Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated/Underrated Day 11

Go down 
+4
Funk Seoul Brother
Laced With Slang
D.Powell
T. Myers
8 posters

Overrated or Underrated
Overrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Vote_lcap56%Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 9 ]
Underrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Vote_lcap0%Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Accurate
Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Vote_lcap44%Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Empty
PostSubject: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 9:52 am

Common-Be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 10:22 am

I put accurate. I think most people see it as the dope addition, albeit different, to Common's catalog and I don't think a classic or close to classic rating is too crazy. That said I think plenty in the underground unfairly hate on it and many in the pop world unfairly try to call this Common's best work... but it balances out.

Last edited by Bunny Man on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 10:25 am

Yeah, i co-sign. It's probably overrated by the pop crowd, but underrated by the purists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 11:12 am

Damn near perfect sum up people, I agree. Accurate.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:02 pm

then call me the "pop' crowd because this shit is waaaaay overrated IMO..

Resurrection
Like Water For Chocolate
Finding Forever
One Day It'll All Make Sense

all rank over it in Common's catalog for me

it reminds me of Jay-Z's Blueprint where everyone has that one ranked so high but it's like 5th or 6th in Jay's catalog for me...hmm let's see

Reasonable Doubt
The Black Album
American Gangster
The Blueprint 3
In My Lifetime Vol 1

all rank above The Blueprint for me so Blueprint is number 6 for me....it contained Jay's biggest singles of his career on it but not his best music IMO....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
then call me the "pop' crowd because this shit is waaaaay overrated IMO..

Resurrection
Like Water For Chocolate
Finding Forever
One Day It'll All Make Sense

all rank over it in Common's catalog for me

it reminds me of Jay-Z's Blueprint where everyone has that one ranked so high but it's like 5th or 6th in Jay's catalog for me...hmm let's see

Reasonable Doubt
The Black Album
American Gangster
The Blueprint 3
In My Lifetime Vol 1

all rank above The Blueprint for me so Blueprint is number 6 for me....it contained Jay's biggest singles of his career on it but not his best music IMO....

affraid Evil or Very Mad Sad Embarassed scratch Overrated/Underrated Day 11 857452 Shaking My Head Overrated/Underrated Day 11 135641
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:45 pm

^ lmao cosign those smileys
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:46 pm

Electric Circus is the most underrated Common album
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 1:34 pm

SRP, the man who says some of the MOST outrageous shit ever seen in a forum...the world and the entire universe combined is questioning my shit???

LMAOOOOO!!! your joking right Pedro?? please tell me your hand slipped or something man...

Yeah I like Blueprint 3 and Finding Forever better than Blueprint for Jay and Be for Common...any other questions my dude?? THIS IS MY OPINION....just like your opinion that KRS-One is WACK... affraid affraid Overrated/Underrated Day 11 857452 Overrated/Underrated Day 11 857452
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 2:05 pm

Accurate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 2:25 pm

Definitely overrated. Some call this a classic, but it's about 4.25 stars at best IMO and Common's 4th best album.

Resurrection, Like Water For Chocolate, and One Day It'll All Make Sense are all easily better.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 6:01 pm

I'd say accurate. I played this album out when I first got it. The only song I don't like is Testify (that shit gets annoying). Short of a classic, but still a great album.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 11:02 pm

Overrated. Not even close to his best IMO.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 12:07 am

Much overrated, but still a very good LP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 3:13 am

D.Powell wrote:
SRP, the man who says some of the MOST outrageous shit ever seen in a forum...the world and the entire universe combined is questioning my shit???

LMAOOOOO!!! your joking right Pedro?? please tell me your hand slipped or something man...

Yeah I like Blueprint 3 and Finding Forever better than Blueprint for Jay and Be for Common...any other questions my dude?? THIS IS MY OPINION....just like your opinion that KRS-One is WACK... affraid affraid Overrated/Underrated Day 11 857452 Overrated/Underrated Day 11 857452

You think BP3 is better than the original Blueprint??? You my dogg Powell, but C'Mon Son, GTFOH!! Blueprint beats BP3 by 100 million football fields and 50 acres.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 11:59 am

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

You think BP3 is better than the original Blueprint??? You my dogg Powell, but C'Mon Son, GTFOH!! Blueprint beats BP3 by 100 million football fields and 50 acres.

I think BP3 is a better album man....I know this is shocking but obviously I'm really feeling BP3 and although I like Blueprint I don't think it's anywhere near Jay's best joint.....as I previously stated some of his biggest singles of his career came off that effort..but not his best music IMO

I like but am not overly crazy about Girls,Girls,Girls, Renegade (save for Em's verse which was crazy)..Izzo...Takeover(save for that SICK beat).....Hola Hovito.....U Don't Know (although his sales pitch in that joint is FIRE..lol)...Heart Of The City......Jigga That N*i*g*g*a.....etc..etc

Again these are all good songs in their own right but BP3 is on some mature, lyrical shit....and I don't even hate the beats either...it is a really solid effort from Jay and better than the original Blueprint...IN MY OPINION...so start spreading the news KJ...lol...somebody actually has the nerve and gall to think that BP3 is better than The Blueprint...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 12:32 pm

LOL I think Heart Of The City, Renegade, U Don't Know, and Girls Girls Girls are better than anything on BP3, and nothing on the Blueprint is as wack as Venus vs Mars, Young Forever, Hate, Off That, or Real As It Gets. Not to mention Run This Town is the most overrated song of the year.

You have the right to your opinion, but I strongly disagree. Blueprint is a classic and BP3 is a 3 star album IMO. I originally rated it 3.5, but after spinning it 3 times I haven't had the urge to spin it again save for A Star Is Born, Empire State Of Mind, and DOA.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 1:49 pm

Be is overrated, IMO. I was one of the people overrating it at first, but the replay value disappeared right along with the new album buzz...

I don't even spin it anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 2:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
LOL I think Heart Of The City, Renegade, U Don't Know, and Girls Girls Girls are better than anything on BP3, and nothing on the Blueprint is as wack as Venus vs Mars, Young Forever, Hate, Off That, or Real As It Gets. Not to mention Run This Town is the most overrated song of the year.

You have the right to your opinion, but I strongly disagree. Blueprint is a classic and BP3 is a 3 star album IMO. I originally rated it 3.5, but after spinning it 3 times I haven't had the urge to spin it again save for A Star Is Born, Empire State Of Mind, and DOA.

Yeah and you can add to those off Blueprint 3...What We Talkin About..Thank You....Real As It Gets...On To The Next One.....Venus vs. Mars (is not a bad song IMO)...Already Home....Reminder and So Ambitious...all of these songs are better than most of those on Blueprint IMO...are they much better?? not really as IMO both of these albums are more "pop"-oriented anyway..but again if I'm making my choice between the two then I'm rolling with BP3 man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 2:13 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Yeah and you can add to those off Blueprint 3...What We Talkin About..Thank You....Real As It Gets...On To The Next One.....Venus vs. Mars (is not a bad song IMO)...Already Home....Reminder and So Ambitious...all of these songs are better than most of those on Blueprint IMO...are they much better?? not really as IMO both of these albums are more "pop"-oriented anyway..but again if I'm making my choice between the two then I'm rolling with BP3 man!

I disagree with you entirely, but it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 11   Overrated/Underrated Day 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated/Underrated Day 11
Page 1 of 1