Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 12:35 am

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
A) I consider myself an objective listener (of Wu) and give criticism where criticism is due. Ive said bad things about a lot of wu projects (Big doe Rehab, Digi Snacks, Lex Diamonds) ive even criticized albums i like much more than other people (Fishscale, 8 Diagrams, Made in Brooklyn).

Haystak and Sandman have NO objective classics, therefore if you call yourself an "objective" listener you wouldt think they have classics. They dont have anything to do with the conversation they have something to do with your "objective" comment.

B) Where did i say it was a qualifier for a near classic album? where? never. I said if he brings the same type of heat he brought for literally EVERY track he produced for the solo albums over the last 9-10 years then the album should be a banger. A BANGER, not a classic. I didnt say it couldnt be a classic nor did i say it will be a classic. I said based on the types of beats he has given the members on solo projects, if he comes with that same formula, the beats should be good basically. Chemistry should be assumed to not be an issue since these two have created a classic before, have worked together countless times, they are family and know each other (musically) better than any other producer Gza could think to work with.

C) I can see some of the point your making here but for as big a fan i am i do criticize often, MUCH more than you criticize your favorites (Bone, Tech N9ne), etc.

A) I was saying objective listener in this instance, and you and Terry are the only people on this planet that consider Golden Arms Redemption anything other than a cowpie. Try again. Who the hell are you to judge two artists you've never heard? Seriously? Haystak has two classic albums douche, ask Terry, SRP, or even KRob. Seriously, try it. Or just keep talking out your ass, KJ Jr.

B) By saying that it should be a "banger"... one would assume the 4.5 talk means near classic. Unless you define classic as something else.

C) You think what I say in threads is all I say, you've been on here for not even a year...really you're in no place to judge what I say about anything. Also, if you think I don't criticize my favorites your sadly mistaken. Again, you know what I post on here, which is mostly to contrast the east coast biased bullshit spat out by you, Wayne, KJ, Powell, etc etc etc. I've honestly yet to hear you have an opinion that isn't something that I would read on a website somewhere.

A) Haystak has 2 classic albums in 4 peoples opinions, ok, cool, you got me there

B) Banger isnt 4.5 stars, banger can be anything from 3.5-4.5, its just a general term for a dope album

C) you just seem to big up shit no one has heard of for whatever reason and diss albums from ALL coasts that other people consider good.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:16 am

Lmao @ "Objective Listener". You know that objective evaluations of art forms are impossible right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:38 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
A) I consider myself an objective listener (of Wu) and give criticism where criticism is due. Ive said bad things about a lot of wu projects (Big doe Rehab, Digi Snacks, Lex Diamonds) ive even criticized albums i like much more than other people (Fishscale, 8 Diagrams, Made in Brooklyn).

Haystak and Sandman have NO objective classics, therefore if you call yourself an "objective" listener you wouldt think they have classics. They dont have anything to do with the conversation they have something to do with your "objective" comment.

B) Where did i say it was a qualifier for a near classic album? where? never. I said if he brings the same type of heat he brought for literally EVERY track he produced for the solo albums over the last 9-10 years then the album should be a banger. A BANGER, not a classic. I didnt say it couldnt be a classic nor did i say it will be a classic. I said based on the types of beats he has given the members on solo projects, if he comes with that same formula, the beats should be good basically. Chemistry should be assumed to not be an issue since these two have created a classic before, have worked together countless times, they are family and know each other (musically) better than any other producer Gza could think to work with.

C) I can see some of the point your making here but for as big a fan i am i do criticize often, MUCH more than you criticize your favorites (Bone, Tech N9ne), etc.

A) I was saying objective listener in this instance, and you and Terry are the only people on this planet that consider Golden Arms Redemption anything other than a cowpie. Try again. Who the hell are you to judge two artists you've never heard? Seriously? Haystak has two classic albums douche, ask Terry, SRP, or even KRob. Seriously, try it. Or just keep talking out your ass, KJ Jr.

B) By saying that it should be a "banger"... one would assume the 4.5 talk means near classic. Unless you define classic as something else.

C) You think what I say in threads is all I say, you've been on here for not even a year...really you're in no place to judge what I say about anything. Also, if you think I don't criticize my favorites your sadly mistaken. Again, you know what I post on here, which is mostly to contrast the east coast biased bullshit spat out by you, Wayne, KJ, Powell, etc etc etc. I've honestly yet to hear you have an opinion that isn't something that I would read on a website somewhere.

