Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!

Go down 
+7
yOGi420™
Laced With Slang
Dang! Trotter
Norfeest
Half
Haterex
parker lewis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 8:52 pm

Cape Verde blast everything out of the water . SCFB just makes every other rap act seem like they are not doing their job
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 8:55 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Cape Verde blast everything out of the water . SCFB just makes every other rap act seem like they are not doing their job

Yeah definitely. Especially this year
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 12:38 pm

This is a really good album. I dig it. I only spun it once so far, and with distractions, so I'll have to check it again. But I was just doin my thing, and before I knew it, the whole album had gone by. Nothing really stood out and made me go back to listen to a track again (which usually happens for me). So, I'm not sure if this is all really that good, or if it's missing something.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm

Certainly the most unique album I've heard in recent memory. I'd give this a 4 star rating. Some songs are just memorizing while others fall right on their face from the getgo. I appreciate this rec though. The production is quite good throughout.

Wow the song The Spin Off is fire. Song of the year candidate.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 4:25 pm

Cise wrote:
Certainly the most unique album I've heard in recent memory. I'd give this a 4 star rating. Some songs are just memorizing while others fall right on their face from the getgo. I appreciate this rec though. The production is quite good throughout.

Wow the song The Spin Off is fire. Song of the year candidate.

Good to hear you like it. Staying strong at 4.5 for me.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 1:34 am

spinning now and im really feelin this shit ill come back with a further review later
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 4:32 pm

Just coming back to this thread to say that this definitely one of the best recs I've gotten on this site, I've been listening to this album for months and its replay value has not diminished one bit. Pretty hard to describe but I guess a close comparison would be a more laid-back and more political Madvillainy of sorts. Still a 4.5 star joint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 4:46 pm

Another good way to describe this is the closest thing to dalek you've been rec'd on the site.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 4:47 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Another good way to describe this is the closest thing to dalek you've been rec'd on the site.

Eh, maybe.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 5:51 pm

I finally got around to purchase this album and I really like the concept, but I'm still feeling out the production. I don't know if its that some of the beats have alot going on with them or they are too loud and over filled with samples.. I'm still spinning it so these feelings might change for the better.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!   SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCFB- Cape Verde- Open your mind!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2