Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:

Go down 
+3
Justin Linker
ACRID"
Laced With Slang
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Empty
PostSubject: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 12:11 am

Okay, let's do a track by track breakdown here folks...

1. Dr. West (Intro): It's an intro so N/A, but it's a dope ass intro and it definitely sets the tone well for the album.

2. 3am: Em starts the album off on a crazy tone here, his lyricism is amazing with multis, internals, all going crazy here. This accent fits the new Slim Shady well and once you get over the fact the accent is here to stay it really grows on you. One of the top tracks on this album 4.5/5

3. My Mom: Pretty much the consensus weak song on this album, weak chorus and weakest beat on the record. The subject matter is a little repetitive, but Em's trademark rhyme skills are still apparent here 3/5

4. Insane: Dope ass beat and Em rips the track, the subject matter is fucked up but that's classic Slim Shady 4/5

5. Bagpipes From Baghdad: Innovate beat just like the accordion in Square Dance (track 5) off Eminem Show. I love how Em keeps on riding on Mariah and Nick Cannon, I find it pretty funny 4/5

6. Hello: Dope ass beat with some scratching thrown in, Dre definitely stepping up his game here. A simple song but it works well and is another one of my favorites 4.25/5

7. Tonya (Skit): Sets the tone perfectly for the next song...

8. Same Song & Dance: I LOVE this beat, man, it might not be everybody's favorite but this beat might fit the track better than any beat Em has ever rapped over, it's haunting and eerie while at the same the subject matter is on some dope ass Psycho Slim Shady 5/5

9. We Made You: Real Slim Shady, Without You, Just Lose It, etc. It's his goofy first single, he ALWAYS does this, and this is no exception. Very dope and it continues his trend of eviscerating all the hot trends and "in" people 4/5

10. Medicine Ball: Probably the hardest beat on this album, and Em is coming hard himself on the track. Great lyrical display here and hilarious Christopher Reeves (RIP) verse on here 5/5

11. Paul (Skit): Gets the job done...

12: Stay Wide Awake: Top 3 track here, and a great non-traditional Dre beat that is memorable and haunting all at the same time 5/5

13. Old Time's Sake: This track has grown on me, kinda boring beat but Em and Dre continue their great chemistry on wax 3/75/5

14. Must be the Ganja: If you can get past the goofy intro this is a pretty dope track too, and the bass hits hella hard in the ride 3.5/5

15. Mr. Mathers (Skit): Sets up the last portion of the album perfectly...

16. Deja Vu: Classic Em reminiscing on where he has been since Encore, and he's brutally honest about himself and his ups and down, great, great track 4.75/5

17. Beautiful: My favorite track, some say it sounds too engineered but this is just Em being real man, probably song of the year so far 5/5

18. Crack a Bottle: A DOPE anthem track, brings you right back after Deja Vu and Beautiful, while dope can be downers. This is the adderall to Beautiful and Deja Vu's Valium. Dre comes correct and 50 steals the show with his dope ass verse on this track 4.5/5

19. Steve Berman (Skit): Gets us ready for the last track...

20. Underground/Ken Kaniff: This is some classic crazy Slim Shady mic ripping a la Criminal (track 18) off of MMLP. Eminem just goes off on the beat here. Classic Ken Kaniff skit re-doing We Made You. 4.75/5

Aside from a couple of misses (for this albums great standard) this is an amazing album, best album of 2009, and an instant classic. 5/5 stars no question.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 1:51 am

i agree with most of your song rankings, id give Underground 5/5 easily IMO

and the album overall more like a 4.5
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 8:45 am

LMAO, ahh, did i hurt your feelings??...you really wont let this shit go, huh Steve?? I never bombed this album- I just graded it a 'C'.

A peronal opinion, if i may....his formula of releasing the most absurd,goofy track off the album as his 1st single....Yeah, doesnt work for me, never has-a deterent if you will....if he switched it up, and released the illest track off that shit-i'd probably want to pay more attention...

'Crack a Bottle', DOPE,huh? Whatever yo......
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 11:33 am

I like this album alot. But I'd give it a 4/5. Definitely no where near classic rank, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 11:49 am

I'm interested in those who rank it lower, what song ratings of mine would you change?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 12:11 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i agree with most of your song rankings, id give Underground 5/5 easily IMO

and the album overall more like a 4.5

I co-sign what you said about Underground, the album to me is a 4.25 and the 3rd best album of the year thus far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 12:13 pm

Steve wrote:
I'm interested in those who rank it lower, what song ratings of mine would you change?

We Made You is 3/5 to me, it's the 2nd weakest track on the album IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 2:16 pm

acrid.one wrote:
LMAO, ahh, did i hurt your feelings??...you really wont let this shit go, huh Steve?? I never bombed this album- I just graded it a 'C'.

A peronal opinion, if i may....his formula of releasing the most absurd,goofy track off the album as his 1st single....Yeah, doesnt work for me, never has-a deterent if you will....if he switched it up, and released the illest track off that shit-i'd probably want to pay more attention...

'Crack a Bottle', DOPE,huh? Whatever yo......

lol. How does a classic album only have 4 classic tracks on it. Minus the 5 skits, he only gave 4 of the 15 tracks on the rest of the album 5 stars yet his final overall rating for the album is 5 out of 5. Not a math major.

Relapse = 3.5 stars out of 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 3:57 pm

no album ever has been all 5/5 tracks, not a single one.

oh yeah, vernon, kill yourself.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 5:54 pm

Steve wrote:
no album ever has been all 5/5 tracks, not a single one.

This is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 5:57 pm

Cise Starr wrote:

This is true.

