Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill

Go down 
+2
gametheory91
yOGi420™
6 posters
AuthorMessage

California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Empty
PostSubject: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 6:29 pm

First time in history, folks...This could actually be a major boon to Cali's tax problems and I've read that the Governator is actually quietly behind this bill because any and all steps need to be taken to get their deficit in check. Not a bad plan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 9:16 pm

This has been in the works for a while an d may finally be coming be voted on in our elections this year!!!! I can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 9:27 pm

Idk how this would work because if it was to be legalized in California, then that totally goes against the federal law. The federal laws are the "supreme law of the land."

The federal government already raids dispensaries in Cali for breaking the federal law even though it's legal by state laws...

Either way, I hope it gets legalized, at least somewhere. I wish Georgia would take note from Cali haha.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 9:38 pm

Obama has already called off the DEA from interfering with the states that have passed the medical marijuana laws, and once this goes through, maybe the fed gov will see how the taxes earned will greatly help the deficit problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 10:06 pm

I hope it passes all the way. Hopefully the rest of the country can follow suit. I've always thought legalization would get this country out of debt. It's no surprise that MJ is the number one cash crop in the country. Maybe the country isn't interested in legalization because it'll put a whole lot of cops out of work, and maybe, just maybe they'll actually be forced to work harder to catch real criminals. After all, there's nothing like catching fish in a barrel, and that's what the drug war is designed to do.

GO CALI!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 10:31 pm

"Either way, I hope it gets legalized, at least somewhere. I wish Georgia would take note from Cali haha."

GA is too conservative for that at least right now.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm

I don't smoke, so I really don't give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 11:17 pm

Or live in Cali? As a person in America politics affects you on a daily basis...so...yeah...
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 11:19 pm

....Still don't give 2 fucks...so yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 11:27 pm

Fair enough. Just seems odd cuz you're a huge PE fan?
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 11:29 pm

wut if it gets legalized and a grower offers you a great job link???? Still won't give a fuck???
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan 2010, 12:14 pm

This could help California tremendously..im from Cali and have all my family there....Dispensaries are popping up left and right around some areas...(all my siblings are card holders(cash rules....yup)-their trying to convince our mom cuz she has madd back problems..).

Damn...I love Cali.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan 2010, 12:28 pm

If it is legalized how will it be controlled from a capitalist standpoint? Do you have any idea how many people will be selling it or will only certain people be able to sell it? Will they have a wal mart for weed that over powers all the small weed dealers?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan 2010, 12:33 pm

Will they have a wal mart for weed that over powers all the small weed dealers?

Privately owned Dispensaries. Id have to fact-check the laws they abide by..but if you want just google something like California Marijuana Dispensaries
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan 2010, 7:53 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:

It doesn't matter if you smoke or not, Link.

Do you realize the type of revenue the government could be taking in if they taxed marijuana? It would be beneficial for the whole damn country. Do you not understand that? You should care.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan 2010, 9:05 pm

Alan wrote:

Do you realize the type of revenue the government could be taking in if they taxed marijuana? It would be beneficial for the whole damn country. Do you not understand that? You should care.

Were going to see what kind of revenue this pulls in?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Alan wrote:

What do you mean by see? They aren't going to send us checks for it. It would help pay off our country's debt is what it would do.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:42 am

Alan wrote:
TheHazardous wrote:
Alan wrote:

What do you mean by see? They aren't going to send us checks for it. It would help pay off our country's debt is what it would do.

I know I'm not going to get a personal check. You don't know what kind of loot it will bring for sure until you count it. If all goes well then the revenue stream will be attractive to other states. We should look at the potential of hemp products beyond its euphoric effects. I want to see what big companies will crop and will High Times get an increase in sells. I'm anxious to see the results. What are the unforeseen pitfalls and benefits?

Bottomline will the revenue be worth it or is this just a pipe dream (pardon the pun)?

And if weed isn't prosecuted like it used to be what effect will that have on future prisons and what will the prisonmakers try next? Prison are an industry and they'll get labor by hook or by ..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill   California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

California Moves Forward With Marijuana Legalization Bill
Page 1 of 1