Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Itunes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 10:31 pm

What's up everyone? It's good to be back...lol I just have a general question about Itunes. I have an old Dell and my 15,000 Itunes songs are taking up the memory on my computer. I just got an external hard drive yesterday and I am in the process of moving all of my music there by copying the My Music folder from my personal drive to the external hard drive. My question is will I still have access to all of my playlists and songs in Itunes, if I want to make changes, edits, etc. if I move everything to the external hard drive and delete the My Music folder from my computer. Any assistance will help.

Thanks, Highsmith
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 1:29 am

NO.

You will have to reassociate each file. Datz gone be a bitch 2. Sorry homie.
*Unless somebody wants to tell me something different.
Other than that bit of bad news, howz it been going?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 10:33 am

I'll help you out, just so long as you realize that music take up HDD space not memory...
anyway,
just drag the my music folder into you external(let it copy which will take a long ass time) and then delete the original off your computer's harddrive. Then open Itunes and click edit,preferences and advanced. Under advanced there will be a "itunes music folder location".. just change it to match your new folder location on the external and you're good to go
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 1:05 am

Thanks for the advice Esco. I am in the process of copying everything over. My external hard drive is on the F drive and I have the Itunes program going to that drive. Thanks again man. So far so good. I haven't received any low memory messages for a couple of hours and I was able to add the new Ghost to my computer.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 1:07 am

The only reason why I said memory Esco is that the Itunes is basically 95% of what's on my computer. I had 14,000 songs and never got the low memory messages. As soon as I got close to 15,000 songs, the messages came up constantly. It got to a point where I couldn't download anything from Itunes or add new CDs to my computer.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 1:11 am

Forgive me, the Hazardous, I haven't associated all of the amazon names to the names on here. Other than working, my wife and I just celebrated our 3rd anniversary on Wednesday and I am still keeping up with music as much as possible. I was pleasantly surprised by Chamber Music, OB4CL2 has been in heavy rotation and BP3, Kamaal The Abstract, Man On The Moon and the new Ghost is what I am listening to now. I also want to finally listen to the whole KRS & Buckshot CD. What's been up with you?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 1:27 am

Highsmith, I agree with you on the memory side. I had 10,000 songs on my 120GB labtop before I got a hard drive. My computer said I had less than 20% left. Right now, I have almost 11,000 songs (I started to get non hip hop songs on here before I got a hard drive) on my iTunes, and my hardrive is just about 50%. I have a 250GB hard drive right now which I need to keep plugged in to play most of music lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 1:30 am

Also, congrats on the 3rd anniversary.

If you haven't checked out Slaughterhouse, UGK, and Blaq Poet, I suggest you do. All three (the first two being my top 1 and 2 of this year, and the 3rd being in my top 10) are dope as hell. Knowing that you (unless I'm thinking of Peterson) like Southern ish, I highly recommend the UGK. Dope as hell!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 7:11 pm

Thanks Shaun. I have the UGK but I wasn't sure about Slaughterhouse. If you are co-signing it then I will definitely try to check it out soon. I am not too familar with Blaq Poet but I will atleast check out some Itunes snippets to see how it is. I had the UGK in heavy rotation for awhile especially The Pimp & The Bun and Da Game's Been Good To Me.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 11:43 pm

The Hazardous aka J. Peterson

I hope the reassociation works. I forgot you could change your disc letter. That will yield better results but make sure the path is like the previous one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Itunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes   Itunes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Itunes
Page 1 of 1