Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Empty
PostSubject: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 4:37 am

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/07/21/master-p-says-shyne-should-stop-rapping-look-into-acting-audio/

This is pretty bold for a guy who should have never started rapping in the 1rst place
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 8:03 am

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 10:24 am

Honestly..Percy Miller needs to shut his goddamn mouth...fuckin' sell-out
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 10:58 am

Lyrical mastermind he wasn't but he still gave us Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D, Ghetto's Tryin to Kill Me, TRU, etc.

His weakness was over saturation as a business strategy and lack of respect for his producers that caused him to lose BBTP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 11:03 am

Master P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shyne
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 12:32 pm

Who is Master P to tell anyone to stop doing anything? Somebody smack him in the head with one of those Master P dolls...lls
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

lol, wow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 4:01 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Who is Master P to tell anyone to stop doing anything? Somebody smack him in the head with one of those Master P dolls...lls

Right on Highsmith, lol.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 9:59 pm

Whether people like what P said or not their is truth in it. Who here is checking for Shyne? Nobody, unless somebody wants to correct me if I'm wrong. He basically said dude needs to diversify portfolio and parley what little fame he into something that will actually bring him dough. He doesn't have indie clout to self-sustain. That 10 year stint fucked his shit up. He's know X-Raided behind bars if Buried Alive taught him anything. He doesn't have the connects or the interest. His infamy overshadows his previous skill. He hasn't produced anything that has folks saying that's classic. P at least comes up in the debate, heated or not. The other sad truth is Rappers/Singers/Performers make more money from acting in a single stint than they do off their music. It's money upfront, no recouping and waiting or having to do a crap load of tours. If Shyne got a real role and worked it right he'd at least have folks interested again. Dude needs to think about how he will the last half of his life. However if still have the music bug then let him have it but I would still suggest he consider diversifying his investments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 12:17 am

Wayne wrote:
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.

EXACTLY!!! I'm not a Shyne fan at all, but Master P is as sub-par as they come on the mic.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 2:07 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Whether people like what P said or not their is truth in it. Who here is checking for Shyne? Nobody, unless somebody wants to correct me if I'm wrong. He basically said dude needs to diversify portfolio and parley what little fame he into something that will actually bring him dough. He doesn't have indie clout to self-sustain. That 10 year stint fucked his shit up. He's know X-Raided behind bars if Buried Alive taught him anything. He doesn't have the connects or the interest. His infamy overshadows his previous skill. He hasn't produced anything that has folks saying that's classic. P at least comes up in the debate, heated or not. The other sad truth is Rappers/Singers/Performers make more money from acting in a single stint than they do off their music. It's money upfront, no recouping and waiting or having to do a crap load of tours. If Shyne got a real role and worked it right he'd at least have folks interested again. Dude needs to think about how he will the last half of his life. However if still have the music bug then let him have it but I would still suggest he consider diversifying his investments.

Sire, I agree but what career does Shyne got other than rappin? I doubt if HollyWood is knocking on his door. Hell, he couldn't get work in HollyHOOD. Shyne wasnt much of a rapper either. I suggest he learn a trade and leave entertainment. But a Master P diss track from him would be nice
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 2:08 am

TheHazardous wrote:
Lyrical mastermind he wasn't but he still gave us Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D, Ghetto's Tryin to Kill Me, TRU, etc.

His weakness was over saturation as a business strategy and lack of respect for his producers that caused him to lose BBTP.

Lord Peterson,

How is this a good thing?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 8:16 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
TheHazardous wrote:

Lord Peterson,

How is this a good thing?

Merely a statement of fact Sir Trotter. Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D, and Tru 2 Da Game are classic to me and I was simply comparing P's output to Shyne's. Early Guru wasn't super lyrical but still classics were produced.

The good thing if you need a silver lining is that other indie labels can learn from his mistakes. And more artists became interested in the independent route and it proved indie labels could have a major impact. Keep the consumer aware and interested in your product but don't bludgeon them with your presence. Strike while the iron is hot. Respect your subordinates because a King is nothing without his subjects. And last but not least the industry realized the worth of the Southern market where before we had largely been ignored.

Is that good enough?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 8:20 pm

I hope these youngsters learn from Shyne that for the most part prison is a career killer unless your presence moves mountains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 8:26 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
I hope these youngsters learn from Shyne that for the most part prison is a career killer unless your presence moves mountains.

I don't disagree with that, but P needs to shut his mouth. He's fortunate that he's a successful business man, because he's a terribe rapper. He's basically the Diddy of the South. Like Wayne said, him telling someone else to quit rapping is like the pot calling the kettle black.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 8:38 pm

"but P needs to shut his mouth"

I disagree. Did you listen to interview? He wasn't trying to knock him. What would you tell Shyne?

