Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk about this album #8

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Let's talk about this album #8 Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about this album #8   Let's talk about this album #8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 7:04 am

Lot's of recent talk about Minnesota hip hop lately so let's talk about one of my fav's from that region.

Brother Ali "Undisputed Truth"

Everyone's favorite from Ali seems to be "Shadows on the Sun" but Undisputed is nothing to sleep on either. Ali is a soulful brother. The emotion he spits with is what has always drawn me in. This album sits at a 4.25 for me with my favorite track being "Letter From the Gov.".

Thoughts on this album?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about this album #8   Let's talk about this album #8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 8:54 am

This is a dope album E. Taylor. I got it at 4.5 stars. Brother Ali does not make a bad album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about this album #8   Let's talk about this album #8 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 10:09 am

I like this one betta than SOTS so I am with you on that. Real honest and back to the basics type album, it's has a real throwback vibe to it without sounding old school. I agree Terry he never makes a bad album and Ant is a helluva producer. 4.25 or so mos def.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about this album #8   Let's talk about this album #8 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:46 am

Dope album for sure. I give it 4.5 stars.

My favorites are "Lookin' At Me Sideways", "Pedigree", "Daylight" (my favorite), "Take Me Home", "Walking Away" (perhaps the most gripping way to give the middle finger to your ex-wife), "Faheem", & "Ear To Ear".

Worst tracks IMO are the universal anthems "Truth Is", "Uncle Sam Goddamn" & "Listen Up", which is bogged down by a cheesy chorus.

Overall "Shadows on the Sun" is definitely better IMO. I give that one 5-stars easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about this album #8   Let's talk about this album #8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about this album #8
Page 1 of 1