Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?

Go down 
+8
TheHazardous
Norfeest
Half
3Kingz
Shaun
Justin Linker
T. Myers
Dang! Trotter
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Empty
PostSubject: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 5:18 pm

The internet is buzzing with this one. Lets see what the folks at HipHop4Life has to say. (sigh) I wish Steve was here.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 5:19 pm

I couldn't care less one way or another. I'm tired of hearing about this garbage.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 5:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I couldn't care less one way or another. I'm tired of hearing about this garbage.

Thousands of people dying is garbage to you?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 5:30 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Thousands of people dying is garbage to you?

It's happened before, and it will happen again. While i certainly feel sadness for those who have died or who have lost loved ones, ultimately life goes on. This story has been manipulated, bastardized, and skewed by almost everyone, and quite frankly almost everyone has an agenda with their involvement. It's sickening, and i really no longer care. I don't any more or any less feelings now than i did when the earthquake struck.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 5:39 pm

Fuck Steve. That piece is shit will not be joining us any longer.

But...natural disaster, manipulated, etc. doesn't matter. Fact is, it is a disaster and thousands of folks are dead. I really don't think the surviving people of Haiti give 2 shits what kind of disaster it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 5:54 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Fuck Steve. That piece is shit will not be joining us any longer.

Co-Sign! That guy was the anti-Christ.

As for the Earthquake in Haiti, I feel really bad about what happened to those poor people. I have Haitian friends who have family members in Haiti who were affected by it and my heart goes out to them.

I think that we should consider ourselves fortunate that despite the sub-par economy, we still have it better than any country in the world. countries like Haiti need us to support them in their time of need. I gave 20 bucks to a relief fund, and I pray that they are able to rebuild themselves as a nation.

People can say what they want, but just like 9/11, the Earthquake is something that will never be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 5:58 pm

Why do we need to support other countries in their time of need when there are plenty of things that money can be used for on the home front? Seriously? your charitable donation is admirable, but why do people feel obligated to help only when there is a tragedy? There are tragedies going all around us here, and no one seems to care. A large scale tragedy shouldn't be more important than 1,000 smaller ones here in our own counrty.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:05 pm

"Why do we need to support other countries in their time of need when there are plenty of things that money can be used for on the home front? Seriously? your charitable donation is admirable, but why do people feel obligated to help only when there is a tragedy? There are tragedies going all around us here, and no one seems to care. A large scale tragedy shouldn't be more important than 1,000 smaller ones here in our own counrty."

Co-sign.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:05 pm

I admit I never give money to relief funds. A lot of it get sqaundered. Like donating money to the parents of the Columbine victims? HUH? They prolly already had some good money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:30 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Why do we need to support other countries in their time of need when there are plenty of things that money can be used for on the home front? Seriously? your charitable donation is admirable, but why do people feel obligated to help only when there is a tragedy? There are tragedies going all around us here, and no one seems to care. A large scale tragedy shouldn't be more important than 1,000 smaller ones here in our own counrty.

Well I've given to canned food drives for almost 20 years. I agree that there are tragedies going on around us as we speak. However, if it weren't for America and the relief funds that we've set up, Haiti would not be able to overcome that earthquake because they don't have the funds or resources. The average person there lives 10 or more years LESS than the average American.

I care about the tragedies going on here as well, but some of them are certain people's own doing (i.e. people who abuse welfare despite being physically and mentally able to get their lazy asses up and go to work) Whereas a natural disaster is something that cannot be prevented.
Back to top Go down
3Kingz
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
3Kingz

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:33 pm

1) Who the fuck was Steve?

2) My problem with the donation process was after I had called/texted in my pledge they tried to gas me for more loot. I have major issues with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:37 pm

3Kingz wrote:
1) Who the fuck was Steve?

2) My problem with the donation process was after I had called/texted in my pledge they tried to gas me for more loot. I have major issues with that.

1) Steve was that guy named Soul Seeker in the Amazon forums, he's complete assclown. If you still don't know who I'm talking about then you're better off that way, lol.

2) They tried to do the same to me but I only gave them 20, after all a bunny got bills.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 8:51 pm

Hey trotter are you Hugo Chavez?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:

I understand where you are going with that arguement but lets not generalize everything so easy. What happened in Hati trumps the "1,000" smaller ones you mentioned. They were already a poor country that has no real resources to build a strong economy. Here we are over here with all these toys and gadgets and superficial bullshit and we should'nt want to help? Bullshit. When you are a power you have certain duties to those lesser than you.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:28 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I understand where you are going with that arguement but lets not generalize everything so easy. What happened in Hati trumps the "1,000" smaller ones you mentioned. They were already a poor country that has no real resources to build a strong economy. Here we are over here with all these toys and gadgets and superficial bullshit and we should'nt want to help? Bullshit. When you are a power you have certain duties to those lesser than you.

