Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Baseball

Go down 
+7
Esco
Shaun
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Deanie O'Banion
Norfeest
E. Taylor
T. Myers
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:30 pm

With baseball around the corner, it's time for fantasy baseball. Please let me know if you are willing to participate. I expect the regulars like KJ, Cise, SRP, Tran(the entire Braves roster is yours if you want it), Shaun, Dwight, and a few others to play.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:32 pm

I'm in. I got a yearly one I do with friends and random strangers. This will be my second one.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:33 pm

How do you do it Myers? Do you have a draft? When do you need to know by, i'll have to decide if i've got the time to do it. I used to love fantasy baseball but haven't played in 12 years.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:34 pm

Yeah, we'd have a live draft. The target date is March 21
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:40 pm

if you've never played online it will be a blast e. taylor.

The draft will take a few hours.

After that it is just a matter of maybe an hour a week depending on how dedicated you want to be.

Are you commishing terry?

we should set the rules to make it so people don't have to be constantly scour every day. I personally like waiver system with ranks and transaction limits.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:47 pm

Norf is setting up the league
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pass: hiphop
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:50 pm

This would be my 3rd, I don't like doing more than 2 for baseball, but I'll give it a shot. Terry aren't you a deadbeat owner in our basketball league?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:55 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
This would be my 3rd, I don't like doing more than 2 for baseball, but I'll give it a shot. Terry aren't you a deadbeat owner in our basketball league?

Yes, i didn't keep up with the B-Ball league like i should have. That won't happen with baseball. though.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 5:57 pm

Slang's dream team is shitting on all of us anyway. Jinx Jinx
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 6:02 pm

If that link doesn't work...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Try that one. Pass is still the same.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 6:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
With baseball around the corner, it's time for fantasy baseball. Please let me know if you are willing to participate. I expect the regulars like KJ, Cise, SRP, Tran(the entire Braves roster is yours if you want it), Shaun, Dwight, and a few others to play.

lol no doubt my team is going to consist of at least 5 Braves. Tommy Hansen, first pick! Yee!!!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 6:51 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Slang's dream team is shitting on all of us anyway. Jinx Jinx

lies...I beat him once already. I'm getting him again for the title.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 7:37 pm

ya, but I beat you, so you know the saying...the sun even shines on a dogs ass some days. hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:38 pm

Okay...apparently I forgot to mention the league ID.

League ID: 421687
Pass: hiphop
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:41 pm

Yeah, but i was able to figure it out based on your last link. So I'm ready to go.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:48 pm

I think i may do it. By the way, Cise isn't the biggest braves fan here. I'd challenge him for that title. Look out for Jason Heyward, might be just what the Braves have been missing.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:55 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I think i may do it. By the way, Cise isn't the biggest braves fan here. I'd challenge him for that title. Look out for Jason Heyward, might be just what the Braves have been missing.

You damn Traitorous bastard. You live like an hour and a half from Cincy. You should be a Reds fan.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:01 pm

SMNUTS @ Taylor

Tran, not Cise. Shaking My Head

and no, I win this one easily. Biggest fan on here, I'm a stan. Heyward>>>>>> easy rookie of the year. Also, Freddie Freeman will be a beast for the Braves for the next 15 years!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:04 pm

Baseball is for homos.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:08 pm

Shaun wrote:
Baseball is for homos.

No it's not, you're just too young and ignorant to appreciate a dope game like baseball.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Baseball is for homos.

No it's not, you're just too young and ignorant to appreciate a dope game like baseball.

Baseball is too slow, takes forever for something to happen. That's why I don't watch it.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:12 pm

Esco wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Baseball is for homos.

Baseball is too slow, takes forever for something to happen. That's why I don't watch it.

I like the suspense and the strategy in baseball. It's a thinking man's game, that's why I dig it.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:13 pm

Ok, i'm in. Team name is simply, Da Product. Couple of questions since i've never done this online. Do you draft by position or do you pick whoever you want whenever you want. Also, do i have to have a player ranking list to go by. If so, will i still be able to pick who i want or will it give me automatically whoever is next on my list. Lastly, It says to pick 2 starters and 2 relievers, then it says 4 other pitchers. Are these starters, relievers or what? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:16 pm

"No it's not, you're just too young and ignorant to appreciate a dope game like baseball."

