Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Itunes question?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 10:20 am

Is there a trust worthy program that can pull from the ipod to load your library?

I lost a lot of my music in my library but it is still on my ipod. Any advice or solutions would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 11:31 am

Depends what format your music is in. But really, Windows or any Mac operating system could do it without iTunes or WMP. All you do is plug in your iPod to your computer and bring up the files on windows (or whatever), and pull the files from your ipod to your computer where you want them (probably the My Music folder, or whatever mac users have).
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 12:46 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Depends what format your music is in. But really, Windows or any Mac operating system could do it without iTunes or WMP. All you do is plug in your iPod to your computer and bring up the files on windows (or whatever), and pull the files from your ipod to your computer where you want them (probably the My Music folder, or whatever mac users have).

Yeah, this is pretty much all you have to do. Depending on how much music you have on the Ipod's hard drive (which I'm assuming you're using to transfer the music), it could take a while....
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

That sounds pretty easy...so after I load it to Media Player I just import the library to itunes...correct? Or do I not use media player?
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 1:08 pm

You can do it either way, it's probably easier just to start up the media player and sync it, but you can do it without it, but then you have to pull up multiple windows.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 1:26 pm

If you are transferring music from one computer to another using your Ipod, here's what I did:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 2:19 pm

I'm only trying to transfer music from my ipod back to my itunes PC library.
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 2:34 pm

Then just plug it in and sync it with your iTunes.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 3:35 pm

jesus, you all suck at giving advice

KEV WHAT I'M ABOUT TO TELL YOU IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO.

Open Itunes,click edit, then preferences. Click the "advanced" tab and the 1st option down will ask you WHERE YOU WANT TO STORE YOUR MUSIC ON YOUR COMPUTER." Pick a folder you like and then look at the 3rd option down which will say "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library," and click it.

Ok now the music transfer part.

plug in your ipod, and click on My Computer. Click tools>Folder Options and choose the "View" tab. Click the option that says "show hidden files and folders" and click apply.

Then to go your ipod, and you will see a sort of see through folder labeled "ipod_control" and open it. Then click on music and you should have a bunch of folders labeled F00, F01... etc. Highlight all of them, right click, and choose properties. Unselect the "HIDDEN" option and choose apply.

Then drag all those folders into your itunes library and wait while it transfers.
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 4:17 pm

Thanks Esco and everyone else! I will try Esco's way first.

Esco once I drag these folders into itunes library will I have duplicate libraries like in my itunes and in the area I dragged them from? For example will have 50gig's of music showing twice on my hard drive? Or will I need to delete the folders after it is dragged to itunes?

Also will I be able to pick what goes back to the library?
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 4:20 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Esco once I drag these folders into itunes library will I have duplicate libraries like in my itunes and in the area I dragged them from? For example will have 50gig's of music showing twice on my hard drive? Or will I need to delete the folders after it is dragged to itunes?

If you just drag the folders into itunes without clicking "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" you will have to plug your ipod into your computer every time you want to listen. Checking the box, makes a copy of the song onto your harddrive so you don't have to plug your ipod in everytime. Basically once you're done, you will have 50 gigs on your ipod(for Ipod use) and 50gigs on your computer's harddrive(for computer use).
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 4:34 pm

Esco wrote:
If you just drag the folders into itunes without clicking "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" you will have to plug your ipod into your computer every time you want to listen. Checking the box, makes a copy of the song onto your hard drive so you don't have to plug your ipod in everytime. Basically once you're done, you will have 50 gigs on your ipod(for Ipod use) and 50gigs on your computer's harddrive(for computer use).

True. I copy my files to an external hard drive to back up everything I have on my iPod/iTunes. It's less hassle than having to plug n' play every time you want to use iTunes.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 5:45 pm

Esco wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

If you just drag the folders into itunes without clicking "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" you will have to plug your ipod into your computer every time you want to listen. Checking the box, makes a copy of the song onto your harddrive so you don't have to plug your ipod in everytime. Basically once you're done, you will have 50 gigs on your ipod(for Ipod use) and 50gigs on your computer's harddrive(for computer use).

Excuse me for being slow...so basically you are saying I need to leave these folders on my hard drive even though I just copied the files to my itunes?

Also will I be able to pick album/artist wise what I do not want copied to the itunes library?
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 7:18 pm

Yo Esco when it finishes do I need to click one of the options for Read Only, Hidden, or Archive?
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 1:23 am

KRob86 wrote:
Yo Esco when it finishes do I need to click one of the options for Read Only, Hidden, or Archive?

No, the ipod automatically returns them to hidden.

And YES, you do need the folder where you're saving all the music on your HD. iTunes only reads the folder and displays it nicely for you, without the original file the program won't have any information(music) to play.
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 10:23 am

Man I lost all my fucking music on the ipod! I forgot I had my shit on auto sync and it was too late by the time I caught it so it deleted everything.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 10:57 am

KRob86 wrote:
Man I lost all my fucking music on the ipod! I forgot I had my shit on auto sync and it was too late by the time I caught it so it deleted everything.

I mean, if you transferred all the songs into your new computer you should still have them there man.
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:06 am

I didn't see them but i'll double check.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:08 am

KRob86 wrote:
I didn't see them but i'll double check.

alright man, just let me know. Auto sync just fucks with your ipod, so if you did do the transfer like I previously explained you should be fine.
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:13 am

Yeah I did what you said and it created the clear folder you spoke about. But do I just import that folder to itunes library now?
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:15 am

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah I did what you said and it created the clear folder you spoke about. But do I just import that folder to itunes library now?

Yea, it should have all your music, since it is already on your computer's Hard Drive you can go to preferences>advanced and uncheck the "copy songs into itunes folder when importing song". Just drag n drop n wait for it to import into itunes.
Back to top Go down

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 6:44 pm

What folder should this music pulled from my ipod have went to?
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 2:10 pm

KRob86 wrote:
What folder should this music pulled from my ipod have went to?

The one you set it up to. It gives you the option to pick the folder but you probably left it at the default. GO to preferences> advanced and at the top will be a directory of where the folder should be, along with your music in that folder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Itunes question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Itunes question?   Itunes question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Itunes question?
Page 1 of 1