Co-Sign.

Last edited by Kopasetick on Tue 02 Feb 2010, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:28 pm

KRob86 wrote:

My sentiments exactly!!!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:32 pm

Word
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:33 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Word
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:35 pm

Drow
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:50 pm

My thoughts are this relief will not address the real problems of Haiti which made it susceptible to this catastrophic failure. Voodoo. There I said it.

No for real, the lack of infrastructure is what made it so much more devastating. When all the relief funds end Haiti will still been in the toilet with predators fighting for control of the scraps. Until this issue is resolved I have little hope Haiti.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 10:05 pm

Sentence.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 10:10 pm

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I personally don't give two shits about "their" problem. We do have a ton of shit we don't need. Why does that surplus mean we have to help the haitians? Why can't people sacrifice in the name of helping people here? When we have all of our problems fixed here. We can address theirs. We shouldn't have kids going hungry in our country so haitians can get assistance. It's as simple as that, and all of this posturing is self serving. If you want to throw your money away in an effort to cleanse your conscience, that's your right, but i choose to use my money and resources for causes that really make a difference to me and my country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:16 pm

"We do have a ton of shit we don't need. Why does that surplus mean we have to help the haitians?"

Did you really just ask that...and you listen to hip hop? Which is the ultimate hey I have nothing you have everything so break bread music. I am not saying we should empty our bank accounts and donate to all the poor people in the world, nor am I saying if you are wealthy/rich should you either. But if your ass was in their situation and sitting in the fucking street with dead people all around you with no way out you would hope someone donates food, clothes, or shelter to you and yours.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:26 pm

How much more could that Nation take? Haiti has always been the world's punchline. This was the last thing that they needed.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:28 pm

Once again, that is their problem. We have plenty of problems here that can be fixed. This is my country. This is where i want my efforts felt. This is where i want to make a difference. We are always the first to help everyone else, but yet we can't help ourself? Sorry if people get offended, but my money and time is best served elsewhere.

Oh, you can kill that break bread shit cause i can guarantee i do more than most on here to better my community. That shit ain't gonna fly with me. People see a phone number where they can give a few bucks and they think they've made a difference. That shit is laughable. Clean up your back yard before you worry about others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:53 pm

Terry you can take that my country bullshit and shove it up your bars and stripes azz. I am not talking about us donating to feed the children on a daily basis or 100 people being killed by a suicide bomber I am talking about a dieaster on a major scale that cannot be ignored. I'm talking about a whole fucking country being turned inside out.

Did Katrina bother you?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:59 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Terry you can take that my country bullshit and shove it up your bars and stripes azz. I am not talking about us donating to feed the children on a daily basis or 100 people being killed by a suicide bomber I am talking about a dieaster on a major scale that cannot be ignored. I'm talking about a whole fucking country being turned inside out.

Did Katrina bother you?

Katrina most definitely bothered me. However, Haiti is not my problem. Is it sad? Yes! Does my heart go out to them? Yes! Not my problem though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 12:03 am

T. Myers wrote:

Oh, you can kill that break bread shit cause i can guarantee i do more than most on here to better my community. That shit ain't gonna fly with me. People see a phone number where they can give a few bucks and they think they've made a difference. That shit is laughable.

Those few bucks from a few million people go A LONG WAY!!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 12:09 am

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Oh, you can kill that break bread shit cause i can guarantee i do more than most on here to better my community. That shit ain't gonna fly with me. People see a phone number where they can give a few bucks and they think they've made a difference. That shit is laughable.

No, it doesn't. If you trust that garbage that's on you, but do some research about organizations like that screwing over the intended recepients.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 12:50 am

Alright instead of naysaying, what do you suggest those who do want to help the people Haiti do?

When Katrina hit us a lot of people around the world wished to render aid but our President declined. Goodwill does go somewhere and it can come back to you.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 3:27 am

Kendrick Davis wrote:
Hey trotter are you Hugo Chavez?

I wish. If I were I'd be banging some hot Venezuelan chick right now
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 3:41 am

TheHazardous wrote:
My thoughts are this relief will not address the real problems of Haiti which made it susceptible to this catastrophic failure. Voodoo. There I said it.

No for real, the lack of infrastructure is what made it so much more devastating. When all the relief funds end Haiti will still been in the toilet with predators fighting for control of the scraps. Until this issue is resolved I have little hope Haiti.