Did he tell Shyne anything bad or anything that didn't come from a place of truth?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 8:46 pm

Master P needs to shut up. He Unnnnnnhhhhhhhh'd for 10 years and got paid. He also made money as a businessman and I will give him credit for that. However, Shyne had years of his life wasted in jail for a dumb mistake that he made. Who is Master P to tell him to not make a living the only way he knows how. Def Jam gave him a mil straight up. So obviously they still see something in him. If Master P was smart as he claims to be he would have paid Beats By The Pound and bought No Limit a couple of years more in the game. Now he wants to give Shyne advice. GTFOH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 8:58 pm

TheHazardous wrote:

Can't disagree with this.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:23 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Master P needs to shut up. He Unnnnnnhhhhhhhh'd for 10 years and got paid. He also made money as a businessman and I will give him credit for that. However, Shyne had years of his life wasted in jail for a dumb mistake that he made. Who is Master P to tell him to not make a living the only way he knows how. Def Jam gave him a mil straight up. So obviously they still see something in him. If Master P was smart as he claims to be he would have paid Beats By The Pound and bought No Limit a couple of years more in the game. Now he wants to give Shyne advice. GTFOH

"Who is Master P to tell him to not make a living the only way he knows how."

Is it wrong to tell him he needs to learn how to do other things so he won't be totally dependent on his rap skills?

"If Master P was smart as he claims to be he would have paid Beats By The Pound and bought No Limit a couple of years more in the game."

Is no intelligent man without fault? Any NL gets re-released he will eat cake What NL album didn't he executively produce? He at least had foresight. He also gave knowledge away while he ran his company. He gave his folks in his camp the book Everything You Need to Know about the Music Industry. Some peeped game and went solo which is why a lot Post-Camp members went indie. Handle your business, don't let your business handle you. All had varying degrees of success.

"Def Jam gave him a mil straight up. So obviously they still see something in him."
Hopefully for Shyne's sake they are correct but it's not like Def Jam is infallible.

Highsmith, if your child (heaven forbid), just got done doing a 10 year stint now in their 30's and they said they were going to rap, what would you say? Would you tell them to diversify their skill set?

I think people are ignoring the message because they don't like the messenger. I ask all to listen to the audio interview and say what they got out of it including words and tone.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:38 pm

The point that you're not getting is that Shyne was a rapper before he went to jail, while he was in jail and now that he is out of jail. You're defending Master P like you're Lil Romeo or something. He had his time and he is done. For him to open up his mouth now and try to take $ away from Shyne means he is a hater. He doesn't have anything to do with hip hop now, re release your albums and shut the hell up. Is he going to tell any rapper that has been in jail not to rap? Is he going to tell Lil Wayne that? Chi Ali? Boosie? After Beats By The Pound left, tell me one No Limit album that was 4 stars or over and any No Limit artist who had success post Beats By The Pound?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:54 pm

Shyne is worthless compared to Master P. Peterson don't even waste your time debating about this. P made history Shyne made well.......
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 1:04 am

"tell me one No Limit album that was 4 stars or over and any No Limit artist who had success post Beats By The Pound?"

Well since you asked:
Young Bleed-My Balls and My Word
Mystikal-Unpredictable
Mac-Shell Shocked
Tru-Tru 2 Da Game
Ghetto D
Ice Cream Man

Post Beats By the Pound Success:
Mystikal
Soulja Slim (was rising until his untimely demise)

"You're defending Master P like you're Lil Romeo or something."
Not really.

"For him to open up his mouth now and try to take $ away from Shyne means he is a hater."
Lol. What's the difference between hating and giving an opinion? Did you peep the whole audio? (for real)

"Is he going to tell any rapper that has been in jail not to rap? Is he going to tell Lil Wayne that? Chi Ali? Boosie?"
All those situations are different. Wayne has an empire behind him. Chi Ali, you gone cop that for real homie? Boosie 50/50, depends on how the ball bounces.

"The point that you're not getting is that Shyne was a rapper before he went to jail, while he was in jail and now that he is out of jail."
Is Shyne a viable marketable entity? He won't be able to tour in some countries due to his infamous incarceration. UK already blocked him. Has the status of his deportation been settled? Has prison prepared him to deal with the limelight this second go around? Answer is I don't know for these questions but it is food for thought. And since Def Jam has dropped 7 figures why wouldn't HollyHood be interested even purely for curiosity? If he's not even viable for HollyHood why drop 7 digits? Why not use that avenue as well?

And since he lost his brother to violence and another is doing a bid, is it possible he's coming from a place of honest concern? P told C to put them thugs to the side and he didn't. Where's C? The company you keep can uplift you or cause your downfall.

Back to my previous hypothetical:
Highsmith, if one of your relatives, just got done doing a 10 year stint now in their 30's and they said they were going to rap, what would you say? Would you tell them to diversify their skill set?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping   Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Master P tells Shyne to stop rapping
Page 1 of 1