Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

Go down 
+6
Alan
Deanie O'Banion
Highsmith
Z-membu
Laced With Slang
Shaun
10 posters
AuthorMessage

What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Empty
PostSubject: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:24 pm

I know we've had some heavies drop already this year but there is still plenty on the docket for this 4th Quarter:

Rakim
Bone Thugs
3-6 Mafia
Redman
50 Cent
Eminem
Chubb Rock/Wordsworth
Chamilionaire
Z-Ro
Felt 3
Clipse
Masta Ace/Edo. G
Wale
Wyclef
Get Busy Committee (Apathy, Ryu, & Scoop Deville)
Ol D B
O.C./A.G. (not a fan of either of these guys usually, but I'll actually check this out)
Timbo
Canibus
AOTP

there's definitely more I'm not listing right now. Currently, if Relapse 2 actually drops that'll probably be the one I'm most excited for, followed right behind by Bone Thugs.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:26 pm

I'm still waiting on Royce, Cormega and K-Rino to come in the mail. Besides those, Bone Thugs, Rakim, and AOTP probably top my list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:31 pm

I was really looking forward to GBC but then I read that Shinoda won't have any involvement in the project. Lame.

I'm hopeful about the Rakim album, but even though the singles are fire I don't wanna get my hopes WAY up, you know? And the 4th quarter doesn't start til Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:35 pm

Well, I consider the 4th quarter to start in September, seeing as how that is, you know, the 4th quarter of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:35 pm

HA! Touche.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 5:09 pm

my top 3 to look forward to are probably Bone Thugs, Clipse, and Relapse 2

the Canibus album has a lot of potential considering the production list, and if the Redman album is dropping this year im really looking forward to that as well

ill also be copping/checking for Rakim, OC/AG, Masta Ace/Edo G, 9th Prince (if its release this year), AOTP, maybe Z-Ro, maybe Madlib & Strong Arm Steady, maybe Cunninlynguists
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 6:34 pm

Rakim - 7th Seal
Ace & Edo - A&E
Eminem - Relapse 2 (if it drops this year)
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 6:38 pm

Clipse, Redman, The Roots and Wale for me
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:32 pm

AP.9 - Reality Check
Glasses Malone - Beach Cruiser
BG - Too Hood...
Cellski - Chefboy...
E-40 - Revenue Retreivin
Gonzoe - Year Of The Dragon
Kilo Curt - 1000 Grams
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:35 pm

Hey Romped I have a few questions for ya!!!

(by the way, ya'll A&E leaked like last week...it's dec)

Is that Locksmith album droppin this year?

You ever heard of William Munny? He sent me two free cds and they're not awful.

You heard the new FAB with A.Wolf and Dutch The Great? Ode 2 The Fallen? Dope shit.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:46 pm

Sorry , nothing for ya Nero. Locksmith, don't know about his disc, but I did just hear a new E-A-Ski diss track, but forget who was blasting him. Never heard of William Munny, I'm guessing he's from Cali. I haven't heard Ode To The Fallen either, i'll see if it's Youtubeable.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:50 pm

G-Stack that's who it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:53 pm

William Munny is a white dude from Vallejo, he's released over 12 albums this year. Obviously the quality is all over the place but if he'd taken all that material and just made one cd with it, it'd be dope. I read somewhere Locksmith's album was called Roger The Rabbit or some weird shit.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:01 pm

I'll see if I can find something from Munny on BOT. Thanks for the heads up on Locksmith, I hadn't heard his name mentioned for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:04 pm

My bad it's called "Frank The Rabbit" and it's supposedly entirely produced by E-A-Ski to drop this winter. Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:07 pm

Yee!!! Those Frontline's go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:09 pm

Yeah we'll see. The first single "Envy" just dropped but I haven't heard it anywhere yet. Not on youtube to my knowledge.

BTW if KRS came HALF as hard on Survival Skills as he did on A&E's "Pass The Mic" that shit woulda been illmatic dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:44 pm

Clipse
Eminem
Nas & Damien M.
Redman
Bone Thugs
Roots
Z-Ro
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:47 pm

Most anticipated album of 2009 (for me at least):

December 3rd...I'm expecting top 5 of '09 material...

