Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?

Go down 
4 posters

?
yes
Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Vote_lcap75%Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
no
Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Vote_lcap25%Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Empty
PostSubject: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 12:54 pm

?
Back to top Go down

Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 12:55 pm

You know, I was going through my Wu last night and I have mine on there... but for the purposes of this thread I would just count the first two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 12:58 pm

You're literally counting everything, so IMO there's no real integrity to be found in the first place. With that in mind, count all of them, what the hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:05 pm

there is integrity you whiny bitch.... do you know what wu-related means? If you are bitching because there are 20 wu affiliates that's your problem, but only wu-related projects have been included so far so suck a fat one
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:11 pm

Did KJ steal SRP's identity?

Yes, Gravediggas are 100% relevant to your poll.

no homo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:12 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
there is integrity you whiny bitch.... do you know what wu-related means? If you are bitching because there are 20 wu affiliates that's your problem, but only wu-related projects have been included so far so suck a fat one

Does the thread say Wu-Related or Wu Tang? Just checking...

Also, emo much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:13 pm

I say sure, why not. At least the first 2 albums should be nominated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:15 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Does the thread say Wu-Related or Wu Tang? Just checking...

Also, emo much?

So are you mad because it wasn't kept strictly to group albums or member solos? I mean to try to make it about semantics is pure bullshit. You don't like Wu, you don't like Slang, so therefore you find reasons to bitch and kill two birds in one stone.

Tell me, which nominations do you really object to and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

I don't really give a fuck. I was stating an opinion. You're the one making a huge deal out of this. He asked a question and I answered. I answered yes, so really what difference does it make?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

Gravediggaz is actually RZA...this qualifies way easier than any album not including the original members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:18 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
I don't really give a fuck. I was stating an opinion. You're the one making a huge deal out of this. He asked a question and I answered. I answered yes, so really what difference does it make?

No, you want to bitch and moan. So if you want to bitch and moan, then I'm giving you a platform. You think there is no integrity and I ask again, what albums do you object to and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:22 pm

Look, if you're looking for some crazy ass argument, it's not here today, alright? I really have no stake in this whatsoever, I was merely stating an opinion and keeping it moving. You already KNOW my opinion, so asking me to state it again merely for the sake of you finding something to throw back in my face is pretty pointless. Why don't you find something or some one else to argue about and leave this be?

There was no intended vitriol towards Slang. I believe he already knew my opinion, didn't care, and did his thing. That's fine with me, it's how it should be. If I start a thread and he doesn't like how I do it, he's entitled to state his opinion and I'm entitled to gloss over it. Why do you care so much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:25 pm

No argument here. But you bitch and moan, I call you on it, you make it seem like it wasn't just bitching and moaning, so I then try to have an actual intelligent conversation with you and you've done nothing but deflect and back away.

If you really didn't care then why post to begin with? So then if you have an actual opinion on the matter and I explicitly ask you for your opinion why not actually engage in discussion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:29 pm

You swearing and being condescending isn't intelligent conversation. You seem SO shocked at how I feel, when it's been known.

and dude asked a question. I'm not gonna complain when he nominates Gravediggaz anymore then when he nominates Hell Razah...so it's cool, do it. I don't bitch in the Wu threads, do I? Show me where I've been in every wu thread every day bitching. This, right here, is you freaking out about nothing homie. Period.

I'm not engaging you because you seem to be on your period today. That's the honest reason. You took serious offense to something that had nothing to do with you, made way too big of a deal about it, and are now acting like we're going to have a chill discussion. Nope, you go do you and I'll try my best to leave this alone. This is me trying to avoid unnecessary conflict that will end exactly the way it began, you pissed off about what I think, and me continuing to feel the way I do. So...pointless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

smh.... dude if you don't want to discuss, that's on you.

But in case you do, what is your exact issue with Hell Razah or Sunz of Man? I mean their albums were put out with wu-producers, wu-logos, and the wu-tang very clearly trying to sell the group through the use of the wu-tang name.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

if i didnt care i wouldnt have made this thread.

again, Gravediggaz are usually considered Wu related/affiliates, but not "killer bees" if that makes any sense. And the point of this was to rank all Wu Tang albums and their extended family. If it was just group and solos it would get boring. Also, to my knowledge most of the artists nominated so far were directly SHOUTED OUT BY RZA on the Clan in Da Front intro from 36 Chambers, that is basically the blueprint as to who gets nominated, but there are obviously more than that.