Vodoo? You think religion had something to do with this? Haiti,the land before Black slaves got there there were Indian type people that were wiped out during colonialism. Haitians are no more than displaced Africans. The powers that be been trying to hog-tie Haiti ever since it got its independence. Also Aristide, a twice democratic elected president of Haiti, is a an ordained Catholic priest. Haiti is catholic. Yeah, theres some vodoo going on but research all the fucking witchcraft and vampirism going on in America and Europe. Not the mention America believe itself as God.

DAAAM, I'm I the only one here that actually read books?
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 5:58 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
DAAAM, I'm I the only one here that actually read books?

Haha, I used to... maybe again some day. In fact I have saved a couple of your recommendations from Amazon days to look into at some stage or another D.

Speaking of religion, how's those Christian mofo's trying to take kids out of the country... I bet they were gonna try sell them back to Americans.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 9:30 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Alright instead of naysaying, what do you suggest those who do want to help the people Haiti do?

When Katrina hit us a lot of people around the world wished to render aid but our President declined. Goodwill does go somewhere and it can come back to you.

If you're determined to help in this relief effort, the best thing to do is look into local organizations who are helping. Try to get involved with them. The best place to start would be local churches. I'm not 100% sure, but i think Catholicism is fairly prominent in Haiti. Those may be the best churches to look into first since they may have connections in Haiti. You should be able to donate time, money, and/or goods. After that, you can call city hall, local fire departments, police departments, schools, and stuff like that. They may have fundraising drives you can participate in.

As far as Katrina goes, there were options open for you people to give aid dispite Bush's ignorance/careless attitude. For me persoanlly, we had local volunteer firefighters who made a few trips to New Orleans. So we held fundraisers where i worked. We were able to gather money, bottled water, dry and canned food, clothes(t-shirts, socks, underwear), hand sanitizer, deodorant, etc.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 10:00 am

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

No, it doesn't. If you trust that garbage that's on you, but do some research about organizations like that screwing over the intended recepients.

Oh, I have done my research. I wouldn't give my money to a non-established organization. Before I donated, I made sure that the group was legit. To those that ARE legit though, the money does go a long way. Hell, if every person in this country gave just 1 dollar to a legit relief fund, that'd be 300 million dollars for Haiti, which would be tremendous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 10:06 am

Red Cross is pretty trust worthy but all these organizations could be shady for all we know. Unless you have the resoures to travel personally to these areas its a chance you take. But a chance is betta than nothing at all imo.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 10:10 am

KRob86 wrote:
Red Cross is pretty trust worthy but all these organizations could be shady for all we know. Unless you have the resoures to travel personally to these areas its a chance you take. But a chance is betta than nothing at all imo.

I completely agree with you there. What happens with the money is out of your hands, but at the end of the day, your heart was in the right place.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 3:43 pm

I lived in Biloxi, MS when Katrina hit. Had to relocate to Montgomery, AL because the Air Force base we lived on was no longer habitable. I did drive back to MS and help relief/rebuilding efforts with my own two hands. Usually, if I can, that's how I'd do it. If I could, I'd be on the first thing smoking to go help in Haiti too...

Voodoo is of African descent (as well as several other religions). If colonizers didn't force their religion on your ancestors or kill off the ancestors that rejected christianity, chances are good that you'd be practicing it too, black people...

Terry, I get what you're saying, but it's pretty cold. There are babies laying in the street over there. It's hard to believe that your heart goes out if you're okay with a child sleeping on gravel in a half assed tent until their parents can get shit together...assuming they're alive, of course. I could give a shit about what adults choose to do, but the babies are always innocent. They need protection from all dangers until they can fend for themselves.

How would that outlook of yours change if the shoe were on the other foot and you were living in the remains of a building after a natural disaster crumbled your entire country? It's easy to say what one could, should, or would do when our kids are safe and warm. Let one of your kids get buried in tons of rubble and see how you react when you don't have so much as a bobcat to get him or her out. Your scope will widen, I guarantee it.

This country is full of itself. We claim most powerful, most affluent, most everything...problem is, we can only make those claims because of the free labor it took to get us (?) here. We (?) still benefit from it to this very day, so let the people that want to help go out and help. It's the least the U.S. could do. If local atrocities bother you, find the nearest native american and give him your land. It's a great way to start putting your money where your mouth is...