Ha. Baseball was my favorite thing to do back in the day. Clearly, I was much more easily amused back then.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:17 pm

I'm in too, Team name is KWO (Kool World Order)
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:17 pm

Sorry Tran, got confused. Anyways, we'll just have to agree that were both big fans. I've been following the braves since 85. Favorite player of all time is Dale Murphy. I hope Freeman works out. I don't trust Glaus and his health and i've heard great things about Freeman. Still wish we had a legit leadoff man but Mclouth will have to get it done.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:19 pm

Shaun wrote:
"No it's not, you're just too young and ignorant to appreciate a dope game like baseball."

Ha. Baseball was my favorite thing to do back in the day. Clearly, I was much more easily amused back then.

Actaully if you don't like baseball anymore, it would make more sense for you to be easily amused now. Damn kids and their ADD/ADHD.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:19 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Don't be a deadbeat owner like you were in the NBA one... Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:21 pm

E. Taylor:

If you are AT the live draft you pick whoever you want at any position in any round. That said you would be wise to keep in mind what positions you need filled on your roster so you don't end up with a team full of shortstops.

Your pre rankings are in case you miss the live draft, Yahoo would draft for you based onyour rankings. They are also a helpful primer during the live draft. But if you draft live they have no effect.

The 4 pitcher positions can be filled by either a RP or SP - your choice. UTIL offense is any offensive player. Generic Outfield any outfielder, Infield any infielder save for catcher I think.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:23 pm

"Actaully if you don't like baseball anymore, it would make more sense for you to be easily amused now. Damn kids and their ADD/ADHD."

smh. Baseball is boring. That's why I said what I said.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:23 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Don't be a deadbeat owner like you were in the NBA one... Shaking My Head

I won't be. I was turned off by the amount of injuries I recieved and the shitty options on the waiver wire in the basketball league. Like Terry said, that won't happen in baseball.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:25 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Actaully if you don't like baseball anymore, it would make more sense for you to be easily amused now. Damn kids and their ADD/ADHD."

It's not boring. You just don't have the attention span for it. it's ok. You'll make some young lady a good one minute man.
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:25 pm

we need to make sure we have DL slots in baseball
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Shaun wrote:

It's not boring. You just don't have the attention span for it. it's ok. You'll make some young lady a good one minute man.

LMFAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:26 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Sorry Tran, got confused. Anyways, we'll just have to agree that were both big fans. I've been following the braves since 85. Favorite player of all time is Dale Murphy. I hope Freeman works out. I don't trust Glaus and his health and i've heard great things about Freeman. Still wish we had a legit leadoff man but Mclouth will have to get it done.

Big fan of theirs since 93/94, they were on TBS back in the days and they were the first team I ever watched. The Atlanta Hawks used to play on TBS as well....TBS used to be the shit! Favorite position player is either Joneses or Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff. Favorite pitcher is easily Mad Dog, although any one of the Big Three are high up there.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:30 pm

"It's not boring. You just don't have the attention span for it. it's ok. You'll make some young lady a good one minute man."

Hey, just because other sports move to fast for you to keep up doesn't mean you have to be angry Fantasy Baseball 992567
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:32 pm

Shaun wrote:
"It's not boring. You just don't have the attention span for it. it's ok. You'll make some young lady a good one minute man."

Hey, just because other sports move to fast for you to keep up doesn't mean you have to be angry Fantasy Baseball 992567

indeed! most sports have too much running for my big ass.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:42 pm

And McLouth will do fine. I like his game, he gets on base, which is the most important thing for a leadoff hitter. I hope they give Matt Diaz a starting gig, dude one of the most underrated players in the game imo.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:46 pm

T. Myers wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

You damn Traitorous bastard. You live like an hour and a half from Cincy. You should be a Reds fan.

Hey Myers, lol.........I've got family in Macon, Ga. and they got me into baseball. They got me into the Braves when i was 9 years old.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

I agree with you on Diaz, but Bobby Cox will always platoon him. This year it will be him and Melky Cabrera platooning.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 10:55 am

Im in..let me know

I fell off the BBall fantasy...not my intention-i went away,and lost track of it..still kinda bummed,,a dude was coming up too
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 6:49 pm

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 7:53 pm

If you're in, you gotta sign up. We already got 8 teams.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 8:12 pm

Dwight wrote:
I'm in.

Yeah, man...sign up. Only 4 spots left. It'll stay at 12 unless there's a flood of willing participants (not likely).
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 4:30 pm

Aight, I'm signed up.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 4:48 pm

3 spots left...
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010, 4:56 am

Norf, you thinking were gonna have a 10th by tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010, 11:49 am

i just joined
Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010, 11:51 am

Ah! Thanks slang, norf should just lock the league now so we don't get a random 11th team in. Draft is tomorrow everyone, FYI, so show up or pre-rank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball   Fantasy Baseball Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: