Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd Quarter of 09 Review

Go down 
+4
Jason
E. Taylor
T. Myers
Shaun
8 posters
AuthorMessage

3rd Quarter of 09 Review Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:49 pm

Okay, I know we did this at the halfway point, but now since (as Shon pointed out to me) the 3rd quarter is over, how are you feeling about 09 as a whole? To me, this is one of the strongest years for hip hop this decade and we've got a strong 4th quarter to close us out. How is everybody feeling now?

Here's my standings as of today (not necessarily just up to 3rd Quarter, but as of today):

Album of the year:

3 way tie right now with Alex King, Liquid Assassin, and Tech N9ne

Sleeper of the year:

Tragedy/Trez, William Cooper, Wildstyle (of Crucial Conflict)

Bricks of the year:

Esoteric, Cage, Eyedea & Abilities

Dope but still disappointing:

KRS/Buckshot, Brother Ali's Us, Del/Tame 1

Best Mixtape:

Wildstyle's Natural Disaster

Hardest Working Artist:

Normally I'd give this to Esham/Bizzy Bone/Tech N9ne/K Rino/Haystak, but this year I've really gotta give it up to Joe Buddens. He's dropped two quality solo lp's (with another one on the way) and a dope group lp.

And I still can't believe the Bone Reunion, Rae's OB4CL2, Rakim, Eminem, Slaughterhouse, and LCN all dropped in the same year. Now if only Dre dropped too it'd blow my fuckin mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 3:15 pm

Yeah I think 09 is very strong mainly due to the amount of quality that has dropped so far. While 2008 had more sureshot future or present classics it did not have the overall quanity of dopeness 09 has so far.

I don't know if I have a true album of the year but here is my top 10 as of now:

No order
Bro Ali- Truth Is Here
Bro Ali- US
Slaughterhouse
UGK- 4 LIfe
Eminem- Relapse
Jay-Z- BP3
Fabolous- Loso's Way
Puba- Retroactive
Raekwon- OB4CL 2
J-Ro- Rare Earth Vol. 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 4:47 pm

You really have the Fab that high, Kev? I only own his first two, how would you rate it between those two?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 6:06 pm

My Top 10 as of now (no order)

KRS-One/Buckshot- Survival Skills
Skyzoo- The Salvation
Raekwon- OB4CL2
Royce Da 5'9''- Street Hop
Joe Budden- Padded Room
Eminem- Relapse
Alchemist- Chemical Warfare
Marco Polo & Torae- Double Barrel
UGK- 4 Life
Tanya Morgan- Brooklynati
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 6:08 pm

N3R0 wrote:
You really have the Fab that high, Kev? I only own his first two, how would you rate it between those two?

I know you directed it towards Kev and he can answer when he gets a chance. But I'd say it's not as good as Ghetto Fabulous, but better than Street Dreams.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 6:16 pm

Is that Skyzoo really that dope? I might have to get that, then...

Speaking of the Fab... is it better than Real Talk?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 6:20 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

I know you directed it towards Kev and he can answer when he gets a chance. But I'd say it's not as good as Ghetto Fabulous, but better than Street Dreams.

Co-sign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:01 pm

Shaun wrote:
Is that Skyzoo really that dope? I might have to get that, then...

Speaking of the Fab... is it better than Real Talk?

Hmmmm, that's a tough call....

I'd say that they're on par with each other. I like the production on Loso's Way better than Real Talk. But Breathe is the best song on either album.

Yes, Skyzoo really is that dope. I have it at 4.5 stars but most would probably say 4.25 or so. He really ripped it on this album.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:39 pm

Album of the year:

Raekwon "OB4CL 2"
followed closely by Tanya Morgan "Brooklynnati"

Sleeper of the year:

Dela "Changes of Atmosphere"
followed closely by Alchemist "Chemical Warfare"

B-Real "Smoke n Mirrors"

Still waiting on my Royce, Fashawn, and Cormega albums. Can't wait for the Bone, Eminem, Rakim, Ace and Edo and Wale albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:41 pm

Actually in terms of bricks, I can't believe I forgot Twista...I liked that album a lot the first couple times I spun it...but not anymore. At all.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:44 pm

