Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Jason
Esco
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 10:40 am

I judge rappers by the quality of their albums first and foremost, and it is his only solo album. And yes, in my opinion it is mediocre, his lyric writing ranges from about average to above average (the bulk of the material rests here) to maybe one or two flashes of something great. The musical feel of the album is lacking in my opinion, I think the production is second-rate, and his range as a rapper to deliver different kinds of material is somewhat strained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 12:31 am

Rugged Intellect, to be sure...I always forget about this dude and I'm not sure if I mentioned him previously, but check this out...

Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 7:01 am

Jelly Roll is white?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:31 am

Ha, not the Jelly Roll producer/singer/rapper from the west coast. This dude is from Nashville. He's 400 lbs, and he's not very popular.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 10:28 am

"Ha, not the Jelly Roll producer/singer/rapper from the west coast. This dude is from Nashville. He's 400 lbs, and he's not very popular."

LOL!! Oh ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 10:34 am

Yeah, apologize for any confusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 7:28 pm

Now if we're talking about an emcee's ability to create good albums, maybe your argument using your opinion of Eastern Philosophy might hold water. But since we're talking about the rappers themselves and their skills, you'd have to include his various mixtapes and appearances. His "range" over his career is actually quite good.

And the production on EP is second-rate? It's fine if it's not your thing, but its not second rate. With that comment, I'd have to say your musical taste, in my opinion, is severely lacking.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 7:56 pm

We're talking about who the second "nicest" white rapper is, and as I said, albums are the most important factor in that for me. I'm not disregarding mixtapes or appearances, but those don't make him second best when he can't deliver the true test in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?   Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is the SECOND nicest white rapper?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: