Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moka Only / Busdriver Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Moka Only / Busdriver Help Empty
PostSubject: Moka Only / Busdriver Help   Moka Only / Busdriver Help Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 1:35 am

I wanna grab an album from each of them to start with. What is the best material
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Moka Only / Busdriver Help   Moka Only / Busdriver Help Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 3:20 am

Dog River is the best Moka Only out of the 6 or 7 that I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Moka Only / Busdriver Help   Moka Only / Busdriver Help Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 6:01 am

*cracking fingers* Well I happen to be big fans of both. And both artists have made albums experimenting with different styles.

MokaOnly. If you want something smooth and accessible go with Lime Green. Its his debut and straight classic. If you wanna see Moka be odd and experimental go with StationAgent, also a classic in my eyes or should I say ears!

BusDriver. Most people tend to enjoy Temporary Forever. But his Fear Of A Black Tangent has stellar production and lyricism and isn't too strange. Roadkill Overcoat was Busdriver delving in uncharted waters, this album is crazy as fuck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moka Only / Busdriver Help   Moka Only / Busdriver Help Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 10:46 am

Thanks for the recs. Couldn't find Dog River. Had my eye onTemporary Forever for a while but too expensive.

Ended up ordering Lime Green, Station Agent, Roadkill, Fear Of A Black Tangent
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Moka Only / Busdriver Help   Moka Only / Busdriver Help Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 12:35 pm

Red1, were you amazon? Just sayin', the name looks familiar...

Anyway, Moka is my dude. I recommend Vermilion (top of the line Moka here, IMO), Lime Green, Moka Only vs Numata, Airport, & Lowdown Suite. The other recs from Parker and Trotter are good too.

I can't speak on Busdriver too much. I downloaded a torrent of everything he ever made. It was nonsensical, rambling and odd for the sake of odd, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Moka Only / Busdriver Help   Moka Only / Busdriver Help Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 12:51 pm

[quote="Kopasetick"]Red1, were you amazon? Just sayin', the name looks familiar...

yeah have been on amazon since about 2 years ago then been on here and the other one since amazon just died and everyone left
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moka Only / Busdriver Help   Moka Only / Busdriver Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moka Only / Busdriver Help
Page 1 of 1