09 hasn't seemed particularly strong for Hip-Hop to me, but it hasn't been bad either. The best albums to me have been D-Sisive, Mos Def, P.O.S., K-Os, and Brother Ali, in that order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:12 pm

Jason, you're a cool dude, but just by the albums you named you know that you're not as well rounded in hip hop to say it's not a strong year. Check out some other styles of shit and you'll see how dope 09 is.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:21 pm

Here's my standings as of today (not necessarily just up to 3rd Quarter, but as of today):

Album of the year:

OBFCL2 right now, followed by Relapse

Sleeper of the year:

The Jacka - Tear Gas

BlaQkout, Blackout 2, Born Like This, Survival Skills,

Hardest Working Artist:

Killah Priest

i still have to buy Del/Tame One, everything that came out last week (Mega, Royce, Fashawn), Tech N9ne, K-Rino, B-Real, UGK, Skyzoo, Bro Ali
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:24 pm

"9x Outta Ten" is still the song of the year to me probably
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:27 pm

Shit, good lookin on that Jacka, Slang. SRP bigged this up all year and I still haven't heard it. I need to get on that.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:32 pm

Album of the year:

Lushlife- Cassette City (nothing but dopeness!)

Sleeper of the year:

Lushlife- Cassette City (Yes, it's both album of the year and sleeper of the year for me. Y'all fools who haven't peep this yet, wake up!)

way too many to name.

Hardest Working Artist:

Gotta give it to everyone in Slaughterhouse. It's their year, and they all are releasing nothing but dopeness.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:33 pm

Album of the year: My top 3 as of now is Bicasso "Rebel Musiq" (#1), Tanya Morgan "Brooklynati" (#2) and Afro Classics "Classic Rock" (#3).

Sleeper of the year: I feel most of the shit I listen to is slept on, but I'll give the spotlight to Deep Rooted "D.E.E.P. R.O.O.T.E.D." (4.5 stars in my book)

Bricks of the year: Eyedea & Abilities, Zion I, The Crest...all 3 stars or below IMO

Dope but still disappointing: Grouch & Eligh "Say G&E!". The album is silky smooth and has great production, but these guys just don't sound hungry like they used to...dampers the replay value.

Best Mixtape: Not sure if I heard a real mixtape this year, but I'll give it to Ayentee "Curiosity Saved The Mouse" since it was free/download only (4.5 stars in my book).

Hardest Working Artist: Brother Ali - En extended EP and an excellent full-length. Also 3 great cuts on BK-One's new joint. Maybe not the best choice, but it's all quality.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:35 pm

I was thinking about Brother Ali as hardest working artist as well. He's had a helluva year so far.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:35 pm

N3R0 wrote:

KRS/Buckshot, Brother Ali's Us, Del/Tame 1

Still disappointed by the Ali? I'm still spinning that one...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:36 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
I was thinking about Brother Ali as hardest working artist as well. He's had a helluva year so far.

I agree. You heard that Deep Rooted album, Tran (I think you'd dig it)? What about the Afro Classics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:37 pm

N3R0 wrote:

Production and lyrically is is betta than both imo. To me he really stepped up on this album like he had something to prove. Here's how I rate his discog

Ghetto Fab- 4.0
Street Dreams- 3.75
Real Talk- 3.75
From Nuthin- 3.25
Loso's Way-4.25
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:37 pm

My brick of the year would probably be Scratch- Loss 4 Wordz. What a booty album, waste of $10...smh

Dope, but disappointing would be Tanya Morgan- Brooklynati. I had high expectation for this, and it was no where near meeting it. Solid 4 star album, that's it for me.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:39 pm

Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

I agree. You heard that Deep Rooted album, Tran (I think you'd dig it)? What about the Afro Classics?

Nope, haven't gotten around to the Deep Rooted album yet, Al. I will soon though. I dl the Afro Classics from the link you gave me, but I haven't given it a spin yet. Too many albums I want to listen to first right now. I will give it a spin soon.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:43 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
Dope, but disappointing would be Tanya Morgan- Brooklynati. I had high expectation for this, and it was no where near meeting it. Solid 4 star album, that's it for me.

