Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album: Inspectah Deck

Go down 
4 posters

Best Deck Album
Uncontrollable Substance
Best Album: Inspectah Deck Vote_lcap90%Best Album: Inspectah Deck Vote_rcap
 90% [ 9 ]
The Movement
Best Album: Inspectah Deck Vote_lcap0%Best Album: Inspectah Deck Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Resident Patient
Best Album: Inspectah Deck Vote_lcap10%Best Album: Inspectah Deck Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

Best Album: Inspectah Deck Empty
PostSubject: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 11:18 pm

And why of course.

I think you'd be hard pressed to beat Uncontrollable Substance IMO - 4.5 stars and one of the best Wu solos that gets heavily slept on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 10:09 am

His 1st one gets my vote by default. How does the other two compare?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 11:01 am

Uncontrollable Substance. Great album. I've heard Resident Patient, but only a couple times. But it was definitely solid. Have not heard The Movement.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 12:49 pm

Uncontrollable Substance easily imo, thats 4.5 stars objectively, and i would consider that a slept-on Wu classic. Movas & Shakers, 9th Chamber, REC Room, tons of classic bangers on there.

i still wish that flood didn't destroy Rza's basement back in the 90's. Deck would've released a Rza-produced solo between 93-97 if that didnt happen it wouldve been legendary.

hopefully he brings heat with Wu-Element beats on his final album "The Rebbellion"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 1:00 pm

I never heard of this lost record thing.

I have all three and it has been a steady decline in each. The Resident Patient was OK IMO but I heard somewhere it was more of a mixtape than an album?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 1:08 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
I never heard of this lost record thing.

I have all three and it has been a steady decline in each. The Resident Patient was OK IMO but I heard somewhere it was more of a mixtape than an album?

there was a flood that destroyed a tn of recordings and beats in Rza's basement somewhere around the time before Tical came out. They actually had to re-record and remake most of Tical since a lot of it was lost. Rumor has it there were tons of beats and songs lost, thats why some early Wu solos have never been remastered, because the master copies were destroyed, like OBFCL, etc. Even when they play songs live from it you can tell the instrumentals played are remade if you listen close enough since no one has the original instrumentals. Deck probably had a ton of songs in the vein of "Let me at Them" that were lost.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 1:42 pm

Uncontrollable Substance wins, although I don't think it's a classic or even a great album...it's a decent effort and I have it at 3.75 stars...you should have it to complete your Wu-Tang collection and certainly it's the best effort from Deck as a solo artist...but Deck reminds me of Meth in that neither one of them shines all that well on their own projects as much as they do on collabo efforts...Deck's verses from Above The Clouds as an example or his verse on Triumph are some of his best verses he's ever written IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 4:42 pm

Uncontrolled Substance wins, and I feel it's an underrated album. I have it at 4.25 stars.
Back to top Go down
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
steez

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 12:04 am

Slang Editorial wrote:

i still wish that flood didn't destroy Rza's basement back in the 90's. Deck would've released a Rza-produced solo between 93-97 if that didnt happen it wouldve been legendary.

co-sign. i honestly cant get into any of decks albums even if he does kill it lyrically. its just that most of the beats are boring imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album: Inspectah Deck   Best Album: Inspectah Deck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album: Inspectah Deck
Page 1 of 1