Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.

Go down 
+4
Alan
Funk Seoul Brother
Shaun
Dang! Trotter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Empty
PostSubject: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 6:33 pm

After doing careful analysis of this song it may as well be the greatest rap song and all-together one of the greatest songs in existence. This song is amazing. No message,No political agenda, No pop-boppery, just raw lyricism. Seeing how this song took the world by storm and how completely revolutionary it was at the time, few could dissagree. If you wasnt listening to hip hop the time this song came out your argument is futile. This song had so many quoteables like "Wooo Im steamin, AGONY! Why is everybody picking on me!" Most rap songs only had one catchy line like Special Ed's "I got it made" when he said "You beat me? Really?" While this song has one every other line. This song was a vicious hybrid of poplar pop-slogans and children songs meshed together with a dark grittiness coupled with a pulsating flow. And the beat. The beat is just almost a simple sound not even playing for 2,5 seconds before it is looped. The song is almost haunting. The way Draze and Brooks bounced off each other is unparalleled in rap nowadays. And who could forget how that song began " Bum stickity..." And on top of that the song really had no hook.

Last edited by Dang! Trotter on Fri 02 Oct 2009, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 6:35 pm

My argument is futile, but this is a top 25-30 song for me. I love the way Das EFX never actually said anything and still made songs/albums better than just about anything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 6:39 pm

I don't agree its the greatest ever but it is one of the top 20-35 hip hop trks of all time easy. I also remember when this dropped it took off like wildfire. You could not go a hour without a car bumping this or someone quoting the rhyme. Matter of fact it became a mini contest or challenge to see who could remember the rhymes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 7:50 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I don't agree its the greatest ever but it is one of the top 20-35 hip hop trks of all time easy. I also remember when this dropped it took off like wildfire. You could not go a hour without a car bumping this or someone quoting the rhyme. Matter of fact it became a mini contest or challenge to see who could remember the rhymes.

Co-Sign!!! Me and my friends did the same shit with this song and Mic Checka!!

I agree with the rest of what you said too. In fact, the whole Dead Serious album bangs and I still bump it to this day. It's a Top 30-40 album easily.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 8:07 pm

This song is pretty good but Beyonce had one of the best songs of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 8:44 pm

Great review of this song Trotter. This song is 1000% classic. Probably always has been by favorite cut on the album.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 8:57 pm

LMAO @ Cise
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 9:11 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
This song is pretty good but Beyonce had one of the best songs of all-time.

oh god hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 9:24 pm

[quote="KJ Styles"]
KRob86 wrote:
In fact, the whole Dead Serious album bangs and I still bump it to this day. It's a Top 30-40 album easily.

As I played the song I ended up playing the whole album. First time in quite a while. Still extremely dope all the way through. 100% classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 10:56 am

Those first 3 albums are sick. Also, does anybody know if explicit versions of the first two albums are available?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 12:46 pm

I don't think they are. We had this conversation many times on Amazon, and everyone said they had edited copies
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 1:03 pm

I love this track, dont know where i would rank it but its definitely up there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 7:56 pm

Red1 wrote:
Those first 3 albums are sick. Also, does anybody know if explicit versions of the first two albums are available?

I don't believe their first two albums even had a parental advisory sticker on them.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 9:43 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
the greatest rap song and all-together one of the greatest songs in existence. This song is amazing.

My responce to that = T.R.O.Y.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 11:48 pm

its hard to label one song as the greatest rap song but it definitely deserves a mention as one of the all time greats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.   They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Want EfxX is the greatest rap song created.
Page 1 of 1