That's still crazy IMO. I just listened to it again 2 days ago. Still easily 5 stars to me. That shit doesn't get old IMO. I mean, I understand why some people wouldn't dig it much, but I guess I thought you would.

Don't sleep on that Afro Classics too much man. That one has really moved up to #3 for '09 IMO. Everyone who's commented on it at Access seems to love it too...so far.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:53 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Jason, you're a cool dude, but just by the albums you named you know that you're not as well rounded in hip hop to say it's not a strong year. Check out some other styles of shit and you'll see how dope 09 is.

Of course I can say it's not a particularly strong year, it's just an opinion like everyone else's.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:58 pm

Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

That's still crazy IMO. I just listened to it again 2 days ago. Still easily 5 stars to me. That shit doesn't get old IMO. I mean, I understand why some people wouldn't dig it much, but I guess I thought you would.

Don't sleep on that Afro Classics too much man. That one has really moved up to #3 for '09 IMO. Everyone who's commented on it at Access seems to love it too...so far.

There are a little too many skip materials on there that kills the vibe for me. "On Our Way" is dope song though, easily warranting a top 15 song of the year spot.

I will bump Afro Classic soon, but the cardboard sleeve just kills my interest in copping it...smh
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 9:03 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

There are a little too many skip materials on there that kills the vibe for me. "On Our Way" is dope song though, easily warranting a top 15 song of the year spot.

I will bump Afro Classic soon, but the cardboard sleeve just kills my interest in copping it...smh

Hmmm, the TM is skip free to me after a ton of listens...I dig the skits/concepts/interludes/instrumentals on it too...feels very complete IMO. Anyway...

Don't let the packaging make you judge the music. It may be a paperboard sleeve, but it's on quality gloss stock and the artwork is dope, as well as crisp and clear. The CD itself has the cover art and looks nice too. It's not like it isn't professional. Not sure why Access says "full color on the front", it's full color all over the place. It was a little cheaper too...I'm happy enough with...especially since I got it at about 5 stars. lol
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 9:08 pm

Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

I agree with Flyte Tyme. Brooklynati is dope but not 5 stars IMO. I agree with the 4 star rating, maybe a little more.

My top 10 would go

1. UGK-UGK 4 Life
2. Raekwon-OB4CL
3. Mos Def-Ecstatic
4. Cunninlynguists-SJV1
5. Wu-Tang Clan-Chamber Music
6. Lushlife-Cassette City
7. J Dilla-Jay Stay Paid
8. Brother Ali-The Truth is Here
9. Tanya Morgan-Brooklynatti
10. Meth and Red-Blackout 2

There is still A LOT I need to check out....but my top 5 is pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 9:12 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

I agree with Flyte Tyme. Brooklynati is dope but not 5 stars IMO. I agree with the 4 star rating, maybe a little more.

I don't know. I've heard close to 80 brand new albums this year and that one is still topping my list. I just base my list on replay value for the most part. I've played the piss out of that CD.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 9:19 pm

Yeah man that's cool. I'd give the Cunninlynguists Strange Journey Vol. 1 album 4.5 stars. And I know knobody here probably agrees with that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 12:08 am

Jason what I'm saying is that it seems unfair for a casual hip hop listener whose tastes are so one dimensional to call this a bad year. That's like Powell or KJ saying it's been a bad year...you listen to like, 30 contemporary artists tops so if they don't all drop quality that's a bad year?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:17 am

I'm not a casual Hip-Hop listener. I've listened to dozens of Hip-Hop albums this year, including at least 80-90% of what has been listed in this thread. And above all, I'm as entitled to an opinion as anyone else, and I never said this was a bad year anyway (I explicitly said it wasn't), I said it didn't stand out from other post-2000 years, so fuck off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:39 am

Hey Jason, calm down bro. For one, I'm positive you haven't listened to any of the shit I listed, so don't try it. For two, I again never stated you weren't entitled to your opinion but again like I said when your tastes aren't very open I don't think it's fair of you to judge a year when you're not gonna go out of your way to try something that's outside of the indie scene.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:40 am

You're wrong. Amazing how you think you have mental powers to divine what I've listened to from miles away, and not even knowing me on top of it. I should also note that every single album you listed in your main list was an indie album as well.

