Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haslem sticks with Miami.

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Norfeest
Esco
E. Taylor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Haslem sticks with Miami. Empty
PostSubject: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 4:57 pm

In a move that surprised me along with many others, Udonis Haslem has accepted the vet minimum to stay with the Heat. I know he turned down at least 7 mil/year from Dallas. This is a big deal for Miami because he's a solid role player which is just what they need to fill out their roster.

Also, Derek Fisher turned down the Heat to return to the Lakers. Showing his loyalty to the Lakers. Although, it only made sense since he'll probably win another championship there plus he gets more money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 5:13 pm

That is a little surprising, but if Haslem wants another ring and likes the system he may be choosing the safer bet in Miami. I think he would have given Dallas a strong presence on D and helped us out, so I was hoping we'd get him, but I thought the price was a little high honestly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 5:16 pm

Neither move surprises me. Haslem is nothing more than a role player anyway so he may as well stay and try to get another ring. And Fisher has been immortalized in LA. He's the point guard of the defending champions. He's won 5 rings there and they're still the best team in the league until proven otherwise, so it wouldn't have made any sense for him to leave.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 5:19 pm

How much is the vet minimum? Just wondering how much money Haslem is turning down. He's still relatively young so i'm just surprised he didn't go for the most money.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 5:20 pm

Good news, Haslem is a great hustle player and rebounder and defender. Always drops that jumper from behind the freethrow line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 5:30 pm

He turned down a little over 2 million a year
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:05 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Neither move surprises me. Haslem is nothing more than a role player anyway so he may as well stay and try to get another ring. And Fisher has been immortalized in LA. He's the point guard of the defending champions. He's won 5 rings there and they're still the best team in the league until proven otherwise, so it wouldn't have made any sense for him to leave.

You clearly haven't watched many Heat games. Especially in their lean years...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:10 pm

Aang wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

smh, why even bother Norf? LOL!

Haslem is one of my favorite players in the league because he does almost everything correctly. Him re-signing with Miami is a huge deal IMO.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:12 pm

i absolutely hate Haslem, but this is a good move for the Heat. Haslem is dumb for turning down the dough though this was his chance to make the most bank he probably could have in his career
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Haslem is one of my favorite players in the league because he does almost everything correctly. Him re-signing with Miami is a huge deal IMO.

LOL...exactly.

Haslem can start on pretty much any team without a star PF. And he's definitely going to start for the Heat. If I'm not mistaken, he was the starting PF on the championship team. He's obviously doing something right...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:35 pm

Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOL...exactly.

Haslem can start on pretty much any team without a star PF. And he's definitely going to start for the Heat. If I'm not mistaken, he was the starting PF on the championship team. He's obviously doing something right...

I thought Antonie Walker was the starting PF on that team
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:39 pm

Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOL...exactly.

hes not going to start on the Heat no way they start Bosh/Haslem in the frontcourt, theyll sign a veteran center. Haslem didnt even start last year
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:00 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOL...exactly.

I thought Antonie Walker was the starting PF on that team

I'm pretty sure Haslem was the starter.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

Denver also offered Haslem the 7 mil a year for 5 years also. That will definitely help the Heat. The Mike Miller deal is just about done also. I heard about a 3 team trade where Barbosa, Diaw & Tyson Chandler go to Toronto, Jose Calderon to the Bobcats and Hedo Turkoglu to the Suns. The Suns got Josh Childress and Quentin Richardson to the Magic.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:47 pm

Sad to see Chillz go, but it wasn't unexpected. I just wish we got someone like Earl Clark in the deal instead of a second rounder.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 10:50 pm

5 yrs, 20 mil for Haslem
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 12:10 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
i absolutely hate Haslem, but this is a good move for the Heat. Haslem is dumb for turning down the dough though this was his chance to make the most bank he probably could have in his career

How could anyone hate Haslem? He's just a hustle player that gets shit done. Don't see how he's does anything to warrant hate.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 12:45 am

