Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???

Go down 
+5
TheHazardous
Norfeest
Dang! Trotter
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Empty
PostSubject: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:54 am

Quote :
Multiple sources have confirmed to me that Shyne Po has signed a 7-figure deal with Def Jam.

This ends a bidding war that had industry bigwigs vying for Shyne’s attention, flying to Belize, calling and courting, ever since the Brooklyn emcee was released from prison and deported to Belize back in October.

For Shyne to turn down hard-court pressure from Jimmy Iovine/Dr.Dre and others and instead join LA Reid back at his last known recording-residence actually seems like an inevitable move….because I’ve been hearing that Shyne has been pow-wowing with veteran manager Kyambo “HipHop” Joshua for a while now. Joshua and his HipHopSince1978 partners, Gee Roberson, also manage Lil Wayne, Drake, Young Jeezy and more. Meanwhile, my old friend Al Branch is both a partner in HipHopSince1978 and a high-level exec at Def Jam…see how that works? Synergy! Now there have been recent reports of new label-wide pressures, but with this team in place, Shyne is in good hands.

there was some wack Khaled song released a few days ago with a Shyne verse and he sounded terrible so i dont know how i feel about this...the track got cut from Khaled's album
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 3:03 am

I didnt know he was released from prison yet lol. I liked his album (first album, havent heard the second) alot. Was his verse really that horrid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 3:12 am

you can judge for yourself

if he fixes his voice he can redeem himself, it sounds like he smoked 20 packs a day for the last 10 years
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 10:49 am

Damn he does sound awful. Truthfully, the only song I ever really liked from him was his first ever single. That said, he should have hooked up with Dre instead. He would have masked Shyne's shortcomings with his beats. Not sure if his production team at Def Jam can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 12:27 pm

Fuck Shyne. He was never anything special to begin with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 12:46 pm

Godfather Buried Alive is better than his first album and not bad. That said, I don't think he was ever worth 7 figures the first time he was signed.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:06 pm

Its a debacle like when ODB signed to ROC on release. Man, they are literally running out of niggaz to sign
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:12 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Damn he does sound awful. Truthfully, the only song I ever really liked from him was his first ever single. That said, he should have hooked up with Dre instead. He would have masked Shyne's shortcomings with his beats. Not sure if his production team at Def Jam can.

Maybe...but his album would've never seen the light of day. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:16 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Its a debacle like when ODB signed to ROC on release. Man, they are literally running out of niggaz to sign

Yeah...ODB to the ROC was never a good look. Mase to G-Unit. J-Kwon to anyone. Some folks just don't think about it first...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:17 pm

That song is fucking awful. He sounds like a asthmatic 50 cent. Pityful.. No
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:26 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
you can judge for yourself

if he fixes his voice he can redeem himself, it sounds like he smoked 20 packs a day for the last 10 years

Awful song in general.

I know that sample (recognized immediately), but the name isn't coming to me. Someone help me out...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 10:17 pm

WTF4!!!

When is the last time he did something worthy of note?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 11:37 am

Kopasetick wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:

Yeah...ODB to the ROC was never a good look. Mase to G-Unit. J-Kwon to anyone. Some folks just don't think about it first...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 10:01 pm

Never even heard of the dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010, 10:42 pm

Alan wrote:
Never even heard of the dude.

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam???   What does everyone think of Shyne signing a 7 figure deal with Def Jam??? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 12:37 am

You never heard this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BeTqapowAU