A) Haystak has 2 classic albums in 4 peoples opinions, ok, cool, you got me there

B) Banger isnt 4.5 stars, banger can be anything from 3.5-4.5, its just a general term for a dope album

C) you just seem to big up shit no one has heard of for whatever reason and diss albums from ALL coasts that other people consider good.

A)Sarcasm aside, you know nothing of those artists to judge what people think of them. Lounge digs Sandman, too.

B) We must have different definitions of "banger". I'll defer on this point henceforth.

C) Really? You mean like dissing on consensus dope shit like Recovery or Uni5 and bigging up wack shit like Golden Arms Redemption? Try again young man...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

Recovery and Uni5 have gotten mixed reviews for the most part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:44 am

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Recovery and Uni5 have gotten mixed reviews for the most part.

WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS RIDICULOUS NONSENSE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:52 am

Recovery was rated a 62 on Metacritic

I couldn't find Uni5 there, but their Wiki page says it got mixed reviews.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:53 am

[quote="Eastern Rap Pro"]Recovery was rated a 62 on Metacritic

I couldn't find Uni5 there, but their Wiki page says it got mixed reviews. [/quote

Really? So...when Jadakiss gets a 51 or whatever, it's consensus classic, but Recovery gets a 62 and it's not even been out 6 months it's a mixed review? Which is it, KJ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:55 am

[quote="Cornholio"]
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Recovery was rated a 62 on Metacritic

I couldn't find Uni5 there, but their Wiki page says it got mixed reviews. [/quote

Really? So...when Jadakiss gets a 51 or whatever, it's consensus classic, but Recovery gets a 62 and it's not even been out 6 months it's a mixed review? Which is it, KJ?

The Last Kiss got a 61, not 51. And I NEVER SAID that he had any consensus classics. I said his stuff was critically acclaimed for the most part. The Last Kiss is my least fav Jada album personally, I have it at 3.5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:58 am

You just contradicted yourself in your own post. Again, I appreciate being concise.

So critical acclaim or mixed review...which is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:58 am

In all honesty, that Recovery should be higher. Look down at the last 4 reviews, KJ. Dot Music, Slant Magazine and Tiny Mix Tapes all give it 1.5/5. Besides never even hearing them, that's a ridiculously skewed rating. Pitchfork gives a 28, come on man...It doesn't even include the Source Review, or the USA Today review which was 3.5/4. So it's quite skewed. Throw out those last 4 and it's up to a 72, and with the other two reviews I mentioned up to a 77 or so. Which is where it should be.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:00 pm

Steve wrote:
In all honesty, that Recovery should be higher. Look down at the last 4 reviews, KJ. Dot Music, Slant Magazine and Tiny Mix Tapes all give it 1.5/5. Besides never even hearing them, that's a ridiculously skewed rating. Pitchfork gives a 28, come on man...It doesn't even include the Source Review, or the USA Today review which was 3.5/4. So it's quite skewed. Throw out those last 4 and it's up to a 72, and with the other two reviews I mentioned up to a 77 or so. Which is where it should be.

Yeah the sub 40 ratings are a tad ridiculous. Still, the overall score is pretty much where I'd have it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:00 pm

Steve wrote:

Like DWAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:05 pm

Steve wrote:

The case can be made for Jada's albums as well. Metacritic didn't even have Kiss The Game Goodbye. And some of the ratings for Kiss Of Death (76) and The Last Kiss (61) are missing too. So it goes both ways.

And Jeff, you always claim that I stan for my favorites, well you do the same. The only difference is that I admit that I do it while you remain in denial. I like Eminem too, but Recovery was nowhere near his best work. The only Em album worse than Recovery was Encore. I could see a 4 star rating for Recovery, but nothing more. Personally I have it at 3.75.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:10 pm

The only one I see missing for Kiss of Death is the USA Today 3.5/4, and that's a 76 rating basically, so no big change there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:15 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

The case can be made for Jada's albums as well. Metacritic didn't even have Kiss The Game Goodbye. And some of the ratings for Kiss Of Death (76) and The Last Kiss (61) are missing too. So it goes both ways.

And Jeff, you always claim that I stan for my favorites, well you do the same. The only difference is that I admit that I do it while you remain in denial. I like Eminem too, but Recovery was nowhere near his best work. The only Em album worse than Recovery was Encore. I could see a 4 star rating for Recovery, but nothing more. Personally I have it at 3.75.

You NEVER admit bias. Ever. And you lie about owning albums you don't actually own. And you change ratings constantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2