Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers

Go down 
+2
Laced With Slang
J. Harris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Empty
PostSubject: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 11:35 am

Rae - 70k
Jay - 476K

As you can see, Jay sold slightly under gold, but Rae hit about 70k. Rae should have sold more but undershipped probably due to testing the waters with consumers. If he would have shipped more, then I definitely think that he would have sold over 150k. Hopefully, next week his album will ride close to first weeks number tally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 12:48 pm

Rae sold 65,132 - HHDX reported 68k and that is inaccurate, and your 70K is DEFINITELY inaccurate.

Plus, I already made this topic dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 12:52 pm

no way Rae would have gone much closer to 100K let alone 150K... best buy did have distribution problems...but people who were gonna buy bought it...
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 12:58 pm

"no way Rae would have gone much closer to 100K let alone 150K... best buy did have distribution problems...but people who were gonna buy bought it..."

The store I went to had 7 copies, and they weren't even put on the shelves. I had to make his ass go in the back and grab me a copy. Do you think if Rae had the same amount of copies on shelf as Jay, would he have done upwards of 150k?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 1:01 pm

You really think that casual buyers would account for more than doubling his sales? LMAO...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 2:38 pm

lets not forget that a lot of people ordered the UK version from Amazon since it had the two bonus tracks and those wouldnt be included. Also, i still know a lot of people who havent bought yet because they didnt have it in the store
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 2:48 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Also, i still know a lot of people who havent bought yet because they didnt have it in the store

I had to go to FYE because the 3 Best Buys I checked -- Pentagon City VA, Tenleytown DC, & Waldorf MD...that's 2 states and one district --didn't have it. And half them lazy fucks won't even go in the back if you ask...they hit you with some "what we have is already on the shelves" bullshit.

Who would be responsible for undershipping and things of that nature anyway and why would they do it if the idea is to sell albums?

P.S. -- Jay was all up on the shelves...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 2:56 pm

It was EMI who for whatever reason did not ship copies or enough copies to a lot of Bestbuys... I think plenty of people here said they did not find it.

I found Rae at best buy - none at Target... I think EMI simply underestimated the demand so had to play catch up.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 2:57 pm

Rae was in every store i went to, and i had no problem finding mine at Target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 3:06 pm

Rae was in my Best Buy and it had two small racks just for it. Best Buy probably did not order that many doubting it would sell well. They have to control inventory that's not moving.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 3:33 pm

My FYE had about 10 Rae copies, and 15 Jay copies.

Oh, Norf, FYI, at my DSW, there really is nothing in the back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 3:40 pm

LMAO ^^^^^ wu fanboys complaining about sales are hilarious, I wonder excuse you'll come up with next, "yo rae woulda gona plat but someone forgot their deoderant after the shower so they couldnt go to the store cuz they smelled so they were scared to go"
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 8:49 pm

I'm still getting it. It didn't do 100,000 but that's still pretty good for the first week. That's more than some artists sell in a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers   Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rae's and Jay-Z's Numbers
Page 1 of 1