Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)

Go down 
5 posters

(4) vs. (13)
(4) Soul Food
Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Vote_lcap50%Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
(13) When the Smoke Clears
Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Vote_lcap50%Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Empty
PostSubject: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:25 am

(4) Goodie Mob - Soul Food vs. (13) Three Six Mafia - When the Smoke Clears

Vote based on production only
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:26 am

Had to go with 3-6...don't expect anyone to agree.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:28 am

There is absolutely no doubt that Soul Food is the better album, but DJ Paul and Juicy J killed the production on When the Smoke Clears. They win in an upset.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:32 am

Dang, never heard the Three Six Mafia album. I guess I won't vote even though "Soul Food" is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I can't see the production of nearly any southern album beating it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:33 am

"Nearly any southern album"

What do you mean by that?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:35 am

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
"Nearly any southern album"

What do you mean by that?

Meaning I feel "Soul Food" is probably the most southern sounding hip-hop album I've heard. I love every note on that album, so it would be hard to beat production-wise IMO. But I didn't vote cause I haven't heard the 3-6.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:38 am

I understood you not voting it just sounded like you thought tops for the south was bottom of the barrell, but I was reading too far into it. Thanks for clarifying.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 10:47 am

I understood you not voting it just sounded like you thought tops for the south was bottom of the barrell

Oh yeah, definitely not saying that. The production is often the most stellar/standout part to a lot of my favorite southern albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 12:50 pm

Y'all crazy like Pounds said Soul Food has classic southern gritty soulful production all in one. That 3-6 is a hot one beat wise but Soul Food is the winner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 12:57 pm

My only point on this one is that 3-6 don't have the lyrical talent Goodie Mob has but Juicy J and DJ Paul make it so people can actually listen to the music anyway. That's why I think it's a better "produced" album, that's it. Soul Food is a classic, no denying that at all.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 1:16 pm

My only point on this one is that 3-6 don't have the lyrical talent Goodie Mob has but Juicy J and DJ Paul make it so people can actually listen to the music anyway. That's why I think it's a better "produced" album, that's it. Soul Food is a classic, no denying that at all.

I concur. Just because Soul Food is the superior album by far doesn't mean it's the best produced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 1:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:

I concur. Just because Soul Food is the superior album by far doesn't mean it's the best produced.

That's true and a good observation but I really enjoy the beats on SF betta.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 1:29 pm

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

That's true and a good observation but I really enjoy the beats on SF betta.

Yeah, some of these match ups are hard. I have to take a step back and really analyze why i like a specific album. I don't think When The Smoke Clears is vastly superior in the production department, but Soul Food blows it out of the water lyrically.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 2:43 pm

I'm going with 3-6. I love Soul Food but I just think the beats on When the Smoke Clears are better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 4:16 pm

Goodie Mob all day. The 3-6 album is well produced, but Soul Food's beats were hotter IMO.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 1:00 pm

we need votes on this its a tie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 1:07 pm

smoke clears baby
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 1:15 pm

and steve with the last minute tie breaker!!! good to have you back buddy
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 3:17 pm

sorry, had to tie it back up.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)   Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Produced Album: South Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 4)
Page 1 of 1