Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
Jason
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 9:27 am

Since Kev has stopped posting polls, I figure we're done (and it does seem we're dry on names).

East:
1. Wu-Tang Clan
2. Public Enemy
3. A Tribe Called Qeust
4. The Roots
5. Gang Starr
6. EPMD
7. Run-DMC
8. Mobb Deep
9. Boogie Down Productions
10. Brand Nubian

Nominated:
Pete Rock & CL Smooth
De La Soul
Beastie Boys
Naughty By Nature
Onyx
Grandmaster Flash & the Furious 5
M.O.P.
Jedi Mind Tricks
DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
Das EFX
X-Clan
Whodini

South:
1. Goodie Mob
2. Outkast
3. UGK
4. Geto Boys
5. 8Ball & MJG
6. Cunninlynguists
7. Three 6 Madia
8. Little Brother
9. Hot Boys
10. Nappy Roots

Nominated:
Field Mob
5th Ward Boyz
The Terrorists
TRU
Strange Fruit Project
Ghetto Mafia
2 Live Crew
Arrested Development
Poison Clan
The Odd Squad
ABN
Dirty

Midwest:
1. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
2. Crucial Conflict
3. Dayton Family
4. Atmosphere
5. Slum Village
6. D12
7. Do or Die
8. Binary Star
9. Natas
10. Heiruspecs

Nominated:
Psychodrama
Twista & Speedknot Mobstas
Unknown Prophets
Top Authority
Skatterman & Snug Brim
Kanser
Halfbreed
Insane Clown Posse
St. Lunatics
Twiztid
Triple Darkness

West:
1. NWA
2. Cypress Hill
3. Tha Alkaholiks
4. Tha Dogg Pound
5. Digital Underground
6. Above the Law
7. The Coup
8. Comptons Most Wanted
9. Blackalicious
10. Freestyle Fellowship

Nominated:
Westside Connection
South Central Cartel
Jurassic 5
Mob Figaz
Souls of Mischief
2nd II None
Luniz
Blue Scholars
Common Market
The Click
Living Legends
Cali Agents
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 11:08 am

Those lists are pretty good overall
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 11:10 am

how did goodie mob get so high?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 11:16 am

Goodie Mob over Outkast, Geto Boys and UGK is a tragedy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 11:53 am

2Pac's Ghost wrote:

I like Goodie Mob slightly better than UGK, but not better than Outkast or Geto Boys.

J5 should have made the West Coast list, De La should have made the East list, and Run-DMC should have been ranked higher, but otherwise the lists are dope.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 3:40 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 5:28 pm

yea how the hell did Goodie Mob get #1 over some of the other groups
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 5:39 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
yea how the hell did Goodie Mob get #1 over some of the other groups

Outkast is easily better, but I could see Goodie Mob as 2nd objectively.

Run-DMC should be MUCH HIGHER than 7th in the East.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 6:48 pm

There's no way Run DMC goes over Wu-Tang, Public Enemy, or The Roots - so you are looking at #4 the highest they could be - so a #7 is where they belong.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 10:47 pm

SMH @ Cunninglynguists & Little Brother being in the top 10 over 2 Live Crew, Field Mob, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 9:26 am

LOL Skinny, Field Mob has 3 albums, 2 of which are trash.

2 Live Crew hasn't released in 11 years, and their talent is debatable.

CL has 5 albums/2 mixtapes or 4 albums/ 3 retail mixtapes (depends on how you look at) none rated lower than 4 stars by anyone. You do the math.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 12:54 pm

Field mob is better than CL IMO - and none of their albums are trash - hater.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 1:52 pm

The lists look pretty good. Props to Kev and Jason for their work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 4:31 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
There's no way Run DMC goes over Wu-Tang, Public Enemy, or The Roots - so you are looking at #4 the highest they could be - so a #7 is where they belong.

Why?? They have 3 classic albums easily (some would argue 4) which is as many as those other groups have. Not to mention being the most influential rap act of all time.

