Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pick A Side, Case #1

Go down 
+4
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Esco
Justin Linker
T. Myers
8 posters

Pick A Side
East Coast
Pick A Side, Case #1 Vote_lcap35%Pick A Side, Case #1 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
West Coast
Pick A Side, Case #1 Vote_lcap65%Pick A Side, Case #1 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Pick A Side, Case #1 Empty
PostSubject: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 10:35 pm

Alright, I'm trying to drum up some more interest and debate in this goddamn place. It's starting to be more boring than the next KRS One album (ha, ha!). So this is basically where the people on this forum choose a side in classic hip hop fueds. This one requires the least explanation, so I'm not going to give one. Pick a side, fools.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 10:46 pm

Well, Back in the mid 90's i was riding with the west coast 100%, but 15 years or so later The Fued was stupid, i was stupid, and anyone who perpetuated the fued for profit is stupid. Dope music is dope music. Fuck the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 10:47 pm

Dammit, Terry, and your mature opinions. Just feed into my need for conflict, please. You could have at least voted West Coast.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 10:48 pm

My answer was The West Coast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 10:49 pm

But you didn't vote.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 10:50 pm

Yeah, i forgot. i voted now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 10:50 pm

Thanks. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 11:17 pm

Westside the bestside!!!

Now what!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 11:18 pm

Who are the pussies voting east coast without saying anything?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010, 11:57 pm

I wasn't really impacted by this beef, I've just heard the disses 10+ years later after they actually happened, so I'll stay neutral on this one(no vote?). Disses from both sides are crazy, but I tend to listen to the east dissing the west more often, no necessarily meaning they're better.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 4:31 am

"Hit 'Em Up"
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:01 am

your bored huh Jeffrey?? and this is the best you could come up with huh??

okay well I'm rolling with whichever coast Vitamin Damn D and Mac Dre are from...those are my two favorite artists EVER and the best artists to EVER do hip-hop music so wherever these two "masters" come from is the coast that I'm voting on..FUCK the haters!

So I think that means I'm ridin' with the WESS!

All my Compton, Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Deigo, Long Beach, Hollywood, Portland, Mexico heads STAND THE FUCK UP!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:18 am

Shaking My Head All he's trying to do is drum up some conversation. This place has been dead lately. Why do east coast fanboys get so salty when this particular topic is brought up? Does it bother you guys that much that the west/Pac was ruling hip hop at this time? It doesn't make Mobb Deep, Biggie, Nas, or anyone else any less great.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:36 am

T. Myers wrote:
Shaking My Head All he's trying to do is drum up some conversation. This place has been dead lately. Why do east coast fanboys get so salty when this particular topic is brought up? Does it bother you guys that much that the west/Pac was ruling hip hop at this time? It doesn't make Mobb Deep, Biggie, Nas, or anyone else any less great.

Umm Terry your the one who sounds salty...I was just pledging allegiance to my west coast heads....big ups to the Golden Bear State my dude!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:40 am

Right, cause i was the one who took a shot at N3R0, and then proceeded with ignorant, childish sarcasm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:46 am

East Coast all the way for me, and that's coming from a long time "east coast head".
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:53 am

T. Myers wrote:
Right, cause i was the one who took a shot at N3R0, and then proceeded with ignorant, childish sarcasm.

Honestly Terry there has got to be a better way to drum up conversation in this forum than bringing up events from 1996..and the east coast/west coast fued..many of which of the said events happened before alot of these dudes on this forum was even listening to hip-hop music...they missed all of it Terry....

Biggie is DEAD
2Pac is DEAD

Deathrow is DEAD
Bad Boy barely exists right now.

I mean honestly in 2010 who really cares man?? there has got to better shit to talk about than this boring bullshit from 1996.....does anyone else have any other good ideas to talk about to wake up the forum??

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 15 Mar 2010, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 10:05 am

West Coast is where my fav type of sound comes from and a lot of my fav rappers are form there. The east coast would be second or tied with the south.

The west coast imo has always made betta songs for he most part than the east coast. The east coast really did not know how to make street catchy songs until the west coast showed them. Especially on the hook side of things.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 10:17 am

KRob86 wrote:
West Coast is where my fav type of sound comes from and a lot of my fav rappers are form there. The east coast would be second or tied with the south.

The west coast imo has always made betta songs for he most part than the east coast. The east coast really did not know how to make street catchy songs until the west coast showed them. Especially on the hook side of things.

I gotta give Kev his props for sticking with what he likes even if it doesn't make any damn sense but since the heads in here want to WAKE up this forum and this seems to be the only way to give it any life I'll give my take on this topic...

The east coast/west coast fued was for the most part a bigtime media event that spiraled way outta control and contributed to the death of two of the most accomplished emcees to ever do this music...as for who was ruling the genre at the time...well in terms of sales Deathrow was leading...but in terms of artistic talent Bad Boy had the lead...but the west coast has always for the most part sold more than the east coast...this goes back to the Tone' Loc and Young MC days...the Delicious Vinyl days with Candyman being another big seller...but when it came down to ACTUAL TALENT...then the east coast/NYC was always blowing away the west coast and quite fuckin easily too...it wasn't even close...lol...and almost laughable....so sales will go to the west coast easily...but talent will go to the east coast easily....I think when it comes to music that talent should always win out...so that means the east coast is kicking ass...but I've already said this before many times...that it is a FACT that NYC/east coast is the greatest creator of hip-hop music EVER...of all-time...to ever do it....the west coast is second and will always be when it comes to outright talent and the creation of extremely dope hip-hop music...plain and quite simple

now we have the controversy that forum so desperately craved.....let the "debate" begin again in earnest...lmao!
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 11:15 am

West Coast..better weather,women,place to live...........oh wait thats not what this is about, riiiight......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 12:44 pm

Oh this thread is about the east/west coast beef? Well I never took any sides in that one. I mean the beef had been brewing for years prior so it did not surprise me when it happened.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 6:31 pm

All time = East coast

Last 13 years or so = West coast

I'll go with the west for poops and giggles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:27 pm

There's a reason it's 11-3, West>East.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:35 pm

isnt this supposed to be who's side we were on when it came to the beef? not the music in general?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:35 pm

N3R0 wrote:
There's a reason it's 11-3, West>East.

what's the reason Jeffrey?? lol

oh and I voted for the wess side too...lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:37 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
isnt this supposed to be who's side we were on when it came to the beef? not the music in general?

yeah Slang that was supposed to be the "point" here I guess???

not sure what this poll shows man, but hey at least it brought back some life to the forum right??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar 2010, 9:00 am

To quote Biggie.....

If I gotta pick a coast, I got to pick the East. I live out there, so don't go there. But that don't mean a n***a can't rest in the west, see some nice breasts in the west, smoke some bomb cess in the west......

But from my own words, I agree with Powell. This was a pointless topic, and dope music is dope music regardless of where it's from. That said, East Coast is the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick A Side, Case #1   Pick A Side, Case #1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick A Side, Case #1
Page 1 of 1