What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? L_4680aae513e04eaf9d861ed73d27f253
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:53 pm

The Roots
Cunninlynguists (getting my signed copy in the mail next week. Can't wait.)
Clipse
Blakroc

Would have said Wale but the leaks I've heard have been doo doo. It's already my nominee for most disappointing album...
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:54 pm

Oh yeah, I'll definately be coppin that Strong Arm Steady joint with Madlib...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:41 am

BONE THUGS GOT PUSHED BACK AGAIN THIS TIME TO DECEMBER 22ND GODDAMMIT.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:06 am

Alan, that album cover looks pretty crazy. Never heard of that group/artist. Good recommendation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:22 am

Yeah actually I didn't even notice that was Unknown Prophets...that looks like a horrorcore album cover. Weird for a christian true school rap group.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:42 am

Never heard of those guys. I'll check it out. So, its Christian rap?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:46 am

It's more true school, but they have a lot of christian themes. SOME people find their old school straightforward sensibilities bland and boring, but if you're into that kind of stuff you'll dig their whole catalogue, particularly producer/mc Big Jess' solo work.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:05 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Yeah actually I didn't even notice that was Unknown Prophets...that looks like a horrorcore album cover. Weird for a christian true school rap group.

They aren't a Christian rap group. They may have a few songs that speak about their faith or whatever, but no more than a TON of rappers do. Have you ever listened to this group?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:11 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Alan, that album cover looks pretty crazy. Never heard of that group/artist. Good recommendation?

Well, I love the group. One of my all time favorites actually...and my favorite group from the Midwest. Big Jess does all the production (which is superb), and also raps. Mad Son is the other rapper. And DJ Willy Lose lays down the cuts. Don't pay attention to the condescending Nero. They are true school hip-hop, but to call it Christian themed is off base and not near accurate unless all you listen to is gangsta, hardcore and horrorcore rap and don't dig anything more chill. It's conscious rap. My rankings...

Unknown Prophets - 1998 - The Prophecy <--- 3.5 stars
Unknown Prophets - 2000 - World Premier <--- 4.5 stars
Unknown Prophets - 2001 - Now You Know <--- 4 stars
Unknown Prophets - 2003 - The W.E.T. EP <--- 4 stars
Unknown Prophets - 2006 - The Road Less Travelled <--- 5 stars

Big Jess - 2004 - Good Clean Fun <--- 4.5 stars
Big Jess - 2005 - Good Clean Fun 2, The Super Jump-Off <--- 5 stars
Big Jess - 2008 - High Rule <--- 4.5 stars

Mad Son - 2004 - Peace Amongst the Madness <--- 3.5 stars
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 10:06 am

Pretty extensively catalog there Alan. I'll definitely check that out. You ever heard of LMNO? I was listening to the samples of the group's new album. I forget the name of the French producer, but it seems like a banger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 10:36 am

WOW it's the triumphant return of Ralph. Did you ever read my second post dickless?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 10:50 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Pretty extensively catalog there Alan. I'll definitely check that out. You ever heard of LMNO? I was listening to the samples of the group's new album. I forget the name of the French producer, but it seems like a banger.

I may check that out. I do have LMNO & Kev Brown "Selective Hearing", which is pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 12:15 am

Apparently you have "Selective Reading" too.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 12:16 am

smh
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:32 pm

Whatever happened to the Tonedeff & Kno album that was supposed to drop?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Nov 2009, 4:24 am

The Game- The R.E.D. Album

Yee!!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Nov 2009, 12:18 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
The Game- The R.E.D. Album

Yee!!!

RZA supposedly gave Game a beat for that, hopefully it makes the cut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Nov 2009, 12:29 pm

RED Eye, you chumps, drops on Feb.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Nov 2009, 2:23 pm

Drops ON Feb.?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Nov 2009, 9:28 pm

New Game joint? I'm up for that. If it's worse than LAX he needs to leave though.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeFri 06 Nov 2009, 10:03 pm

smh it got postponed until next year. But it's still called "The R.E.D. Album" as far as I know, though. I don't know where n3m0 got RED Eye from. Shaking My Head

What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? The-game-red-album

What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? THEGAMERED

^^^possible covers
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 1:16 am

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
RED Eye, you chumps, drops on Feb.

Bumped for Jeff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 1:21 am

Touche.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 1:21 am

Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?   What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What 4th Quarter Release Are You Looking Forward To The Most?
Page 1 of 1