I'm not a casual Hip-Hop listener, that's complete bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:07 am

I meant "indie" in terms of style, not type of label. I realize you're defensive from Powell and KJ attacking you, but I'm not trying to be like that. My only point here is that I've listened to nearly 100 hip hop cds that came out this year and you've spun maybe 30-ish? That's all I'm saying, no hard feelings, no nothing man. IMO, if you're not checking for at least a couple new releases every week, then you're a "casual" hip hop listener. NO DISRESPECT.

And in terms of estimating what you've listened to and what you haven't, when everything you list is in the experimental/indie hip hop category, what conclusion an I supposed to draw?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:08 am

The problem is you're wrong, and you're making baseless assumptions. To call me a casual Hip-Hop listener is absurd. Everyone has preferences, it doesn't mean it's all I've listened to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:15 am

Dude you're still being crazy defensive for NO REASON and you have yet to show any evidence that you listen to anything beyond backpack rap. DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH, I enjoy the more cerebral less gangsta hip hop too, but I'll also check out a Mack 10 release, a Warren G, the new Kurupt/Roscoe...you've never talked about any of these albums so what conclusion are supposed to draw? The conclusion that you listen to one sub-genre and aren't a huge hip hop fan in general. You mention rock bands more than you mention any particular rapper...it's a fair assumption sir. Look, you're telling me you're not a casual fan but not backing it up. I'm more than willing to listen to you if you have anything to say other than I don't know, I'm trying to hear you out and you're getting defensive my dude. Chill.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:41 am

It's annoying to be told by some asshole that doesn't know you that you're a casual listener to music you've been listening to for most of you life, that you've spent a lot of time digesting and enjoying. How about you don't make sweeping assumptions to begin with. You want proof, fine, just let me scan things into MediaMonkey, and I'll give you a whole list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:48 am

Dude, again, I apologize for pissing you off, I'm just saying that's how you've come across previously. NO BIG DEAL, I don't expect you to scan a year's worth of music into anything. I'm just asking what kinda stuff you've checked out.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 12:33 pm

Hip-Hop albums I've heard to this year:

3rd Quarter of 09 Review 99944964.th3rd Quarter of 09 Review 35423066.th3rd Quarter of 09 Review 95265332.th3rd Quarter of 09 Review 59229391.th
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 12:58 pm

Okay my dude point proven. I didn't mean to insult you, and your listening is a lot more varied then you let on. It just seems like with that amount of albums you'd give this year more than an "ok". When all I had to go on, what I said seemed fair, but I realize I was wrong. My bad.

Also, that Pastor Troy looked a little out of place til I saw the Z-Ro and some other stuff. Is that album with Chill any good?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 1:05 pm

The production wasn't great on the Z-Ro and Chill album, it all sort of start to run together and get kind of tedious.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:01 pm

Jason wrote:
Hip-Hop albums I've heard to this year:

3rd Quarter of 09 Review 99944964.th3rd Quarter of 09 Review 35423066.th3rd Quarter of 09 Review 95265332.th3rd Quarter of 09 Review 59229391.th

What do you think of that Deep Rooted album? Shit is dope IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:15 pm

It's been a while since I listened to the Deep Rooted album, so I can't say much specifically, since honestly I don't remember anything specific. I think it dropped in like February or March, which is around the time I last listened to it. It's in my B collection, so I didn't think that highly of it on the first few listens. I didn't relegate it my C collection though, so it was good enough that I wanted to revisit it at some point, to see if it clicks.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:17 pm

I've been listening to it a lot. Actually bought the hard copy recently. One of my favorites of the year. In the 4.25-4.5 star area for me.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:18 pm

I'll give it another listen in the near future then, see if it hits me more strongly now. That does happen sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:23 pm

Jason wrote:
I'll give it another listen in the near future then, see if it hits me more strongly now. That does happen sometimes.

I dig the singing/female vocals in there too. There's quite a bit of that. I like the group set-up a lot though. Check out "Crazy!" & "The End"...damn near all of them, but those are my favs for now. The only ones I don't too much are "Squeeze" and "Billy Jean Theme" (this MJ loop should just be left alone IMO).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Quarter of 09 Review   3rd Quarter of 09 Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd Quarter of 09 Review
Page 1 of 1