Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D-Block: Day 2

Go down 
5 posters

?
Classic
D-Block: Day 2 Vote_lcap0%D-Block: Day 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Excellent
D-Block: Day 2 Vote_lcap71%D-Block: Day 2 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Very good
D-Block: Day 2 Vote_lcap29%D-Block: Day 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Average
 0% [ 0 ]
Poor
 0% [ 0 ]
Never heard it
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

D-Block: Day 2 Empty
PostSubject: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 8:54 am

D-Block: Day 2 We_Are_The_Streets
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:42 am

I'll go with excellent on this one. I have Money, Power & Respect as very good and I think this CD is better IMO. Can we get a new CD?.......Geeeesssshhhhh....lol

Last edited by Highsmith on Tue 06 Jul 2010, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:00 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I'll go with excellent on this one. I have Money, Power & Respect as very good and I this CD is better IMO. Can we get a new CD?.......Geeeesssshhhhh....lol

I hear you on the new CD. According to wikipedia, they have an album titled New L.O.X. Order and although it doesn't have a release date, it's scheduled to be released this year. By the way, as mentioned in the MPR thread, I always thought that album was better than We Are The Streets for some reason, but that has changed.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:42 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I'll go with excellent on this one. I have Money, Power & Respect as very good and I this CD is better IMO. Can we get a new CD?.......Geeeesssshhhhh....lol

another 1000% CO-SIGNAGE!

this shit bangs....the lyrics were excellent....the beats are very good (provided mainly by that dude that everyone seems to dislike on here Swizz Beatz) he was shining on this project IMO....

an excellent effort right here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:53 pm

EXCELLENT effort. Dope beats, Dope rhymes, everything was on point on this album. 4.5 star effort easily IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 12:59 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

another 1000% CO-SIGNAGE!

this shit bangs....the lyrics were excellent....the beats are very good (provided mainly by that dude that everyone seems to dislike on here Swizz Beatz) he was shining on this project IMO....

an excellent effort right here!

There are some tight Swizz tracks on here, no doubt about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:01 pm

Yeah I agree, Swizz was dope on this album but my favorite track is the Premo produced Recognize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:02 pm

Was I the only one who was anticipating a Jada solo album after hearing "Blood Pressure"?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:05 pm

Again, I'll say average, because it's not at the very good level, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:10 pm

Shaun wrote:
Again, I'll say average, because it's not at the very good level, IMO.

I disagree with that entirely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:12 pm

Wayne wrote:
Was I the only one who was anticipating a Jada solo album after hearing "Blood Pressure"?

Nope, I believe everyone was. He went really hard on that track and was the MVP of the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Nope, I believe everyone was. He went really hard on that track and was the MVP of the album.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:37 am

Very good. To bad it was there last fucking album.... Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 12:11 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Very good. To bad it was there last fucking album.... Mad

HOPEFULLY, New L.O.X. Order will drop this year, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:42 pm

Very good, the best Lox joint
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 4:06 pm

Thanks D Powell and good thread Wayne. After "Blood Pressure" I was definitely anticipating a Jada solo, as were many others. However, while he did have some joints on "Kiss The Game Goodbye", some of the commercial joints were awful. Cruisin might be one of the all time worst songs on a rap album ever....lmao However, I will definitely scoop up a new LOX album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Thanks D Powell and good thread Wayne. After "Blood Pressure" I was definitely anticipating a Jada solo, as were many others. However, while he did have some joints on "Kiss The Game Goodbye", some of the commercial joints were awful. Cruisin might be one of the all time worst songs on a rap album ever....lmao However, I will definitely scoop up a new LOX album.

Yeah, Cruisin kind of had me shaking my head a little, lol. When I see the comments made about the commercial songs on this album, I keep thinking about "Knock Yourself Out".
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:09 pm

ill vote Excvellent
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 10:39 pm

I see what you mean Wayne but atleast Knock Yourself Out was a tolerable track. It was a decent single and you could dance to it in the clubs if you dance. Cruisin, Fuckin Or What, Nasty Girl and I'm A Gangsta were awful. I mean you shouldn't even play those tracks more than twice...lmao That's how bad they were.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 10:41 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I see what you mean Wayne but atleast Knock Yourself Out was a tolerable track. It was a decent single and you could dance to it in the clubs if you dance. Cruisin, Fuckin Or What, Nasty Girl and I'm A Gangsta were awful. I mean you shouldn't even play those tracks more than twice...lmao That's how bad they were.

I like Knock Yourself Out, but that was the first track that came to mind. The 4 songs you mentioned were on another level though, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

Highsmith wrote:

I'm a Gangsta is dope IMO. Nasty Girl was nothing special lyrically, but the beat is bangin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D-Block: Day 2   D-Block: Day 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D-Block: Day 2
Page 1 of 1