Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

does it make the cut?
top 25
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
top 50
20%
 20% [ 4 ]
neither
75%
 75% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 20
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Wed 28 Apr 2010, 11:13 pm

Southern Rap Porn wrote:

And no one calls anything by Hammer classic - but they do those other rappers... many more than have ever said Illmatic is classic.

I only brought up Hammer because you used sales as an example.

As for Illmatic, the only people who rate lower than 5 stars are Nas haters such as yourself. Those other rappers may be more popular, but that doesn't necessarily make their albums better. I know Pac, Snoop, and Bone haters as well who don't consider their stuff classic. And most would say that Doggystyle and E 1999 are the only classics by Snoop and Bone, and Illmatic is equally as loved among hip-hop nation as those two albums, and as loved as any album by Pac.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Wed 28 Apr 2010, 11:15 pm

No KJ, because it Illmatic was equally as loved it would have sold as much as those albums. It did not. The real hip-hop nation loves Snoop, Bone, and Pac more than they will ever love Nas.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Wed 28 Apr 2010, 11:51 pm

top 50 at number 50
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 8:34 am

Oh shit it's EAST/WEST/SOUTH/MIDWEST coast time AGAIN...lol

I love this shit because it's the only real thing that seems to wake up this forum

The east coast/in particular NYC is the BEST to ever do this hip-hop shit....THIS IS A FACT....and it's not because we had a headstart in the game either..because honestly I don't even count most of that extra early shit as part of the dopeness....but its because NYC has released the MOST quality hip-hop point blank, period.....the best emcees...the best production....the best representation of hip-hop culture...

I know a dude like Romped will get offended by this and so will SRP and many many others...and thats because they as well as the others know it's true...but that pride thing won't ever let them be heard saying that...so they will continue to big-up their favorites like a Mac Dre or an Andre Nickatina and act like those guys are on the levels of a Rakim or a Big Daddy Kane...lol

Hey man thats okay though..your supposed to support your favorites...shit honestly I think The West coast brought a bunch of innovations to hip-hop music and released a bunch of hot shit...they are the second best coast to ever do it....

I think my main beef if you will is with the South....they are the motherfuckers who helped to ruin the entire concept of quality hip-hop music outside of a selected few...each region has brought something to the game both negatively and postively but the South has really hurt the culture the most OVERALL.....


this conversation is old and of course when I present it and say things like it's a fact then dudes will get pissed off and thats all okay too....I know what I'm saying is a FACT in terms of NYC/East coast has been the greatest creators of hip-hop music of ALL-TIME...

it is also a FACT that since 2000 NYC/East coast has been one of the weakest contributors to hip-hop music and culture as well.....unless this changes then the decline will continue to where it's at....2010 has been a pretty average year so far for it to be late April/early May..but let's see what the summer holds...I know I still love hip-hop so I will continue to support it (NO DOWNLOADS)....lol....so it's all good to me!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 8:40 am

NYC has released the most quality? Quality, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, right?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 10:18 am

T. Myers wrote:
NYC has released the most quality? Quality, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, right?



thats true Terry....but any idiot can see this man...this shit is as plain as the nose on your face man...

The Yankees are the GREATEST team to ever play major league baseball...27 titles and all of their other successes tell me this..now some Red Sox or Blue Jays or Mets fans might disagree but it doesn't mean it's not a fact right?? no other baseball team can match-up to what they've done

The Lakers and Celtics are the rightful GOAT teams for basketball...as a Knicks fan it hurts to admit that but I know it's true....


NYC is the GOAT of all-time when it comes to QUALITY hip-hop music...this shit is a FACT...nowhere else even comes close man...I'm sorry to those that are offended by this information...can we finally move on now???
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 10:23 am

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
NYC has released the most quality? Quality, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, right?



thats true Terry....but any idiot can see this man...this shit is as plain as the nose on your face man...

The Yankees are the GREATEST team to ever play major league baseball...27 titles and all of their other successes tell me this..now some Red Sox or Blue Jays or Mets fans might disagree but it doesn't mean it's not a fact right?? no other baseball team can match-up to what they've done

The Lakers and Celtics are the rightful GOAT teams for basketball...as a Knicks fan it hurts to admit that but I know it's true....


NYC is the GOAT of all-time when it comes to QUALITY hip-hop music...this shit is a FACT...nowhere else even comes close man...I'm sorry to those that are offended by this information...can we finally move on now???

but sports and and music aren't always comparable. You can't debate the number of rings the Yankees have. their world series titles are fact. Not every person will agree on an albums dopeness, and like it or not region does play a factor. I personally don't see how someone could like Mac Dre more than Pharoahe Monch, but then again i wasn't born and bred in the bay area. As much as i may disagree, i can't put myself in another man's shoes.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 10:24 am

lol
Music isn't a sport. There is no system to determine a winner. Unless you consider sales to be that. Then Wayne is the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 10:30 am

its okay Parker I understand this might be a little over your head man.....you just admitted the other day the you do have a tendency to listen to music that sucks right??
so QUALITY and hip-hop might not make complete sense to someone such as yourself so I forgive you in advance man


as far Lil Wayne well Eminem has sold more than him and so has Hammer and so has Vanilla Ice so this is why I don't use sales as a measure for anything music related.....I'm talking about QUALITY Parker....QUALITY

do you work in a service oriented industry??? if you do then you should know what that word means!


Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 11:17 am

So what system do you use to determine which albums are the highest quality?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 11:18 am

I'm really glad for this opportunity to learn from you.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 11:42 am

If I go on your system Parker...then you basically brought up sales as the MAIN point of emphasis right??

so going by what you said then MC Hammer...Lil Wayne......Vanilla Ice......Tone' Loc......Young MC......JJ Fad.. and heads of this "ilk" are the preferred GOATS of hip-hop music correct?? And NONE of them are from NYC correct?? this is your argument right??

I'm countering that QUALITY is what rules when referring to music and I'm also saying that NO ONE has released more QUALITY hip-hop music then NYC...hey Parker do you know QUALITY hip-hop music when you've heard it man?? I think that is the question that you need to ask yourself first?? do you recognize QUALITY when you've heard it...

would you consider Wu-Tang-Enta The 36 Chambers..as an example QUALITY hip-hop music

or does JJ Fad-Supersonic float your boat???

do you consider QUALITY hip-hop music to be Vanilla Ice-Ice Ice Baby?? or would it be more along the lines of A Tribe Called Quest-Award Tour???

You need to understand what QUALITY is before you pose a stupid question Parker...please don't ask dumb shit just for the sake of seeming intelligent...it does neither me nor you any good man....

NYC=GOAT of all-time as far as hip-hop music...plain and simple and if it's not then show me why OUTSIDE of sales...in other words show me this QUALITY hip-hop music...and don't just throw out bullshit either but music that Parker would really consider QUALITY hip-hop music
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 11:47 am

Kid Joe wrote:
So what system do you use to determine which albums are the highest quality?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:01 pm

You aren't answering my question are you Parker??

you don't have an answer do you??

if sales is your system then that explains why you continue to listen to music that sucks

"Don't sweat it. I listen to a lot of music that sucks." says one Kid Parker Joe

keep right on listening to that Parker...it explains EVERYTHING man!

I LOVE hip-hop man! we have no debate to continue because it's apparent that you don't!


Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:06 pm

You're a retard
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 122
Location : Midland, NC USA

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:09 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
You're a retard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:10 pm

LMAOOOO!

the only thing that good ol' Parker has left in his broken arsenal is "You're a retard"


LMAOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:13 pm

I really just realised that you truly are a severely stupid person. I would sincerely like to apologize for all the times I gave you shit. I'll try to be more understandimg.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:14 pm

It's not from my arsenal. You're dumber than dog shit.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:36 pm

nah Parker that music that you love SMELLS worse than Dog Shit my dude...


update your styles man.....you could never give me shit about anything....that thing you call a brain is the reason why you needed to take a walk from the forum man...it's just too damn complicated in here for you.....I understand man...next time read a handbook.....lol

"You're a retard"......lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 2:55 pm

LMAO! @ this thread.