Our backyard is dirty, yes, but we (well, y'all) are too lazy to clean it up. That's how those people wound up in Haiti in the first place, remember?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 4:12 pm

Preach Norf preach! I cosign that whole post! I was going to mention something about the Voodoo thing but you summed up what I was going touch on.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 4:30 pm

Indeed. As a matter of fact, the particular type of voodo practiced in Haiti is a mix of african voodoo and catholic religion. It happened that way because they were forced to take catholicism but didn't want to let go of their own practices. What you see today is a blending of the two because of colonizers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 5:53 pm

Of course and Voodoo was villified by whites because they did not understand it. Also they had to strip the slaves of anything reminded them of where they are from or who they are. Blacks not knowing any betta of course listened and payed attention to the negetive images and writings on the religion. But it is one of the oldest religions around, it predates christianity.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 6:17 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Oh, I have done my research. I wouldn't give my money to a non-established organization. Before I donated, I made sure that the group was legit. To those that ARE legit though, the money does go a long way. Hell, if every person in this country gave just 1 dollar to a legit relief fund, that'd be 300 million dollars for Haiti, which would be tremendous.

I can't agree with this. To me, no matter how established an organization is, I believe it's still a fraud. It's a suspision that has sat on my shoulder since as long as I can remember. The only donation I would ever consider supporting financially IS the Red Cross and ONLY the Red Cross (although I'm iffy on that). Other than that, I wouldn't trust anything elsewhere.

Before I would donate money to "relief efforts", I'd much rather make sure that my money went to what I paid for...even if that means physically doing work myself.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 6:46 pm

when you donate to the Red Cross all you're doing is donating to the organization itself, where your money may never see the light of day in Haiti, the Red Cross donates a certain amount but if you want your specific donation to go right to Haiti i would look somewhere else

if you dont believe me fine, but its a fact.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 7:16 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Of course and Voodoo was villified by whites because they did not understand it. Also they had to strip the slaves of anything reminded them of where they are from or who they are. Blacks not knowing any betta of course listened and payed attention to the negetive images and writings on the religion. But it is one of the oldest religions around, it predates christianity.

True. Instead of "whites", I'd say christians, though (for PC purposes lol). The Pagans got the same treatment with their symbols and meanings. Now anything Pagan that wasn't assimilated is viewed as bad, and the stuff that was assimilated has all Pagan connotation removed...like X-mas (a pagan holiday)...

Holidays in general were only celebrated by evil people if you read the bible. Nowhere in there does it promote celebrating anything but Jesus death/ressurection.

They're the biggest mob in the world and they used terrorism and destruction to get to that point.

But I digress... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 10:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:

America is the Captian save a hoe of the world. The government made that choice back in World War 1 to take that role.

I'd hate to say it but taking care of others before you take care of yourself is the American way.

Regarding whether the earthquake was planned or not...well, I think it's bullshit. On the other hand the Dominican Republic didn't experience it, and they are on the same island. Now that does make me wonder how they missed the earthquake and Haiti didn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeWed 03 Feb 2010, 11:19 pm

I can't see how a natural disaster can be planned. Man has absolutely no control over shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 1:21 am

You took the words right out of my mouth, KJ.

No homo?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 3:47 am

"Our backyard is dirty, yes, but we (well, y'all) are too lazy to clean it up. That's how those people wound up in Haiti in the first place, remember?"

I must remind myself that my African ancestors could of been on that boat headed for Haiti and not America. America doesn't even address its problems. This country is too hipocritical.
I said it before how can a rich drug lord who murders people and start wars criticize a man who collects aluminum cans for a living. But America is that drug lord who pretends not to be yet criticizes other drug lords. America relies on a lot of cheap labor overseas too. Who do you think built your X-Box 360.

My 2 cents: I think,no, believe HAARP caused that the evidence is too overwhelming. Why Haiti? Well, why not? If people knew the conflict with Haiti and the western powers. This is too much of a coincidence. The earth quake didn't even touch the DR. The odds of this catastrophe happening to a turmoiled country with no history of Earth quakes even made PRATT Robertson say they were cursed by God.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 3:52 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
when you donate to the Red Cross all you're doing is donating to the organization itself, where your money may never see the light of day in Haiti, the Red Cross donates a certain amount but if you want your specific donation to go right to Haiti i would look somewhere else

if you dont believe me fine, but its a fact.

Ive heard Red Cross are straight crooks by the books. The people behind the cross are wearing rolexes. But Ive heard Salvation Army was the only honest operation helping people.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 3:58 am

"America is the Captian save a hoe of the world. The government made that choice back in World War 1 to take that role."

America picks and chooses who it wants to save. But there's a lot of kick back in it for us. And we didn't help anyone in WW1. We made money off selling countries at war weapons. We then showed up at the last moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?   Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was the earthquake in Haiti a natural disaster or a manipulated one?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next