I'm not saying they should have been number 1 (although I wouldn't argue if they were) but they definitely should have been better than 7th. I like GangStarr and EPMD, but Run-DMC trumps them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 4:33 pm

they aren't the most influential rap act of all time, stop that.

not even CLOSE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 4:39 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
they aren't the most influential rap act of all time, stop that.

not even CLOSE.

Once again, you and your running buddy put your feet in your mouths!!!

Run-DMC is responsible for hip-hop becoming mainstream!!!

If it weren't for them, it would have been a passing fad in the 80's which means there would be no Wu-Tang, no NWA, no 2Pac, no Biggie, no Nas, no Jay-Z, NOTHING!!!! They opened the doors for EVERYBODY!

You can ask ANYBODY that has EVER been in the industry and they'll tell you the same thing. Your boy Pac would say the same as well if he were alive today.

I could go on and on about this, but I'm watching football with some chicken & beer so I'll holla later.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 5:07 pm

I would argue that Run DMC is the most important group of all time, but i'm not sure they were the most influential group of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 5:13 pm

KJ is just full of shit.

Who gives a fuck if they were the first... fuck that - that hardly makes them the best - like KJ's idiot ass failed to mention how he thinks Run DMC deserve to be ranked over PE, WU, and The Roots.

They are nowhere near as talented or innovative as any of those groups - yet because they were the first they trump them?

Bullshit.

Like I said - at highest Run DMC would hit 4, so 7 is not a big travesty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 5:13 pm

KJ is just full of shit.

Who gives a fuck if they were the first... fuck that - that hardly makes them the best - like KJ's idiot ass failed to mention how he thinks Run DMC deserve to be ranked over PE, WU, and The Roots.

They are nowhere near as talented or innovative as any of those groups - yet because they were the first they trump them?

Bullshit.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 5:45 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
KJ is just full of shit.

Bullshit.

You're a stupid fuck Clancey, shut the fuck up!!!

Number one, I never said they were the best ALTHOUGH a strong case can be made for them.

Run-DMC has 3 classic albums, which is the same amount as PE and The Roots, and MORE than Wu-Tang.

Secondly, Jam Master Jay is recognized as the GREATEST DJ of all time by many, and I stand by my statement that they're the most influential because they're the reason that hip-hop became mainstream.

If it weren't for them, there would be no PE, Wu-Tang, or Roots. Even those groups will tell you that. Everybody that grew up in the 80's listened to them, and made many want to become rappers in the first place.

Just because your bum ass doesn't spin their records, doesn't mean they aren't dope. They were also inducted into the Rock and Roll HOF, only the 2nd rap act to recieve that honor.

They may not be the most lyrical group of all time, but they are EASILY one of the dopest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm

we are talking influential jack ass and they aren't even fucking CLOSE to being the most influential.

they weren't the first either so stop that man you sound stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:11 pm

Kool John you need to just shut the fuck up with your talking out your ass.

You always do the SAME FUCKING THING

Someone disagrees with you so you make up all this shit you know NOTHING about and refuse to address the discussion. I own all of Run DMC's albums you fuckhead, even the shitty new ones, and I bump and respect them as pioneers. But that's all they fucking are - pioneers - yes their little dr. suess rhymes were influential and classic - but they are far from the most skilled, influential, etc.

You are clearly giving them like 1000X points for lucking the fuck out, selling out, and doing some rock songs - I refuse to do that. Let's go find the first fucking rapper and make him top 10 EVER because without them NOONE WOULD EXIST - you see how stupid that sounds? probably not - but by your fuckhead logic KURTIS BLOW NEEDS TO BE TOP 5 EVER!!!! YEEEEEEE!!!!!

RUN OR DMC CAN NOT FUCKING TOUCH CHUCK D, ANYBODY IN THE WU, BLACK THOUGHT, OR ANYBODY ELSE IN THE TOP 10 GROUPS!!!

You can't argue that. We're talking quality here fool, not what song you jacked off to first.

