Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez

Go down 
+5
Alan
ACRID"
Justice
T. Myers
Jason
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Empty
PostSubject: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 12:40 pm

This leaked a few days ago. It's a good album, about on par with Felt 2 (I didn't like the first Felt album), though stylistically different with Aesop Rock on production instead of Ant. Thoughts?

Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez 20091005-FELT3

1. protagonists
2. felt chewed up
3. get cake
4. bass for your truck
5. like you
6. permanent standby
7. kevin spacey
8. ghost dance deluxe
9. revisiting the styleetron
10. whaleface
11. glory burning
12. henrietta longbottom
13. she sonnet
14. felt good
15. deathmurdermayhem
16. the prize
17. g.i. josephine
18. the clap
19. we have you surrounded
20. give it up
21. paul reubens
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 1:16 pm

I haven't listened yet. 5th Element shipped mine a few days ago so i hope to have it soon.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 1:53 pm

Didn't really dig the production... Still need to spin it a few more times before I decide if it's worth purchasing.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 4:03 pm

I got my copy today. I'll be back later with thoughts
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 11:54 pm

After one spin, i'm really feeling this album. Aesop Rock's production worked better with both mc's than i expected.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 11:27 am

damn this is out already??......fuckin' sleeping.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 11:56 am

The street date is tomorrow, but i got my pre-order on Saturday. I'm still digging this album a lot.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 4:15 pm

Right, right...ill definitely pick it up tomorrow..
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:20 pm

Man, really disappointed with this album. I spun it 2 times through since buying it on Sunday. Not a one of these tracks sticks out IMO. Aesop's production is good if some other rappers were rapping over it, but it falls completely flat with Murs & Slug IMO. Can't say the idea of another listen is appealing either. I guess I'll stick with the first two...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:22 pm

Damn that bad Al? I still need to cop a Felt album...smh
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:30 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
Damn that bad Al? I still need to cop a Felt album...smh

The first one's decent, but I'd really only recommend the 2nd one with Ant behind the boards. He's the only one that's really made this duo shine IMO. And I know you'd like his funk and soul beats more than Aes Rock's...I'm pretty sure anyway. lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 10:07 pm

I haven't heard 3 yet, but I can co-sign Al's take on 2. That one is cool...even if one doesn't like Murs (like myself).
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 10:25 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
I haven't heard 3 yet, but I can co-sign Al's take on 2. That one is cool...even if one doesn't like Murs (like myself).

Yeah, that was a fun record. This new one just doesn't share that freewheeling vibe.

Where's all the people that dig F3? I thought I heard quite a bit of praise floating around...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 10:28 pm

Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

Yeah, that was a fun record. This new one just doesn't share that freewheeling vibe.

Where's all the people that dig F3? I thought I heard quite a bit of praise floating around...

I dig it quite a bit. The production is definitely different from the other Felt records, and it takes them in a different direction. That's not exactly a bad thig IMO. Slug and Ant is tried and true, but it's nice to hear him over someone elses production.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 11:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

I dig it quite a bit. The production is definitely different from the other Felt records, and it takes them in a different direction. That's not exactly a bad thig IMO. Slug and Ant is tried and true, but it's nice to hear him over someone elses production.

I'd agree if I dug the direction of the album. But I don't at all really. I'd like to here other producers for sure though.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 1:48 am

This is easily my favorite Felt. I think its the best thing Slug or Murs has done in years. As far as Ace's input, if you liked the vibe on None Shall Pass, you'll definitely be digging this.

It's nice to hear these two together and not being whiney emo pussies. Check out Murs' verse on track 2, where he morphs his flow into Aesop's. Good, consistent hip hop from start to finish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 1:53 am

Kid Joe wrote:
This is easily my favorite Felt. I think its the best thing Slug or Murs has done in years. As far as Ace's input, if you liked the vibe on None Shall Pass, you'll definitely be digging this.

It's nice to hear these two together and not being whiney emo pussies. Check out Murs' verse on track 2, where he morphs his flow into Aesop's. Good, consistent hip hop from start to finish.

Alan's exact problem with it^^^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 5:05 am

Just looking at the tracklisting makes me sleepy
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 8:48 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Damn, and you hate the new Ali too...what happened man? lol

This new Felt still sucks IMO. Can't even get through 1 listen.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 10:09 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Just looking at the tracklisting makes me sleepy

lol...likewise...

I still haven't peeped it yet. I'll address that right now...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 10:26 pm

This album is more about ripping the Mic than the other two. I mean, they never will be technicians, exactly. This showing is far more aggressive than I'd expected. And the production is anything but boring.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:38 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
This album is more about ripping the Mic than the other two. I mean, they never will be technicians, exactly. This showing is far more aggressive than I'd expected.

Exactly. These guys shine more in other areas...none of which are 'ripping the mic' unless you're talking old school Murs. Slug has never taken that route. This is watered down mic rippage. And Aesop's production is cold and lifeless.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009, 12:01 am

Cold and lifeless? Not hearing that at all. And both of these emcees are definitely more aggressive here than I've heard in years.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 5:32 pm

Anybody else come to like this album. I hold with everything I said here. 4.5 all day. Just a great listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez   Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez
Page 1 of 1