Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ATTN: T MYERS!

Go down 
+3
Alan
T. Myers
Shaun
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:39 pm

Geo is booboo. That's what it boils down to.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:43 pm

Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:
Alan wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Except for the fact that they're boring, and Geo is about as engaging as a left tackle with no arms.

smh...Geo is far more interesting than about 75% of the rappers y'all big up.
Cheers

Seriously though. I get tired of the same old east coast boom bap throwbacks that get praise around here. Geologic writes and delivers far more interesting lyrics than a lot of these pansies. I don't care if his flow isn't jaw dropping. Talent can be delivered in multiple ways.

Once again, Cheers

Al, you're a good man (no homo).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 12:07 am

Alan's post is contradictory. You can't find fault with east coast boom bap throwbacks and praise Blue Scholars in the same fucking sentence. They're one in the same.

That said, I mock Tran's love for Blue Scholars, but at least he likes different shit and isn't afraid to stand up for it. Geologic is boring as fuck, though.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:32 am

Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:
Alan wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Except for the fact that they're boring, and Geo is about as engaging as a left tackle with no arms.

Cheers

Seriously though. I get tired of the same old east coast boom bap throwbacks that get praise around here. Geologic writes and delivers far more interesting lyrics than a lot of these pansies. I don't care if his flow isn't jaw dropping. Talent can be delivered in multiple ways.

That's where I find an absence of logic. So a rapper can have a wack (or, in this particular case, nonexistent) flow and you can still get with it? That just seems strange to me. Diff'rent strokes, I guess...

I typically go for total package emcees. Sure, not everyone is going to be a lyrical acrobat, but damn if I pay for an album I can make on my own. I'm a better rapper than Geologic...and I don't rap. There's a reason why Common Market is better than Blue Scholars (IMO). Ra Scion is that reason.

This is coming from someone that digs some of their work, by the way...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:36 am

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:
Alan wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Cheers

That's where I find an absence of logic. So a rapper can have a wack (or, in this particular case, nonexistent) flow and you can still get with it? That just seems strange to me. Diff'rent strokes, I guess...

I typically go for total package emcees. Sure, not everyone is going to be a lyrical acrobat, but damn if I pay for an album I can make on my own. I'm a better rapper than Geologic...and I don't rap. There's a reason why Common Market is better than Blue Scholars (IMO). Ra Scion is that reason.

Damn I wish I had one of KJ's GTFOH pictures. Norf, you dig Blue Scholars first album. Hell you even bought it!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:39 am

"Damn I wish I had one of KJ's GTFOH pictures. Norf, you dig Blue Scholars first album. Hell you even bought it!"

Which is why he said....

"This is coming from someone that digs some of their work, by the way..."
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:41 am

"but damn if I pay for an album I can make on my own."
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:47 am

Ok...and that simply must mean I'm referring to their debut, huh?

lol... Shaking My Head

And Modern Fix sent it to me for review. I didn't pay for it. Check those old reviews, homie.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:54 am

"As far as the rhymes, Geologic is just as tight on the rhymes as Sabzi is on the beats. He rhymes with a purpose.....a tatic that's slowly becoming exstinct in rap music. It's as perfect a blend of rhymes and beats as you're going to find."

^^^from your review. So I'm guessing you could have done better?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:58 am

Oh and I gotta add this too:

"I'd highly recommend buying this. If you come across this album in a store, snatch it up. Don't even think about it, just get it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:02 am

This is just getting creepy...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:08 am

Tran...what's your point? You're centering my take on Blue Scholars on one album. ONE album.

How many albums and EPs do they have out right now, dude?

It's no secret that I dig their first album. So, again, what's your point?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:17 am

Saying statements like "I'm a better rapper than Geologic...and I don't rap." makes it seem like he's wack to you, which is crazy to me consider you love at least one of his album, and you even praise him saying he's tight on the rhymes. So dude obviously has skills to you.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:20 am

Tran...you're missing the obvious. lol

The obvious being that I dig that album. Show me the Bayani review (there isn't one...for a reason). And how old is that album? We're talking, what, 5 years? Dude is not getting better with age. You make it sound like I said "I'm a better rapper than he's ever been" when I didn't.

He's been less than average over his last couple joints. I feel like I can do better. Which is why I haven't paid for anything he or his group have released.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:27 am

Well different strokes for different folks I guess, because I honestly think he's getting better.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 8:31 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:
Alan wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Cheers

Norf, I see you highlighted one part of my statement. The "absence of logic" is summed up by the other sentences around the one you highlighted. lol

I like Geologic quite a bit more than RA Scion. Reason? Lyrics, and the ability to connect with the listener better. I feel his lyrics far more. To be honest, I don't feel RA's lyrics that much. Which is why I bump Blue Scholars like 10X more.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 8:31 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
"As far as the rhymes, Geologic is just as tight on the rhymes as Sabzi is on the beats. He rhymes with a purpose.....a tatic that's slowly becoming exstinct in rap music. It's as perfect a blend of rhymes and beats as you're going to find."

^^^from your review. So I'm guessing you could have done better?

lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 8:33 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
Well different strokes for different folks I guess, because I honestly think he's getting better.

Same here. I like Bayani more, and have since I bought it.

And for the record, I don't see how anyone could possible say he's gotten worse or better. Consistent is the key word that comes to mind when I think of Geo's rapping career.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 9:02 pm

Don't encourage Tran...unless he starts making sense... lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 9:03 pm

Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

And for the record, I don't see how anyone could possible say he's gotten worse or better. Consistent is the key word that comes to mind when I think of Geo's rapping career.

I hear it. Dude simply isn't as engaging as he once was. I don't kinow if he's believing his own hype or what, but something is missing that was present on their debut.

My guess? Hunger...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 9:12 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:
Flyte Tyme wrote:

I hear it. Dude simply isn't as engaging as he once was. I don't kinow if he's believing his own hype or what, but something is missing that was present on their debut.

My guess? Hunger...

Well, I have a different take...

Unlike you, I wrote a (5 star) review for Bayani, and did not write a review for the debut. In fact, I even like The Long March EP more than their debut...by a decent margin.

Why? Sabzi. His beats have gotten better, and ultimately, I feel their chemistry is tighter. Their debut (which I do like very much) had a more ordinary sound. Their new stuff is more unique and gripping IMO. But as previously stated, I don't feel Geologic has gotten any better, or worse. Actually, come to think of it, I might say he's lyrically tightest on some select tracks on The Long March EP. I haven't heard OOF! though. I know you don't like that one, but I may need to check it out considering our opinions on the duo seem to be polar opposites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: T MYERS!   ATTN: T MYERS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTN: T MYERS!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2