Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M.O.P. - The Foundation

Go down 
5 posters

Whats your rating?
M.O.P. - The Foundation Vote_lcap0%M.O.P. - The Foundation Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
M.O.P. - The Foundation Vote_lcap22%M.O.P. - The Foundation Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
 22% [ 2 ]
M.O.P. - The Foundation Vote_lcap33%M.O.P. - The Foundation Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
3 - 3.25
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
2 or lower
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

M.O.P. - The Foundation Empty
PostSubject: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 9:54 pm

why are people sleeping on this. This album only sold 2100 which is a damn shame, i wouldnt be surprised f they didnt make another album cuz the low sales on this and when MOP hangs it up it will be a sad day for all of hip hop. Get out there and buy this any way you can online, in a store, whatever, this is worth it.

Now, about the album itself, this has a ton of replay value to me. Redman and Styles P make memorable appearances as does Termanology, and the album has a lot of diverse songs that all fit together very well within the album. Lil Fame handles most of the production and is definitely on point, Statik Selektah has 2 dope cuts, Green Lantern produces one of my favorite tracks of the year in "Bang Time", and Dj Premier laces a laid back beat for Fizzy and Danze to rip. I strongly recommend this album if you want hard, no gimmick rap from one of my favorite duos that have yet to disappoint on an album.

After getting this i had this at 4/5 but its crept up to 4.25 since ive really been spinning it a lot. What does everyone think of this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 9:58 pm

With all due respect - fuck that. I live in a city if half a million and there is exactly 2 copies to be found here - both too expensive.

If MOP wants to sell tell them to sign a better distribution deal.

1 best buy in the entire city had it and sold out quick.

When you put a total of 4 copies in one city you aren't going to sell shit.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 10:03 pm

i found it in my Best Buy and it was only 11.99. No complaints there

also, there distribution was awful i will say that but if people really want something nowadays online is only a click away
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 10:03 pm

exactly!!!!!!!!!! Poor distribution is a what caused them not to sell. quite frankly, people won't buy unless they see it in store.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 10:09 pm

I rate it at 3.75. There are some bangers, and some mediocre joints. Album's very inconsistent IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 10:22 pm

It's the distribution though.

I set myself a very clear price point - 13.99 or less - and rarely do I break it. It is only a dollar when you move up to 15.99 ot 14.99 - but it all adds up over time so you have to set limits.

If I am going to hit 13.99 or break my limit it is going to be for some quick gratification - that is the only way to justify spending that much is unwrapping that CD and playing it then and there. I'm not willing to pay that much to then have to wait a week to get a CD by mail.

One best buy had it advertised for 11.99 and they were the only one to have any copies in.

E1 distribution is shit poor now - koch fucked up something big - for shit they think they can sell they have it all over - but for this type of shit they regionalize it. East coast probably had plenty of these - but elsewhere they are scarce. Just like the new ESG - they had it in store today for 14.99 - but I'm willing to bet E-1 will screw ESG over in other states.

Billy Danze and Lil Fame should open their asses a store online - I would happily pay them 15 bucks and wait for the to ship me a CD if I knew they were getting 8 bucks out of it or more.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 10:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
people won't buy unless they see it in store.

I'm not sure I believe that in this day and age. The other day I went to buy the new Brother Ali album, and my co-worker said "I'm surprised you actually still buy CDs". One of my roommates is the same. Both are 26 and 28. I'm sure younger folks would agree even more. Not us though, we're junkies...many of us collectors. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 10:48 pm

I only played it once so far but its on deck for the ride. It is str8 but a tad incontistant as already stated but thats off one listen. No rating at this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 10:52 pm

This sounds similar to Ghetto Warfare - I ordered that instead this week and it was inconsistent too - some dope songs though - definitely worth a purchase for MOP fans.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 12:11 am

KRob86 wrote:
I only played it once so far but its on deck for the ride. It is str8 but a tad incontistant as already stated but thats off one listen. No rating at this time.

first time i spun it i thought the same but it gets a LOT better imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 5:04 pm

Dope and very consistent album. One of the year's best and their 2nd best effort IMO. Even if you're only a casual MOP fan you'll enjoy Foundation.