Powell this forum know NYC/East coast is the GOAT coast they have admited time and time again.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 5:29 pm

Southern Rap Porn wrote:
No KJ, because it Illmatic was equally as loved it would have sold as much as those albums. It did not. The real hip-hop nation loves Snoop, Bone, and Pac more than they will ever love Nas.

That's BULLSHIT, but you're a Nas hater so of course you're gonna spin it that way.

Just because an artist is more popular or an album sells more than another doesn't make it better. Look at how many non-classics have gone multi-platinum. Most critics rank Illmatic above any Pac, Snoop, or Bone album.

Of the three that you named, the only one more popular than Nas on a grand scale is Pac, but again popularity doesn't mean that you're better. Snoop's popularity has declined post-Doggystyle, and Bone isn't even a consensus Top 10 group of all time.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 5:30 pm

You will never get it KJ.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 5:31 pm

Southern Rap Porn wrote:
You will never get it KJ.

The BS you're trying to feed me? You're right, I'll never get it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 5:33 pm

You tell yourself what you need to KJ. I am done trying to reason with you.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 36
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 6:07 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I'm really glad for this opportunity to learn from you.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 6:14 pm

Illmatic, E1999 Eternal, and Doggystyle are all classics. Therefore this nonsense about non classic albums going multi-platinum is moot. The point SRP is making(at least i think it is) is that if all are classics and these albums have sold more than Illmatic, it would be safe to reason that Doggystyle and E1999 are more widely preferred. That's not to say you in particu;ar have to feel either is better, but according to the sales, quite a few people prefer them over Illmatic(myself included)

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 6:52 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Illmatic, E1999 Eternal, and Doggystyle are all classics. Therefore this nonsense about non classic albums going multi-platinum is moot. The point SRP is making(at least i think it is) is that if all are classics and these albums have sold more than Illmatic, it would be safe to reason that Doggystyle and E1999 are more widely preferred. That's not to say you in particu;ar have to feel either is better, but according to the sales, quite a few people prefer them over Illmatic(myself included)

The point I was making though is that sales doesn't mean an album is better. Doggystyle sold more than The Chronic, yet most people rank The Chronic over DS. It Was Written sold more than Illmatic, and it's CLEAR that Illmatic is the better album.

Illmatic is the Shawshank Redemption of hip-hop. Didn't initially sell that well, but is widely considered one of the best ever by critics and fans alike.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 6:54 pm

Alan wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
I'm really glad for this opportunity to learn from you.

LMAO

It didn't work Pounds

"He's a retard"

LMAO
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 6:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Illmatic, E1999 Eternal, and Doggystyle are all classics. Therefore this nonsense about non classic albums going multi-platinum is moot. The point SRP is making(at least i think it is) is that if all are classics and these albums have sold more than Illmatic, it would be safe to reason that Doggystyle and E1999 are more widely preferred. That's not to say you in particu;ar have to feel either is better, but according to the sales, quite a few people prefer them over Illmatic(myself included)

The point I was making though is that sales doesn't mean an album is better. Doggystyle sold more than The Chronic, yet most people rank The Chronic over DS. It Was Written sold more than Illmatic, and it's CLEAR that Illmatic is the better album.

Illmatic is the Shawshank Redemption of hip-hop. Didn't initially sell that well, but is widely considered one of the best ever.

That's the thing though. If all are classics, one is not better than the other. In essence, they are all equal. It just boils down to personal taste. In this particular instance, sales actually do serve a purpose. It indicates which of these classic albums are more popular. I could see your point if we were saying Country Grammar was better than Illmatic due to it selling more, but we are speaking strictly on classics here.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 7:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Illmatic, E1999 Eternal, and Doggystyle are all classics. Therefore this nonsense about non classic albums going multi-platinum is moot. The point SRP is making(at least i think it is) is that if all are classics and these albums have sold more than Illmatic, it would be safe to reason that Doggystyle and E1999 are more widely preferred. That's not to say you in particu;ar have to feel either is better, but according to the sales, quite a few people prefer them over Illmatic(myself included)

The point I was making though is that sales doesn't mean an album is better. Doggystyle sold more than The Chronic, yet most people rank The Chronic over DS. It Was Written sold more than Illmatic, and it's CLEAR that Illmatic is the better album.

