Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Label Production Quality

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Label Production Quality Empty
PostSubject: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 1:55 pm

Does anybody still going today compete with Strange Music? Honestly, is there a single entity that puts out at least 4 albums a year with exceptional production regardless of the artist? Even if you don't like X artist signed to Strange Music, you know the beats will bump and it'll have dope hooks/concepts. BCC used to be reliable back in the day, but they've lost a step. Rhymesayers is another close call, but they haven't been as busy in recent years IMO. For RSE, this year should be a good one (Jake One/Freeway, Evidence, Brother Ali, rumored Atmosphere album) but again, it's been awhile since they've had this many projects on the docket. G Unit used to be reliable as well, but that lasted like two years. Babygrande was another one, but they've also fallen off in recent years. Anybody got a contender?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 2:13 pm

For RSE, this year should be a good one (Jake One/Freeway, Evidence, Brother Ali, rumored Atmosphere album)

cosignage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 2:23 pm

Only problem with Strange is that a lot of the time those releases all have heavy Tech N9ne involvement.

Last year name the 4 dope albums strange dropped?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 2:30 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Only problem with Strange is that a lot of the time those releases all have heavy Tech N9ne involvement.

Last year name the 4 dope albums strange dropped?

KOD, Genius, Sickology, Feature Presentation

And that really has nothing to do with what I was saying. I was saying, that even if the album isn't completely "dope" the beats were dope, the hooks were on point, and the concepts were decent enough. I don't know of another label that has that consistently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 2:32 pm

I don't know about the concepts and the hooks... and again usually when they are on point it is tech n9ne's doing. The beats tend to be consistent enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 2:37 pm

Krizz Kaliko deserves some credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 2:46 pm

He does... but Kutt was released in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 5:48 pm

I don't know what you mean about Rhymesayers not being as busy lately, they put out P.O.S., BK-One, Brother Ali, and Felt 3 last year, all with great production IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 12:21 pm

I didn't peep that BK-One, I forgot it came out. But what about the year before that?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 3:15 pm

Jake One, an Atmosphere album, and a couple Atmosphere EPs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 4:25 pm

Okay, you're pushing it, but I'll let it slide. Rhymesayers and Strange. Anybody else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 4:43 pm

I already told you Strange doesn't qualify.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 4:45 pm

Yeah but see my opinion outweighs yours and I say it does. Not to mention you conceded my point about all of their albums having dope beats...which was the point of the thread...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Label Production Quality   Label Production Quality Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Label Production Quality
Page 1 of 1