4.25 stars
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 8:01 pm

this album sort of reminded me of the vibe they had on their first album "To the Death", very dope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 8:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Dope and very consistent album. One of the year's best and their 2nd best effort IMO. Even if you're only a casual MOP fan you'll enjoy Foundation.

4.25 stars

KJ, every god damn album is years best or AOTY to you...survival skills, double barrell, ugk 4 life, padded room, this, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 8:20 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

4.25 stars

KJ, every god damn album is years best or AOTY to you...survival skills, double barrell, ugk 4 life, padded room, this, etc.

I never said this was AOTY, I just said that this is ONE of the year's best.

In a year with no consensus classics, Foundation EASILY stands out.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 2:55 am

KJ Styles wrote:
their 2nd best effort IMO.

I respect your opinion KJ, but do you really believe that?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 8:00 am

Dwight wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I would hope KJ does not like it more than First Family or Warriorz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 12:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Dwight wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

It's not better than Warriorz. I haven't spun First Family in a while but I know that I was more impressed with this album after the first couple spins than that one. I'll spin it again and then come back to you.

It's DEFINITELY better than the 3.75 that you gave it though Dwight. That's for sure.

EDIT: I bet it's not hard to figure out who gave this 2 or lower. Those guys "who shall remain nameless" probably never even spun the fuckin album. Douchebags.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 1:44 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Dwight wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

It's not better than Warriorz. I haven't spun First Family in a while but I know that I was more impressed with this album after the first couple spins than that one. I'll spin it again and then come back to you.

It's DEFINITELY better than the 3.75 that you gave it though Dwight. That's for sure.

EDIT: I bet it's not hard to figure out who gave this 2 or lower. Those guys "who shall remain nameless" probably never even spun the fuckin album. Douchebags.

I was just wondering what your ratings were for Warriorz and First Family because I think those are both dope albums and better than Foundation.

Edit: And where do you rate Firing Squad and To The Death?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 4:25 pm

First Family is a personal classic
Firing Squad and Warriorz are 4.5 to me
To the Death is 4-4.25

i love MOP though
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 4:29 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
First Family is a personal classic
Firing Squad and Warriorz are 4.5 to me
To the Death is 4-4.25

i love MOP though

Same here but Firing Squad is my favorite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 4:40 pm

Ok, after spinning First Family again I agree it's better than Foundation, but only by a quarter star.

I still feel that this album is better than To The Death, and on par with Firing Squad.

Warriorz is 4.75 stars IMO. Face Off 2K1 is the only track I skip on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 12:03 pm

3.75 for this listener. I think the trk order could have been betta and lyrically they took a good amount of bars off. The middle of the album is what saved it from reaching a 3.5. Solid release though just as of now a average album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 4:05 pm

this album is a decent project from M.O.P...I have it at 3.75 stars too Kev..I agree with you there

it's got some missteps on it but also some bangers as well.....i think were it maybe lacking is in replay value...meaning 3 months down the road will I still be playing this album?? I doubt that..

I'm with you Slang on First Family 4 Life...that shit is a classic..a personal classic...a hip-hop classic..it's both

Warriorz is at 4.50 stars..another banger with that ridiculous Preemo production on it as usual

Firing Squad came in at 3.50 stars for me..I have that one as their lowest effort, although it does have some shining moments on it...

To The Death (the debut) is at 4 stars for me...a really nice way to come out the gate
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 5:55 pm

Powell you only rate Firing Squad 3.5? that might be my 2nd favorite from them around 4.5....whens the last time you spun it? if its been a while id give it a listen Premo is all over that one
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 7:21 pm

my M.O.P. order is

First Family 4 Life
Warriorz
To The Death
Foundation
Firing Squad

I listened to Firing Squad about two months ago again and I do like it but just not as much as the rest of their strong discog...I love Preemo's beats on the other ones a little bit more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:16 pm

Great album from M.O.P. 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.O.P. - The Foundation   M.O.P. - The Foundation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.O.P. - The Foundation
Page 1 of 1