Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Empty
PostSubject: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 5:41 pm

Just an FYI...due to heavy bootlegging. I have not heard it yet just like Rae so I can't wait till Tues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 5:47 pm

yeah i saw that smart move on his part, i wonder how much it will help or hurt rae
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 5:57 pm

I think Jay may took more damage then he thinks sells wise and Rae will still sell well I hope. But I checked Best Buy.com and it said store pick up coming soon so that may hurt Rae.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 7:03 pm

Rae wasn't going to sell shit either way, Jay doesn't really affect that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 8:38 pm

Jason wrote:
Rae wasn't going to sell shit either way, Jay doesn't really affect that.

I disagree entirely. While Rae wouldn't have had mindblowing sales, I think Jay putting his album out on the same day is gonna hurt him tremendously.

That said, OB4CL2 is the better album and I'll buy it. I'll pass on BP3 unless it's got some cool bonus features.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 9:48 pm

Copping both on Tuesday...BP3 is the one I'm most excited about though, I actually really dig the new single with Rihanna. Kanye kinda ruin the song though with his wack ass rhymes.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 11:18 am

wrote:
Copping both on Tuesday...BP3 is the one I'm most excited about though, I actually really dig the new single with Rihanna. Kanye kinda ruin the song though with his wack ass rhymes.

ive said it before ill say it again Rihanna is the best part about that song lol, Kanye and Jay dont do anything for me on that

and i dont know if anyone else listens to Satellite Radio but Rae is getting tons of promotion on it, they've played his shit more on Hip Hop Nation, Shade 45, and Backspin than they have Jay's, and he's had a bunch of interviews and appearances on at least 2 of those stations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 11:25 am

Because you're LISTENING for it and you notice it. You probably tune out Jay's concert on Fuse, his special on MTV blah blah blah. Jay will kill Rae, don't set yourself up for disappointment Slangy.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 12:23 pm

N3R0 of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Because you're LISTENING for it and you notice it. You probably tune out Jay's concert on Fuse, his special on MTV blah blah blah. Jay will kill Rae, don't set yourself up for disappointment Slangy.

i didnt say he wasnt going to, i was just acknowledging that Rae has been getting a lot of promotion on satellite radio which should help him sell more than a lot of people think, Jay will obviously kill him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 1:16 pm

I'm shocked that so many people on here prefer Jay's album to Rae's when 90% of this forum was like "Jay's sold out, he's gone pop" etc and everyone was biggin up Rae, and now it's the other way around.

I feel that Rae's album is DOPE AS FUCK and I can't see why any Wu-fan wouldn't like it. Jay's album sounds really pop to me. Steve was saying "listen to the lyrics" but I listen to the lyrics in EVERY song and there's at least 6 Jay-Z albums that are better IMO, possibly 7. I've spun Jay's album 3 times and it sits at 3.5 stars for me, and I've spun Rae's about 5 times and it's in the 4.25-4.5 range. Ghostface and Inspectah Deck REALLY RIPPED IT on this album.

Sorry if I'm spoiling things for those that haven't heard the leaks, but I ALWAYS listen to leaks because I want to know what to invest my money in before I buy. I know Rae isn't gonna outsell Jay, but I'm copping Rae's album whereas this will be the first Jay Z album that I don't plan to buy unless it's got bonus tracks or a DVD attached to it or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 3:52 pm

Rae is just an average underground album from all I've heard... where's the Ice Cream?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!   Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blueprint 3 Moved Up To The 8th!
Page 1 of 1