Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD Prices Set to Drop!!!

Go down 
+2
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
E. Taylor
6 posters
AuthorMessage

CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Empty
PostSubject: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 7:33 pm

http://new.music.yahoo.com/godsmack/news/universal-betting-on-lower-prices-to-boost-cd-sales--62000139

yeeeee.

I think... surely the artist is and will get screwed. But I still prefer to save on the majors and spend on the indies. I just hope the drops won't lead to indies not pressing CDs for fear of not being able to compete and us being forced to buy MP3s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 7:36 pm

They should have been did that especially since physical copies are becoming dinosaurs. I always have said that if they lower new release prices to around the 5.99-7.99 range they may cut into that bootleg market a tad.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 7:39 pm

Good. I will always prefer having physical copies to downloading stuff. I'm old school i guess.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 7:40 pm

Good news. Yee!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 7:53 pm

This news is not surprising at all.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 8:22 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
I think... surely the artist is and will get screwed. But I still prefer to save on the majors and spend on the indies. I just hope the drops won't lead to indies not pressing CDs for fear of not being able to compete and us being forced to buy MP3s.

I think that's already happening. But I'm afraid it will get worse.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 9:22 pm

i forgot all my cds and broke my ipod when i went up north. i had to buy some new albums on the road to listen to and at the cds stores almost all the records i wanted were 19.99 or more
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 10:01 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Good. I will always prefer having physical copies to downloading stuff. I'm old school i guess.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 10:02 pm

Cory wrote:
i forgot all my cds and broke my ipod when i went up north. i had to buy some new albums on the road to listen to and at the cds stores almost all the records i wanted were 19.99 or more

I run into this more at the indie stores, actually. The chain stores have the high priced stuff, but they occasionally have sales. The indie stores that I frequent almost never have a sale of any kind.

I think that's why I almost never buy new. When I do, I hit up the indie spots as well as the chain spots. But I think that's why I love Amazon and similar sites as well. It's practically impossible to beat their used prices, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:49 pm

A little too late but at least it's a good excuse to go to the store again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CD Prices Set to Drop!!!   CD Prices Set to Drop!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD Prices Set to Drop!!!
Page 1 of 1