Illmatic is the Shawshank Redemption of hip-hop. Didn't initially sell that well, but is widely considered one of the best ever.

That's the thing though. If all are classics, one is not better than the other. In essence, they are all equal. It just boils down to personal taste. In this particular instance, sales actually do serve a purpose. It indicates which of these classic albums are more popular. I could see your point if we were saying Country Grammar was better than Illmatic due to it selling more, but we are speaking strictly on classics here.

I kinda see your point, but most polls have Nas ranked as a Top 5-10 MC of all time, Snoop doesn't rank as highly on most of them, nor does Bone on most group polls. I agree that it does boil down to personal taste, but when guys like Nas, Rakim, and KRS-One are frequently mentioned and objectively considered by hip-hop nation among the all time great MC's, that's solid proof that skills outweigh sales in the grand scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 7:16 pm

KJ, the point is that your version of the "hip-hop nation" does not constitute a true or accurate version of the "hip-hop nation." What you refer to as the hip-hop nation is just a small sub-section of hardcore fans who consider themselves well versed, intelligent, and who feel they live or breath hip-hop.

It's like asking movie critics to name the best movies of all time - they will likely name the so-called "classics" but it will not match up with what general movie fans really enjoy the most. More people in the movie nation will tell you they enjoy The Godfather over Gone With The Wind, etc.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 7:29 pm

Southern Rap Porn wrote:
KJ, the point is that your version of the "hip-hop nation" does not constitute a true or accurate version of the "hip-hop nation." What you refer to as the hip-hop nation is just a small sub-section of hardcore fans who consider themselves well versed, intelligent, and who feel they live or breath hip-hop.

It's like asking movie critics to name the best movies of all time - they will likely name the so-called "classics" but it will not match up with what general movie fans really enjoy the most. More people in the movie nation will tell you they enjoy The Godfather over Gone With The Wind, etc.

I dunno about that, Gone With The Wind is equally as popular as The Godfather. I prefer the Godfather personally but I recognize both as classics and I know some people that prefer Gone With The Wind.

The Shawshank Redemption is ranked the number one movie on many websites (most notably IMDB) despite not being the biggest box office seller, just as Illmatic is ranked the number one album on many websites despite not selling the most copies.

I see the point you're trying to make, but I think you're missing mine. Bottom line is that Illmatic isn't just loved by a small sub-section of hardcore fans, it's loved by the overwhelming majority of fans that have ever spun it. If that weren't the case, then Nas and Illmatic wouldn't show up on so many GOAT lists.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 7:57 pm

That is flawed logic KJ that you contradict all the time KJ. You say that even if illmatic has not been heard by as many people as Doggystyle or E1999, it is in GOAT conversation because the internet world and most of the people who hear it consider it classic. Yet if I tell you a Mac Dre or Andre Nickatina CD is considered classic by most of the 100,000 fans who bump it - you will say it is just a regional classic - by your logic if it is considered classic by most who heard it then it is a consensus classic and should be given as much respect as any other classic regardless of sales.

That's where you fail to hold up your own logic. I have no problem with people considering illmatic a classic - that is their personal opinion and I try to respect them all - but you have to also respect other personal opinions that don't line up with your own.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Thu 29 Apr 2010, 11:30 pm

Southern Rap Porn wrote:
That is flawed logic KJ that you contradict all the time KJ. You say that even if illmatic has not been heard by as many people as Doggystyle or E1999, it is in GOAT conversation because the internet world and most of the people who hear it consider it classic. Yet if I tell you a Mac Dre or Andre Nickatina CD is considered classic by most of the 100,000 fans who bump it - you will say it is just a regional classic - by your logic if it is considered classic by most who heard it then it is a consensus classic and should be given as much respect as any other classic regardless of sales.

That's where you fail to hold up your own logic. I have no problem with people considering illmatic a classic - that is their personal opinion and I try to respect them all - but you have to also respect other personal opinions that don't line up with your own.

