Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eminem - Relapse

Go down 
+5
Esco
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Shaun
Jason
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 7:48 am

Thoughts now that it's leaked? On a couple listens, it seems pretty good to me. It's not up to SSLP or MMLP level, but it's a hell of a lot better than Encore, he's definitely bounced back somewhat.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 8:00 am

So no accent for the whole record then?
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 8:01 am

It smashes encore. The 2 latest single's he released is better than anything I heard on encore by a mile. I'm listening to the Insane track right now.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 8:04 am

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
So no accent for the whole record then?

He has songs with it, and songs without it. Sometimes it's just on the hook. I think I'm already getting used to it.

MarcoPolo wrote:
It smashes encore. The 2 latest single's he released is better than anything I heard on encore by a mile. I'm listening to the Insane track right now.

Yes, this easily smashes Encore. It's a fitting come back. I'd say it's the 4th or 5th best Hip-Hop album I've heard this year.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 8:07 am

Hmmmm I'm buying it regardless. No D12 or Obie features kinda fucked me up though.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 8:43 am

Royce should have been on here...

That would have increased sales by 4x
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:05 am

Yeah what the fuck? The beef is squashed, right? They should do that Bad Meets Evil album now.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:14 am

Eh, Bad Meets Evil would be 7 or 8 years too late. Wouldn't be like when they were at their best, and had pretty good chemistry. Their styles have grown further apart since then.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:27 am

I respectfully disagree, I think they're both capable of meshing their styles once again. They're both incredible lyricists with the ability to adapt to any beat or style. It would work. And it's never too late for dope hip hop bro.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:32 am

I think Royce has declined as a lyricist, in recent years so many of his verses have basically been run of the mill mixtape type of content. I do think there has been an uptick in the most recent stuff, so who knows. And Eminem is back from the lows of Encore, but he's not back up to MMLP level.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:36 am

I think the two of them together would inspire one another to be better, and their chemistry would not be a problem either. It's like riding a bike.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:43 am

Co-sign T. to a T.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:45 am

I would buy that album. But I don't know how well it would work either, to be honest.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:46 am

Really? I dunno man...I think it'd be dope as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:00 am

"I think Royce has declined as a lyricist, in recent years so many of his verses have basically been run of the mill mixtape type of content."

Have you heard "The Album", or the two singles from his upcoming album?
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:02 am

Obviously not.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:19 am

yea i was pissed to see that the rumored DJ Premier track "Keys to the City" wasnt on here but that was also rumored to have Royce on it so hopefully itll be onStreet Hop

ive still yet to listen to this i might wait and get it, not sure though...is it worth the $?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 11:21 am

Street Hop will be classic, regarless
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 12:01 pm

Shon wrote:
"I think Royce has declined as a lyricist, in recent years so many of his verses have basically been run of the mill mixtape type of content."

Have you heard "The Album", or the two singles from his upcoming album?

Yes, hence what I said about an uptick in his recent stuff. I'm not sold yet, we'll see how Street Hop is.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 1:59 pm

i went through like the first 7 songs and i stopped listening, that accent killed me, its unbearable.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 2:05 pm

Esco wrote:
i went through like the first 7 songs and i stopped listening, that accent killed me, its unbearable.

So did you make it to Medicine Ball, Stay Wide Awake, Beautiful, or Underground? If not give those songs a listen. They are tracks 10, 12, 17, and 20.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:23 pm

"Yes, hence what I said about an uptick in his recent stuff."

Sorry, I thought you switched back to Em with that statement
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Esco wrote:

So did you make it to Medicine Ball, Stay Wide Awake, Beautiful, or Underground? If not give those songs a listen. They are tracks 10, 12, 17, and 20.

No. Why are they good, but please, tell me they don't have that accent. Makes me feel like I'm listening to some arabic rapper.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:51 pm

give the whole album a listen.

the accent isn't bad at all. like i said this album is straight fire, aside from the lyrical content on a few tracks.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:53 pm

Steve wrote:
give the whole album a listen.

the accent isn't bad at all. like i said this album is straight fire, aside from the lyrical content on a few tracks.

Alright man, Its just that his whole new style makes me turn away from his music. I bumped Slim Shady LP today and i sat there thinking to myself "whyy EM why?????"
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:57 pm

"I think Royce has declined as a lyricist, in recent years so many of his verses have basically been run of the mill mixtape type of content"

I agree. He's not at his best like back in the late 90s and early '00s. For some reason, his flow has changed significantly. In my opinion, he should have been on Em's new joint.

As for Em, I do say this album is better than Encore. I would put it on the same level as the Eminem Show. The album did get better after track 7 though. I had no hope for it, but with the ganja song and "Medicine Ball", I was actually surprised. I thought the whole album was going to be a dud. Em should have had a Black Milk produced track as well as a Dilla track to show love for his Detroit brethern.