AND JMJ MAY HE REST IN PEACE COULDN"T FUCK WITH THE LIKES OF A ROC RAIDA - Q-BERT - CASH MONEY - OR ANY OF THE REAL FUCKING DJS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:19 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
we are talking influential jack ass and they aren't even fucking CLOSE to being the most influential.

they weren't the first either so stop that man you sound stupid.

It's always you and Clancey that dispute me, because you two are ignorant as all hell.

I didn't say they were the first group ever, I said that they were the group RESPONSIBLE for hip-hop becoming mainstream. If not for them, we may have never seen rappers go platinum. Hip-Hop may very well have become a passing fad if it weren't for him.

As far as influence goes, thousands of MC's wanted to become rappers when they heard Rock Box, Sucka MC's King Of Rock, Peter Piper, Walk This Way, It's Tricky, etc. Not to mention how many DJ's and producers were influenced by Jam Master Jay. I've heard many of them say that they would have never been in the business if it wasn't for them. Jay is STILL recognized by MANY as the dopest DJ of all time. Oh, and like I mentioned before it went in one ear and out the other. THEY HAVE THREE CLASSIC ALBUMS!!!!

They did for hip-hop what Jackie Robinson did for baseball, Michael Jackson did for the entertainment business, and what MLK did for civil rights. That speaks VOLUMES, and if you and Clancey can't see that, then quite frankly, y'all are stupid.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Sun 20 Sep 2009, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:22 pm

I swear to God Clancey, you're so fuckin STUPID it's hilarious!!!!

Roc Raida better than Jam Master Jay??? Run DMC not a Top 10 group of all time??? You're a fuckin RETARD, I swear to God.

You and Steve are the Beavis and Butthead of this forum. I'll let Powell ride on your stupid asses!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:37 pm

KJ you fucking idiot - you do not read half the shit I post - fuck off slow man if you can't comprehend words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:38 pm

lol, powell thinks you're a clown just like everyone else does dude. and who cares if they were the 1st to go gold, they aren't the jackie robinson of baseball, and im pretty sure nobody listened to run dmc and was like "oh man i gotta start rhyming TODAY because of these guys!" except for maybe the beastie boys.

now if you tried to use ll cool j in that type of argument i could see it, since ll cool j is top ten, another thing your dumb ass doesnt recognize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:42 pm

not to mention, i never said they weren't legends, or top ten on the east (which i have said in the past), but youre too much of a cracka to realize that. they just arent the most influential, not even close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:43 pm

I too have not said they were not top 10 in this thread - and Roc Raida RIP was million times a better DJ than JMJ RIP - only a blind fan boy bitch would fail to see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 6:45 pm

Strictly talking DJ skills, Roc Raida was light years ahead of JMJ. Moron. You obviously no nothing of the man's work.

JMJ never won a DMC World DJ championship and to my knowledge never spun more than two tables at once let alone four let alone without trainwrecking.

And the Beastie Boys suck.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 8:32 pm

Jam Master Jay is nowhere near the greatest DJ of all time. He was dope but I think he gets overrated because of his death, like Biggie, J Dilla, etc. Roc Raida was a much more skilled DJ.

And regarding Run DMC, I think number 7 is the perfect spot. No way are they better than Gang Starr.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 7:02 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I would argue that Run DMC is the most important group of all time, but i'm not sure they were the most influential group of all time.

I do think Run-DMC is the most influential hip-hop group of all time. But their discog doesn't get the most spins from me east-coast wise. Therefore, they make about #5 for me.

Who the hell is more influential than Run-DMC?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 7:15 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I do think Run-DMC is the most influential hip-hop group of all time. But their discog doesn't get the most spins from me east-coast wise. Therefore, they make about #5 for me.

Who the hell is more influential than Run-DMC?

Nobody!!! Me, you, and Powell seem to be the only guys that get it.

They're in my Top 5 as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)   Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Groups By Region (Final?)
Page 1 of 1