It's not just "my logic" it's the fucking truth! MILLIONS of people have heard Illmatic. After all it DID go platinum. Who the fuck cares how long it took it to get there! I've got more proof of how much people love Illmatic besides total album sales. Don't even bring Mac Dre or Nickatina into this, those two dudes haven't achieved half of Nas' success in the rap game. In fact, I'd venture to say that Illmatic is more universaly loved than Bone's E1999, an album on which I've seen many reviews below 5 stars for.

All this boils down to is that you don't like Illmatic and don't consider it classic. You're entitled to feel that way, but the FACT remains that most people don't share that opinion.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 12:11 am

goodness KJ....support your facts MILLIONS of people have heard illmatic? It barely went platinum years after it was released....

That's the point you miss.. but whatever man... live in your own little world...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 1:37 am

I've bought Illmatic twice...

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 1:47 am

Shaun wrote:
I've bought Illmatic twice...

I'm sure plenty of stans did - considering they re-released it so many times the last few years. I found a used disc only copy of the second disc in the recent limited edition so I only paid 50 cents for it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 1:52 am

Well, my first one got stolen. So I needed a new one.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 1:54 am

Shaun wrote:
Well, my first one got stolen. So I needed a new one.

KJ goes around stealing everyone's copy of illmatic so you have to buy it again.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 6:55 pm

Eastern Rap Porn wrote:
goodness KJ....support your facts MILLIONS of people have heard illmatic? It barely went platinum years after it was released....

That's the point you miss.. but whatever man... live in your own little world...

The point you miss is that just because an album doesn't go multi-platinum doesn't mean that it's not critically acclaimed. Ridin Dirty is another example, an album which I know you hold in high regard.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:07 pm

Nobody is saying you should use sales to define an albums value.

What we are saying is that sales are the only- the absolute fucking only- factual gauge of an albums value. Everyone here knows that the measurements are limited to financial.

Now, just like I've been asking your dumb buddy, how do you FACTUALLY determine an albums value, KJ?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
avatar

Posts : 4016
Join date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:08 pm

lol!

Good stuff Parker.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:13 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Nobody is saying you should use sales to define an albums value.

What we are saying is that sales are the only- the absolute fucking only- factual gauge of an albums value. Everyone here knows that the measurements are limited to financial.

Now, just like I've been asking your dumb buddy, how do you FACTUALLY determine an albums value, KJ?

Critical acclaim. For me it trumps sales.

If you look at the Top 20 or so best selling rap albums of all time, all of them aren't classics.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:16 pm

Critical acclaim is opinion. It is what critics THINK about an album. Don't you like anything that has been shot down, critically speaking? I'll bet you do.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:21 pm

Are either of you embarrassed for not recognizing the rhetorical?

I would be. That's elementary comprehension.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:23 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Critical acclaim is opinion. It is what critics THINK about an album. Don't you like anything that has been shot down, critically speaking? I'll bet you do.

Sure I do, I'm sure everyone on this forum does.

Where this shit started though was when SRP was saying that Illmatic's place in history is lesser than albums like All Eyez On Me, Doggystyle, and E 1999 and that's bullshit. It's gotten as many 5 star ratings from both critics and fans alike as all of those albums.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:25 pm

What does QUALITY hip-hop music sound like to you Parker??

Define Quality and then use the word in a hip-hop music context one who is as slow as a 90 year old in a marathon....

and if Tranny is co-signing you...shit then EVERYBODY on this forum is in big trouble...lol

What is QUALITY hip-hop music Parker and his trusty sidekick or kickstand Tranny??
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:

and if Tranny is co-signing you...shit then EVERYBODY on this forum is in big trouble...lol

Tran's a dickriding Stan. Anybody who gives me shit he co-signs.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
avatar

Posts : 4016
Join date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:29 pm

nah, when the dumb duo of KJ & Ancient Powell agrees than you know logic and common sense is throwing out of the window.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1   

Back to top Go down
 
Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rodigan & Luv injection v Matterhorn & Mighty Crown: Stratford, East London. 2006
» Comedy Albums.
» 1985.07.04 - Madame Wong's East, Los Angeles, USA
» Blue Oyster Cult - The Complete Columbia Albums Box Set
» UG's Top 10 Prog Albums Of All Time

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: