Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Empty
PostSubject: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010, 8:37 pm

Haven't listened to it yet, but I've heard good things

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/06/11/fashawn-%E2%80%93-ode-to-illmatic-mixtape/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010, 9:08 pm

I'll be checking this out soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:58 am

Oh yeah forgot about this one. Need to d/l it soon.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:13 am

It's dope. Folks like Wayne and KJ should really dig this. Powell would too, but he doesn't download even if it is free. I think technology scares him.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:20 am

I don't know. I think he sticks too closely to the original lyrics, which I understand from the standpoint of paying homage, but it isn't very entertaining. At some points, you basically have a inferior rapper playing mad libs with Nas' verses. I think it would be a better listen if Fashawn had injected more originality.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:20 am

Cosign Terry. Just finished spinning it and Fashawn is definitely on point. Didn't know he could hold down lyrics like he did, looking forward to more stuff from him.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:24 am

Jason wrote:
I don't know. I think he sticks too closely to the original lyrics, which I understand from the standpoint of paying homage, but it isn't very entertaining. At some points, you basically have a inferior rapper playing mad libs with Nas' verses. I think it would be a better listen if Fashawn had injected more originality.

Yeah, i understand your point, but as long as people aren't saying it's on par with illmatic, i don't really see any issue with it. To be honest, my biggest gripe was Talib Kweli's appearance on Life's A Bitch. His flow just isn't as fluid as AZ's and it kinda ruins the song for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:11 pm

This is the gayest shit in the world. I haven't heard it, but really? Wow. Is Fashawn striving to be the the east-coast nut hugging/name dropping version of Game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:39 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
This is the gayest shit in the world. I haven't heard it, but really? Wow. Is Fashawn striving to be the the east-coast nut hugging/name dropping version of Game?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 3:19 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Fashawn's a west coast rapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 3:33 pm

Jason wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I think he meant stylistically, but yes, you're right.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 4:43 pm

Can anyone familiar with my listening make a guess as to whether or not i'd dig Boy Meets World?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 4:49 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Can anyone familiar with my listening make a guess as to whether or not i'd dig Boy Meets World?

Do you like Below the Heavens by Blu & Exile?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 8:13 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Jason wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I think he meant stylistically, but yes, you're right.

precisely... which is why I said east-coast nut hugging/name dropping version of game

and not just east-coast version of game...

comprehend people.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:17 pm

Write less ambiguously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:41 pm

there is nothing ambiguous about it.

The adjective was placed in front of verb it was describing... not in front of the noun all the way at the end of the sentence. read less dumbassedly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 11:22 pm

I'll definitely download this. I like Fashawn, and I don't nitpick on superficial petty BS like some others do here so I'll let the music speak for itself while I listen to it. I think it's cool that he's paying homage to Nas and his classic debut Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 11:30 pm

Anybody hear MF Doom's I Am and Nastradoomus albums?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:11 am

KJ Styles wrote:
I'll definitely download this. I like Fashawn, and I don't nitpick on superficial petty BS like some others do here so I'll let the music speak for itself while I listen to it. I think it's cool that he's paying homage to Nas and his classic debut Smile

Cosign. I still haven't gotten around to downloading it yet, but I will soon.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:25 am

Red wrote:
Anybody hear MF Doom's I Am and Nastradoomus albums?

Yeah, some good tracks, but overall just ok. I wouldn't buy it to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic   Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic
Page 1 of 1