It seems to me that when his fuckin' with Dre, he can't really expand outside of Aftermath material. For Relapse to be a complete hip hop joint, throw some of the aforementioned producers on there for a little variety.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:58 pm

"I agree. He's not at his best like back in the late 90s and early '00s. For some reason, his flow has changed significantly. In my opinion, he should have been on Em's new joint. "

Like I asked Jason, have you heard "The Album" and his new singles? Or even "The Bar Exam"?
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 3:59 pm

Black Milk and Dilla over Dre? LMAO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:02 pm

Come on, Steve. A Black Milk/Dilla/Em track would be nuts
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:11 pm

It's Dre day all day everyday.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:28 pm

I get the feeling that Purple Tape 2 and Blackout 2 are both gonna trump Relapse.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:29 pm

youre wrong.

dead wrong
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:32 pm

Steve wrote:
youre wrong.

dead wrong

Don't get it twisted, I love Em, but other than that Dre track and the few snippets I haven't been impressed thus far. Whereas everything I've heard from Blackout 2 thus far has been bangin. Same with OB4CL 2. If it has a healthy doze of Ghostface it'll be a banger. I doubt it'll be classic like the first Purple Tape, but it should be at least 4+ stars.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:36 pm

Hell yeah a Dilla/Black Milk track over Dre. Dre is overrated man, and everybody knows that. If it wasn't for Scott Storch, Dre wouldn't sound the way he does now. IMO, I would take a 90s Dre over the new millenium one any day. He used better samples back then.

"Like I asked Jason, have you heard "The Album" and his new singles? Or even "The Bar Exam"?"

Yes. But seriously, the feature verse he did on Em's first mainstream album was ill as hell. That's the Royce I want to hear.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:40 pm

dre is overrated.....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Has Eminem EVER rapped over a wack beat, EVER? No, tell me which one of your favorite artists hasn't. Em never has because of Dre, plain and simple. I'd take the worst beat on relapse over the best beat on tronic.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:45 pm

i won't be coppin this but i posted it for whoever wants to check it out
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:47 pm

no way steve...here you go again with these "shock" statements...

the beats were great in a sense that they fit em. they fit the mood of the album...this is another concept entirely different from ONE clean beat. this album had a nice beat.

but anyway, that's my first impression...the album fucking flows like crazy...even the we made you fit in nicely. i still don't like his voice though...but a pleasant surprise to say the least. you can tell he put a lot of effort into it.
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:52 pm

okay skinny jeans, call it "beats that fit", tell me how many other artists have done that? every single track.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 4:52 pm

I'm not a huge fan of new millennium Dre either, his beats tend to be kind of dry and robotic, too clean for my tastes, and kind of predictable. They do knock, that's for sure, I'm not saying they suck, that'd be crazy, they do work great with Em. But, with that said, I would like to hear Eminem over a different style of production more often, and Black Milk would a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:06 pm

"I'd take the worst beat on relapse over the best beat on tronic."

I'd take 'Losin' Out' over just about everything on "Relapse". I love that beat

That said, I'm almost finished with my first listen, and I'm really surprised. None of those "Encore" type tracks on here (except Crack A Bottle). I'm on 'Stay Wide Awake', and I'd give this a solid 4 as of right now. The accent barely bothered me at all
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:10 pm

Steve wrote:
dre is overrated.....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Has Eminem EVER rapped over a wack beat, EVER? No, tell me which one of your favorite artists hasn't. Em never has because of Dre, plain and simple. I'd take the worst beat on relapse over the best beat on tronic.

I co-sign this, but Em HAS rhymed over a couple mediorce beats. HOWEVER those beats weren't produced by Dre, they were produced by himself.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:22 pm

Steve, you can't seriously say that every single Dre beat is dope on all of Em's albums. Just because it is an Em album doesn't mean all of the beats are spectacular. There are other producers out there that would def give Dre a run for his money on an Em joint (DJ Quik, Large Pro, Marley Marl, Pete Rock, Dilla, RZA).
Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:23 pm

lol, those guys (minus dilla) are a lot different than black milk (lmao get off it undergronud guys) and dilla.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:24 pm

i would like to hear Em over a different style of beat as well just to see how he sounds, but id never oppose to Dre producing everything
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:26 pm

Well, Black Milk still has to refine he beat skills a little more. With Tronic, I know he was experimenting using live instruments. I was just saying that maybe Em should branch out some more on an album. I don't know about you all, but I know I would def like to see a RZA or a Pete Rock beat on his albums.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:27 pm

I would never oppose to Dre doing everything either because of the chemistry those two have.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:30 pm

Also, 50 should have never been on Relapse. That wack ass verse he had on "Crack A Bottle" was horrendous (singing and shit). Do y'all also hear that due to the anticipation of Em's album, 50 went back to the studio to redo 75% of "Before I Self Destruct".
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:31 pm

lol yea i heard that harris about 50
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:35 pm

i think Eminem spittin dark lyrics over a RZA beat such as "4th Chamber" would be incredible
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 6:05 pm

"lol yea i heard that harris about 50"

Yeah man. I think he is trying to craft a "Power of a Dollar" album or something. I don't think that will happen though.

"i think Eminem spittin dark lyrics over a RZA beat such as "4th Chamber" would be incredible"

That's what I'm saying. I just want Em to be a little more versatile as beats go. Also, throw a couple of credible features on an album as well (maybe Redman, Tech N9ne, or Royce again).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eminem - Relapse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eminem - Relapse   Eminem - Relapse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eminem - Relapse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: