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 11:53 pm

I didn't say anything about the series in that post, did I?
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

Cards in 7- Called it!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

Me too Blades...I actually said in either 6 or 7, but anyway congrats to Pujols on getting his second ring...now he needs to come to NYC and sign with the Mets, so then we will have most of the bigtimers in NYC-the GOAT city (Ortiz is probably on his way as well..lol)....let's go Yankees (first) and then let's go Mets (second)

once again congratulations to the World Champion St.Louis Cardinals!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Me too Blades...I actually said in either 6 or 7, but anyway congrats to Pujols on getting his second ring...now he needs to come to NYC and sign with the Mets, so then we will have most of the bigtimers in NYC-the GOAT city (Ortiz is probably on his way as well..lol)....let's go Yankees (first) and then let's go Mets (second)

once again congratulations to the World Champion St.Louis Cardinals!

I HATE the Mets just as I hate the Jets so I don't want him going there. Besides, I don't see him leaving St Louis for that mess of a team with piss poor management. I think he stays with the Cards as they'd offer him the most money and have a legit shot at repeating even without LaRussa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The World Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Series   The World Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Series
Page 1 of 1