Esco wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

How could anyone hate Haslem? He's just a hustle player that gets shit done. Don't see how he's does anything to warrant hate.

go watch the 2005 and 2006 Playoffs Heat vs. Pistons, most annoying player EVER in that series (besides Wade and his referee force field). I also dont like Florida (the college) and Haslem went there
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 12:47 am

Oh yea, you're a Pistons fan. I forgot.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 12:14 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOL...exactly.

hes not going to start on the Heat no way they start Bosh/Haslem in the frontcourt, theyll sign a veteran center. Haslem didnt even start last year

By no means am I a psychic...nor am I an owner of a crystal ball, but the Heat have yet to sign a center an I've seen him play the 5 for them with my own eyes, so...the possibility of him starting is a real one until they sign a center. No way does an unproven rookie get the nod over him.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 3:36 pm

Aang wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Aang wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Aang wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOL...exactly.

By no means am I a psychic...nor am I an owner of a crystal ball, but the Heat have yet to sign a center an I've seen him play the 5 for them with my own eyes, so...the possibility of him starting is a real one until they sign a center. No way does an unproven rookie get the nod over him.

i still doubt he starts, he didnt even start last year, they will get a servicable big, besides i think Haslem would be much better sutied coming off the bench for them, without him they would have no one to spell Bosh

at the end of games i can see them both playing though
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 3:41 pm

They will be signing Illgauskas soon. I would assume he will start for them at center and Haslem will come off the bench. I would still envision them splitting minutes.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 3:44 pm

^ Lovely my worst nightmare... a fantasy timeshare. o_O
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 3:47 pm

Funk Seoul Brother wrote:
^ Lovely my worst nightmare... a fantasy timeshare. o_O

i wouldnt pick either of those 2 clowns anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 3:50 pm

lmao

zydrunas? wow... he wasn't fit to start in cleveland...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:04 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

i wouldnt pick either of those 2 clowns anyway

If we do a 18 team or more league they could be sleepers. Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:14 pm

Cise has a case of trantentialism.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:14 pm

smh and like half of those bozos would be deadbeat owners anyways.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:17 pm

*cough*Terry, SRP, KJ (especially), & Slang*cough*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:18 pm

Please, I was only deadbeat for about two months and I was active the rest of the time and I almost made the playoffs with my amazing run the last month or so.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 6:45 pm

Since we all seem to converse on here regularly, I'd hope the chances of teams tanking would diminish. We could drop subtle reminders if need be. I thought the bragging rights alone would be enough to keep it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 6:51 pm

Aang wrote:
*cough*Terry, SRP, KJ (especially), & Slang*cough*

hey in the basketball and football league i was very active. I had the best record in the basketball league, football i was middle of the road. The baseball one i just kinda forgot about...it didnt help that i missed the draft and my team was autodrafted
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 6:57 pm

Yeah I wouldn't lump Slang into the inactive category. Even if he didn't make a lot of moves, he did a damn good job putting together his team.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 6:59 pm

Funk Seoul Brother wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't lump Slang into the inactive category. Even if he didn't make a lot of moves, he did a damn good job putting together his team.

i made the moves i had to make lol, i didnt really have anyone on my team i could afford to drop that often
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 7:00 pm

I wasn't a very good owner for the basketball league. I will do better this upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:47 pm

I wasn't speaking solely on basketball...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:52 pm

Wow Norf way to get all confrontational....^_^
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 10:25 pm

Aang wrote:
I wasn't speaking solely on basketball...

Well, Basketball is really the only one that applies for me. Things have been hectic for the past week or two for me so baseball has suffered a little, but I do keep up with it.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 11:40 am

You couldn't make this up. Our very own Powell is about to sign with the Hawks. Congrats to him. Wonder if Tran will get his jersey...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010, 12:32 pm

What a waste of money signing this fool to a mill just to ride the bench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haslem sticks with Miami.   Haslem sticks with Miami. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haslem sticks with Miami.
Page 1 of 1