The reasons for this thread is because you did make a good point about how Gravediggaz was actually started before Wu, but Rza is in the group and their 2nd album especially had tons of wu influence. i think their first 2 should count in terms of this thread, but their 3rd probably not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

I have no issue with those acts but it's like this:

If I start a thread on best Juice Crew albums would I include eMC? Is that a Juice Crew album, really? Not in my opinion. You and everybody else obviously feel differently. That's fine, just not with me. My point here was, if you're including peripheral members, why would you even pause at Gravediggaz which includes an actual Wu Tang member?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:34 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
if i didnt care i wouldnt have made this thread.

again, Gravediggaz are usually considered Wu related/affiliates, but not "killer bees" if that makes any sense. And the point of this was to rank all Wu Tang albums and their extended family. If it was just group and solos it would get boring. Also, to my knowledge most of the artists nominated so far were directly SHOUTED OUT BY RZA on the Clan in Da Front intro from 36 Chambers, that is basically the blueprint as to who gets nominated, but there are obviously more than that.

The reasons for this thread is because you did make a good point about how Gravediggaz was actually started before Wu, but Rza is in the group and their 2nd album especially had tons of wu influence. i think their first 2 should count in terms of this thread, but their 3rd probably not

That's fine, man, do you. I barely participate in these threads because my opinion is brushed off, so I don't waste my time. I usually do vote, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

I can see your point - which is why I think anything RZA involved should get a nom - but wouldn't you agree that the Wu as a group/crew has done more to represent their identity and label over the years than the Juice Crew has done since Cold Chillin folded?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:36 pm

i paused because the Gravediggaz (at least the debut album) was not pushed with the Wu brand (to my kowledge) and was recorded before 36 Chambers, but i guess since it does include Rza it should count
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:44 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I can see your point - which is why I think anything RZA involved should get a nom - but wouldn't you agree that the Wu as a group/crew has done more to represent their identity and label over the years than the Juice Crew has done since Cold Chillin folded?

Yes, but again, in the last 15 years Wu Tang as a brand has kind of disappeared. Granted, the people are still working, but could Killabees Vol 1 still sell what it did without any real promotion now (as it did back in the day)? No. I think the average non obsessive rap fan would count the original 9 as Wu only. Regardless, two different trains of thought, and people disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

Yep, though Pollen was a horrible piece of shit... and nothing wu-related is selling like it used to.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

i didnt hear Pollen yet did you? i listened to it on some site for free a while ago but not the whole thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:49 pm

That's another thing too, man, you're not counting Poverty or JoJo Pellegrino but you're counting other people? That seems a little fucked up in my estimation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:50 pm

Yeah, I gave pollen a spin. It was pretty atrocious for the most part. I might need to spin it again. I mean it wasn't wack in the sense the people involved can produce a beat and rap on beat, but wack in that there was little dopeness on there.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:55 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
That's another thing too, man, you're not counting Poverty or JoJo Pellegrino but you're counting other people? That seems a little fucked up in my estimation.

they can count, i dont think anyone will vote for anything from them but they can count i guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 2:06 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

they can count, i dont think anyone will vote for anything from them but they can count i guess

Maybe I would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 2:13 pm

JoJo Pelligrino is awful. I heard his remake of Microphone Fiend and he totally butchered it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 6:06 pm

You mean you have no interest in hearing anything else from him, because you heard one song and it was awful...right, Ignorant Rap Pro?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 6:37 pm

I say no, everyone else has been Wu affiliated and had the Wu symbol somewhere on their albums, RZA did Gravediggaz with ZERO Wu affiliation. I voted no.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 6:41 pm

JoJo is dope. Hater
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 2:41 am

Shaun wrote:
JoJo is dope. Hater

Does he have any albums out or anything? I only heard one song also (Bah Dah Bing, Bah Dah Boom on Skribble's Traffic Jams 2000). I dug it though, and would like to hear more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 9:37 pm

He has a MILLION mixtapes and Real Spit should be out sometime this century.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?    Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Gravediggaz albums count as Wu Tang albums for the purpose of the top 50 thread?
Page 1 of 1