Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greastest Nominee Day 33

Go down 
+3
Shaun
T. Myers
D.Powell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither?
Top 50
100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
Top 100
100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Neither
100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:08 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:

We'll get to see just how underrated they are when they get talked about. I know Kev is a fan, but I don't know how he'll vote either. I'm sure there will be plenty of haters. I've been bumping a lot of AD lately.
Not sure how you can hate on them as a group. I won't be surprised if they don't get top 100 though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:11 pm

I doubt they will get top 100. I only own their debut, and it's a dope record. I just don't see enough people voting for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:14 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I doubt they will get top 100. I only own their debut, and it's a dope record. I just don't see enough people voting for them.

The whole catalog is smoking IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:

yeah, i should pick up some more, but something else i want always becomes available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:21 pm

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

yeah, i should pick up some more, but something else i want always becomes available.

"Since The Last Time" is my favorite. I think it's Kev's too.

Kev, when are they coming up? 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 82770
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:23 pm

I wouldn't call it smoking. Since The Last Time and their debut are really the only great things they have done. Heroes Of The Harvest was decent as well. Everything else was meh for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:30 pm

Cise Starr wrote:

I wouldn't call it smoking. Since The Last Time and their debut are really the only great things they have done. Heroes Of The Harvest was decent as well. Everything else was meh for me.

LOL - I'm trying not to reply for sake of saving the debate, but I'll say I disagree and say "Zingalamaduni" & "Among The Trees" are also 4 star albums IMO as well. "Unplugged" may be as well. I'd have to spin it again though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:39 pm

T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

LOL...I will keep them in mind but I doubt they make it. I am a fan of their singles and their debut and the latest album but that's about it. Speech lyrically should make the top 100.

Back to that King Tee and Masta Ace comparision thoughI think it's fair check this out. Both were slept on even in the golden era but dropped high quality albums. Both were part of great crews and co signed by great artist. I just think that the same praise and honor that pioneer east coast acts get the west pioneers should get that same due. If Melle Mel, Caz, Furious 4, Kool Moe Dee, Kurt Blow etc. are considered hip hop legends/greats than Too Short, Ice T, King Tee, Rodney O & Joe Cooley, WC, and others should get the same love.

Last edited by KRob86 on Fri 22 May 2009, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 3:51 pm

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

LOL...I will keep them in mind but I doubt they make it. I am a fan of their singles and their debut and the latest album but that's about it. Speech lyrically should make the top 100.

Back to that King Tee and Masta Ace comparision htoguh I think it's fair check this out. Both were slept on even in the golden era but droppe high quality albums. Both were part of great crews and co signed by great artist. I just think that the same prasie and honor that pioneer east coast acts get the west pioneers should get that same due. If Melle Mel, Caz, Furious 4, Kool Moe Dee, Kurt Blow etc. are considered hip hop lengends/greats than Too Short, Ice T, King Tee, Rodney O & Joe Cooley, WC, and others should get the same love.

Sadly, you are right Kev, AD won't make it. But it's more about the conversation and hearing people's thoughts to me anyway.

I hear what you're saying on the Ace vs. Tee. I just think sales/impact wise, more people know Ace and acknowledge Ace, while people ignore Tee because all his records are out of print, and he hasn't dropped anything substantial in a long time. That's why I have not checked them out. I'd give Ice-T a higher ranking than Ace though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 4:03 pm

Ace is in my Top 100. He's got a couple of classic albums under his belt.

The crazy thing is, he's the only guy in the Juice Crew that's still making hot music despite being the 3rd (some would even say 4th) best lyricist in the crew. That just goes to show you just how dope the Juice Crew really were. Ace is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 33   100 Greastest Nominee Day 33 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greastest Nominee Day 33
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: