Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I may be buying......

Go down 
+6
Highsmith
Norfeest
Laced With Slang
booerns
Justin Linker
parker lewis
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I may be buying...... Empty
PostSubject: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:10 am

A fucking Rick Ross album!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it either! I mean everything this cat stands for I hate and I never liked his over the top big boss image. I always knew he was a good beat picker or listener and I knew he was good at hooks. But I never imagined I would be thinking about buying his album Teflon Don that drops this Tuesday. Please somebody stop me and bring me bacccck!

Its only 11trks deep so he had no major room for filler and he is actually spitting some decent rhymes for his skill level and pool. But honestly the guest spots and beats and hooks are really drawing me in on this one. Its damn near a comp album, think Yukmouth Thugged Out double cd....smart.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:29 am

Steal it.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:31 am

I never heard a full Rick Ross album...so I can't say anything. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:33 am

Justin Linker wrote:
I never heard a full Rick Ross album...so I can't say anything. lol

Same here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:41 am

I haven't listened to an entire Ross album either until this one. I got the digital copy but I want to buy it. Linker and whoever check these out:

Last edited by KRob86 on Sun 18 Jul 2010, 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:42 am

I actually own a copy of Port of Miami. Kind of embarrassed of it, but its better than it should be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:13 am

LOL Kev, I'd help out by slappin the shit outta you if I lived near you.

I hate Rick Ross, but I see what you mean about his production though. Cool and Dre are dope beatmakers but he's just a terrible MC that I couldn't allow myself to cop his shit.

I agree with Parker, you should just stick to the digital copy. That way, it'll be one less CD collecting dust once it predictably loses it's replay value.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 9:47 am

KJ did you LISTEN to those two trks I posted? He actually seems to have put some thought into the rhyme. I'm proud of him...lol. Its like watching your handicap grown uncle use his fork for the first time instead of his hands...progression..lol.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 10:25 am

i wouldnt buy a Rick Ross album cuz hes a fucking douche bag ex-cop that denied it over and over until finally admitting it after getting served by everyone. One of the biggest fakes in the history of rap. My principles of how much of a clown he is would never allow me to buy the album but maybe give it some spins digitally
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 11:20 am

Yeah Kev, the dude can pick a beat. I've bought two of his albums and have considered rounding out his discography just for the beats alone.

That said, I totally agree with Slang about his image. I know that he's a fraud and it's all a front, but I think he's good at it.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 11:28 am

Oh yeah he's fakes as press on nails and his image is almost laughable but good sounding music just can't be denied. Plus the guest on this album bring some of their best verses. Save for Gucci Mane who is fucking terrible on MC Hammer.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 12:39 pm

Well, I actually own all of the Rick Ross joints except for that Rise To Power, which I guess was a collection of his earlier days, at Suave House, I think. Although it's a hip hop guilty pleasure of mine. I equate it to being a No Limit fan of '98, a Cash Money fan of '99, my Three 6 phase, etc, etc. The material isn't whack but as Norf said he's good at being a front and a fraud. If you listen to tracks like Push It, Luxury Tax, Maybach Music 1,2,3, etc, you'll see that he's good at puttin' on a nice front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 12:48 pm

Highsmith are you picking this one up?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 12:53 pm

I know I am. It's only $9 ($12 shipped) on Amazon. And I noticed that all of his albums go for cheap over there. I gonna go ahead and round out the discog right now.

Highsmith, is Rise To Power an essential to the RR collection? How would you rate it? Might have to try before I buy since Suave House has been on and off for me for a loooooong time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 12:56 pm

Nor its only 7.99 @ bestbuy Tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:21 pm

I refuse to support this type of shit. No limit at least kept the image up, these dude was straight fake. The music bangs and I will download it, but I refuse to supporting this.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:36 pm

^ yup, hes been exposed so many damn times, im not gonna support this cornball
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:50 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Nor its only 7.99 @ bestbuy Tuesday.

Oh shit. I'll get it there then.

As far as supporting him, I'm not so sure he's going to see much of the money I plan on spending since I'm buying the albums used. 1 album will be new, so...yeah...

And him being exposed only means he got caught, but half these dudes in the same lane are frontin' too. They just haven't been busted...yet.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:54 pm

dude, he was a cop/prison guard whatever. Thats different than just being fake lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:57 pm

Exactly Nor. As a person fuck'em but music wise this album bangs right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:01 pm

Slang you do know over 70% of rappers who rap about any type of thug or street shit are frontin to some degree right?

The key is they are telling stories from things they have seen or heard. Or they are skilled writers and are creating dope lyrics to fit their imagination. Look at it as writing a book or movie script. It takes skills to keep peoples attention and make things interesting.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:05 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Slang you do know over 70% of rappers who rap about any type of thug or street shit are frontin to some degree right?

The key is they are telling stories from things they have seen or heard. Or they are skilled writers and are creating dope lyrics to fit their imagination. Look at it as writing a book or movie script. It takes skills to keep peoples attention and make things interesting.

obviously i know that. But im just saying doing that is completely different than being a fucking cop.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:26 pm

Always reminds me of the guards at the end of Hustle & Flow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:27 pm

LOL he was a CO far from a cop. I still think it was a BIG bitch move denying he worked that so please don't think i'm trying to defend this lying fuck. Wouldn't really have mattered much if he would just have admitted it in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

A lot of CO's are slung back and think they're just as hard as the inmates, one of my buddys brothers is like that at CMC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 2:46 pm

He fronted and lied. That's the biggest thing. I don't mind people having a 9 to 5 and rapping. Just don't lie or front or try to put on some sort of fake lifestyle if you do.

Sure, a lot of these guys embellish the truth, but living the opposite of what they rap is an entire different thing. And I know some COs can be dirty, but then just admit to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 3:14 pm

In a rare moment, I actually agree with SRP 100%
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 6:34 pm

Yes Kev, I'll be picking it up. I pre ordered it from Itunes. Norf, I never actually heard Rise To Power. From the snippets on Itunes, he was rappin' pretty much the same but the production wasn't as good as the Def Jam releases.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm

Sorry, I just can't buy a RR CD. He's a no talent hack that gets supplied some decent beats here and there. Listeners buying this joint are only going to keep trash like him in the mainstream even longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:27 pm

Update...

Well I did not buy the cd, just couldn't. I'll just bump the copy and who knows may get it later.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:29 pm

smh, you should have just bought it. Don't let these fools talk you out of it. Good music is good music. If you like it, add to your collection.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:29 pm

Perhaps wait until it hits the $1 mark on Amazon
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:32 pm

After 1 listen I'll say 4 stars. Number One with Puffy and Trey Songz is awful as well as Gucci Mane's verse on MC Hammer.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:33 pm

Highsmith wrote:
After 1 listen I'll say 4 stars. Number One with Puffy and Trey Songz is awful as well as Gucci Mane's verse on MC Hammer.

Super High is lame too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:34 pm

T. Myers wrote:
smh, you should have just bought it. Don't let these fools talk you out of it. Good music is good music. If you like it, add to your collection.

Terry has every vanilla ice CD ever..
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:35 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Terry has every vanilla ice CD ever..

Nope, just his debut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 9:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:

It doesn't have anything to do with no one on here. I was listening to it on the ipod at work today and I felt no need to purchase it.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 10:06 pm

V-Ice's Bi Polar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2010, 10:07 pm

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

It doesn't have anything to do with no one on here. I was listening to it on the ipod at work today and I felt no need to purchase it.

I'm glad you came to your senses Kev.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 12:25 am

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I'm glad you came to your senses Kev.

LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 4:45 pm

Has he even had one case against him that didn't "stick" let alone many that would make him think he can call himself this?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 5:07 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Super High is lame too.

Lyrically maybe, but that beat is dope as fuck.

I bought the album. Not really sure where to start....the beats bang, but there's some recycled material on the album. If this is your intro to Ross, then this is easily 4 stars, but an official rating from me would have to be 3 - 3.5 because I'd have to take off points for him recycling entire tracks/verses.

As far as the hate, while warranted, it seems sort of pointless. It's like saying Soulja Boy is wack. We all know it, but going above and beyond to do so seems to only help his cause. Relax a little...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 5:47 pm

You Nor so he used some of these beats on other albums or something? And the lyrics also?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 6:53 pm

Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Super High is lame too.

Lyrically maybe, but that beat is dope as fuck.

I bought the album. Not really sure where to start....the beats bang, but there's some recycled material on the album. If this is your intro to Ross, then this is easily 4 stars, but an official rating from me would have to be 3 - 3.5 because I'd have to take off points for him recycling entire tracks/verses.

As far as the hate, while warranted, it seems sort of pointless. It's like saying Soulja Boy is wack. We all know it, but going above and beyond to do so seems to only help his cause. Relax a little...

Yeah, i really don't dislike any of the production, and out of the 11 tracks, i find myself spinning about 6 or so quite frequently.

Tears Of Joy w/ Cee-lo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010, 7:03 pm

KRob86 wrote:
You Nor so he used some of these beats on other albums or something? And the lyrics also?

There are about 3 songs on the album that were already released.

Still, it's a 3.5 for me. If this was my intro to him, it'd easily be 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 1:09 am

From mixtapes or what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:06 am

I have listened to this 3 times and I will stick to my 4 stars, but 3.5 wouldn't be a bad rating either. The only songs that I don't spin are #1 and MC Hammer. Super High & I'm Not A Star aren't bad and the other tracks can be played every time you decide to spin this. If you didn't get the Itunes pre-order, he has a track with Raekwon called Audio Meth, which is nice also. I am sure that it's on youtube.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:22 am

Am I the only one who thinks this album has one of the weakest second halves this side of the '07 Mets? Don't get me wrong, I thought the first five tracks or so were flames, but even the beats on the second half were weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I may be buying......   I may be buying...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I may be buying......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next