Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
J. Harris
Norfeest
8 posters
AuthorMessage

To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 6:59 pm

Best Buy has the special edition with two Bonus Tracks for 11.99 instead of 7.99, but one of them is the Shine Blockaz Remix, so...yeah. Just thought I'd let Terry know, lol.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 7:32 pm

I'm buying this blind. I don't really have a certain level of expectation for it, but I dug Speakerboxxx, so it makes sense to take a listen. I'm intentionally ignoring all the build up and high praise that others laid down after hearing the leaks...

Is that special edition available only at Best Buy? I usually go to Target.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 8:10 pm

The album is dope expect for the track with Jamie Foxx and the song with Gucci Mane. If you took Gucci's verse out, then the song would have been more acceptable. I have the album ranking around 4.0-4.25/5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 8:13 pm

Aang wrote:
I'm buying this blind. I don't really have a certain level of expectation for it, but I dug Speakerboxxx, so it makes sense to take a listen. I'm intentionally ignoring all the build up and high praise that others laid down after hearing the leaks...

Is that special edition available only at Best Buy? I usually go to Target.

Target doesn't have a seperate listing, so I'm assuming it's just a Best Buy exclusive.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 8:14 pm

Depending on how the extra tracks are, I might just get the standard version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 8:31 pm

amazon has it too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 9:46 pm

I'm gonna get this tommorrow but I'm really skeptical about it being that wack ass Gucci Mane has a guest appearance, yet Three Stacks doesn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 9:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I'm gonna get this tommorrow but I'm really skeptical about it being that wack ass Gucci Mane has a guest appearance, yet Three Stacks doesn't.

Because you don't pay attention. The original version of "You Ain't No DJ" had Andre on it, but label issues prevented it from happening. How does one guest appearance ruin an album for you? Cuz he's not from New York?

Last edited by M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 10:31 pm

this album has gotten classic reviews from critics and every track ive heard is leaning toward at least coming close to BLH as album of the year. And yes, the Gucci Mane song is very dope, and Gucci doesnt ruin it at all
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:11 pm

LOL, why you letting me know, and $4 is a bit pricey for 2 songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 11:17 pm

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Because you don't pay attention. The original version of "You Ain't No DJ" had Andrea on it, but label issues prevented it from happening. How does one guest appearance ruin an album for you? Cuz he's not from New York?

I hate Gucci Mane no matter who he's performing with.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 12:06 am

KJ Styles wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Because you don't pay attention. The original version of "You Ain't No DJ" had Andrea on it, but label issues prevented it from happening. How does one guest appearance ruin an album for you? Cuz he's not from New York?

I hate Gucci Mane also, but the song on here with Gucci is really good...I have to admit.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 9:13 am

KJ Styles wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Yeah man, i understand and all that, but you also hate Lil Wayne. You yourself have admitted he was decent enough on Distant Relatives. Gucci Mane may be in the same boat on this release.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:14 am

Bias is a motherfucker sometimes....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 12:09 pm

Has anyone heard the bonus tracks yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 12:10 pm

yup they're on youtube

nothing worth the extra $5, but it's got a dvd with videos, so if you're into that sort of thing go for it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 12:13 pm

I can't wait to buy this joint after work today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 12:16 pm

I don't watch videos... and need I remind KJ he bought the Jadakiss CD with Gucci AND OJ Da Juiceman on it and he wasn't declaring the album wack before he heard it then.

Bias is a motherfucker, isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:39 pm

Buying it off of Amazon, this will probably be at least Top 3 of the year for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:39 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
Buying it off of Amazon, this will probably be at least Top 3 of the year for me.

I feel it'll be in the top 3 of the year also.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:41 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I don't watch videos... and need I remind KJ he bought the Jadakiss CD with Gucci AND OJ Da Juiceman on it and he wasn't declaring the album wack before he heard it then.

LMAO

Indeed it is...

Hey, does anyone know if I can get the DVD/CD version from Target or if it's only at Best Buy? I'm not trying to drive to DC if I don't have to. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I pre-ordered the Big Boi CD, so I didn't say that I wasn't going to buy it. I said that I was skeptical about it because of the Gucci appearance and no Andre.

I didn't declare the Last Kiss wack (which BTW didn't feature Gucci) but I didn't declare it great either. It didn't make my Top 10 albums last year and I consider it Jada's worst effort. Who's Real is one of a number of skip tracks on it though, 2nd worst behind Rockin With The Best.

It's gonna arrive here sometime today, so after I bump it I'll give my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:04 pm

Aang wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

LMAO

Indeed it is...

Hey, does anyone know if I can get the DVD/CD version from Target or if it's only at Best Buy? I'm not trying to drive to DC if I don't have to. lol

pretty sure you can buy the deluxe version anywhere. I think Best Buy will just have it the cheapest. I bought the deluxe edition...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:12 pm

Thanks man. I just found it in Target for $12.99. About to check out now.

Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:16 pm

It's a fuckin' digipak! SMH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:02 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Aang wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

LMAO

Indeed it is...

pretty sure you can buy the deluxe version anywhere. I think Best Buy will just have it the cheapest. I bought the deluxe edition...

I already answered that question.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:15 pm

Jive kept 3 stacks off of the album. I know everyone knows about Royal Flush by now and that track is on Itunes. There is a free download for Lookin' 4 Ya on okayplayer.com and there was one other track that 3 Stacks was on. The album would be even better with these tracks but this is still a dope album after one listen. Jive wanted them to do a double album like Speakerboxx/Love Below and when that broke down they acted like they didn't want to release this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:17 pm

Jive keeping 3 Stacks off the album.

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 6:09 pm

What's the prognosis?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 7:56 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
What's the prognosis?

AOTY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow   To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Anybody Buying Big Boi Tomorrow
Page 1 of 1