I beg to differ. Illmatic, 36 Chambers, The Main Ingredient, Criminal Minded, By All Means Necessary, It Takes a Nation of Millions, Resurrection, Moment Of Truth, Hard To Earn, The Infamous, Liquid Swords, OBFCL. Whether its true or not no album can be completey perfect, One thing is for sure they certainly have more than 4 classic tracks on them.. It's pretty much a joke to give Relapse a perfect 5 star hip hop classic rating which is why only 1 person on a site of 50 did so. Theres other ways to prove your Eminems biggest fan than overrating his albums. I wouldnt even put Relapse in the top 2 or 3 of Eminems own collection.

Last edited by MarcoPolo on Sun 31 May 2009, 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 6:59 pm

cosign, marco
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 7:30 pm

lol, vernon, none of those albums are PERFECT and they all have their fair share of tracks that aren't "5 star" tracks, it's called objectively rating them, but as a whole, they are a classic. I could care less if anybody agrees with me, you and zombie boy can agree all you want...I also have to remember you're vernon, I keep forgetting that and respond to you as a real person.

I could ask you your favorite 3 tracks and your least favorite 3 tracks off all those albums, and you would wiki with the quickness, since you've never actually heard them.

actually, let's do that. we'll keep it to just your 3 least favorite tracks on those albums. because you've never heard them and you're a joke.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 7:44 pm

'zombie boy'

..funny

A main component of 'being deemed classic' to me is, 'unskippable material', the ability to listen to it in its entirety w/o skipping a track-

...for instance, a PERSONAL classic is Bone's East 1999-

Last edited by acrid.one on Sun 31 May 2009, 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 7:47 pm

relapse is unskippable to me.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 7:49 pm

there you go, settled. Relapse is a personal classic. Enjoy watching him tonite....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:36 am

acrid.one wrote:
Enjoy watching him tonite....

lol Yeah, front row seats.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 2:04 pm

Ha, I actually really liked My Mom. The only thing that got me thinking was that Christopher Reeves verse. I like Medicine Ball a lot, but what if someone made a song like that about Proof, Em would go apeshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 2:24 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:
I wouldnt even put Relapse in the top 2 or 3 of Eminems own collection.

And it definitely ain't fucking with Tanya Morgan's new album.

Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: 244
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 2:37 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:

I beg to differ. Illmatic, 36 Chambers, The Main Ingredient, Criminal Minded, By All Means Necessary, It Takes a Nation of Millions, Resurrection, Moment Of Truth, Hard To Earn, The Infamous, Liquid Swords, OBFCL. Whether its true or not no album can be completey perfect, One thing is for sure they certainly have more than 4 classic tracks on them.
I don't have either BDP albums and Liquid Swords. I lost them when my computer crashed and haven't gotten them back.
Those albums you listed don't have ALL 5 star tracks on them. They have mostly 5 star tracks but also a few 4 star tracks. I've never come across a album with only 5 star tracks. That being said, it doesn't take anything away from the greatness of the respective albums. I haven't come across a perfect album yet but several come pretty close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 2:46 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
MarcoPolo wrote:

I beg to differ. Illmatic, 36 Chambers, The Main Ingredient, Criminal Minded, By All Means Necessary, It Takes a Nation of Millions, Resurrection, Moment Of Truth, Hard To Earn, The Infamous, Liquid Swords, OBFCL. Whether its true or not no album can be completey perfect, One thing is for sure they certainly have more than 4 classic tracks on them.
I don't have either BDP albums and Liquid Swords. I lost them when my computer crashed and haven't gotten them back.
Those albums you listed don't have ALL 5 star tracks on them. They have mostly 5 star tracks but also a few 4 star tracks. I've never come across a album with only 5 star tracks. That being said, it doesn't take anything away from the greatness of the respective albums. I haven't come across a perfect album yet but several come pretty close.

To each their own. But I'd say at least "Illmatic" & "By All Means Necessary" are 100% gold all the way through.

At least 5, 5 star cuts though?

Illmatic: N.Y. State Of Mind, Life's A Bitch, The World Is Yours, Halftime, One Love

By All Means Necessary: My Philosophy, Ya Slippin', Stop The Violence, Illegal Business, I'm Still #1

So you really don't own an album you think every track is 5 stars? I mean, even intros/skits can also be classic IMO. I'm not saying "classic singles".
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:32 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:

To each their own. But I'd say at least "Illmatic" & "By All Means Necessary" are 100% gold all the way through.

At least 5, 5 star cuts though?

Illmatic: N.Y. State Of Mind, Life's A Bitch, The World Is Yours, Halftime, One Love

By All Means Necessary: My Philosophy, Ya Slippin', Stop The Violence, Illegal Business, I'm Still #1

So you really don't own an album you think every track is 5 stars? I mean, even intros/skits can also be classic IMO. I'm not saying "classic singles".

I never said 5 cuts through. There are a myriad of albums that fit that criteria. I'm saying an album where every single song is 5 stars. For example if an album has 12 songs, all of those songs (excluding the intro and outro in most cases) are 5 stars. No songs less than 5 stars. I can't phrase it any other way. Even Illmatic doesn't fit that for me and I hold it in very high regard.

I suppose an album could be perfect. Not saying its not possible but I haven't seen it yet...

I realize that intros and outros can be 5 stars. Take the intros of Aquemini and ATLiens.
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2014, 12:36 am

feminem got his career ended once and for all by benzino 15 years ago
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2015, 11:15 am

Umad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:   Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relapse - The REAL Review (FUCK THE HATERS!) :royce:
Page 1 of 1