Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M.I.A. Albums Day 6

Go down 
+2
Myestro
E. Taylor
6 posters
AuthorMessage

M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Empty
PostSubject: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 10:14 am

Today I talk about a album that truly only stands out for two reasons. One the majority of beats on here are truly dope and carry this album for the most part. Second, not since The Fugees have I seen the female rapper in the grp carry the album on her back. Tiye Pheonix is murking the two male rappers on this album. I mean it almost should be against the law for them to even be on the same trks with her. The other two rappers are decnt average rappers and play support role well. But DJ Spinna and Tiye or the stars of this album.

M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Polyrhythm%2BAddicts%2B-%2BBreak%2BGlass

Here's a live video of them perfroming a trk off the album feat. Pharoahe Monch

Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 1:45 pm

Very dope album. Problem is, I never spin it. I've spun it maybe 4 times since i've had it, and everytime I spin it I love it and wonder why I don't play it more. Maybe i'll give it a spin later tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 2:04 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Very dope album. Problem is, I never spin it. I've spun it maybe 4 times since i've had it, and everytime I spin it I love it and wonder why I don't play it more. Maybe i'll give it a spin later tonight.

LOL...you know what I was thinking the same exact thing. I rarely spin it but when I do I always question why I don't. I skip about 4 trks on it and 3 of them are in a row toward the end of the cd. I got this at a 3.75 or so easily.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 5:31 pm

KRob86 wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

LOL...you know what I was thinking the same exact thing. I rarely spin it but when I do I always question why I don't. I skip about 4 trks on it and 3 of them are in a row toward the end of the cd. I got this at a 3.75 or so easily.

I agree with both of you. Though I do think Shabaam Sahdeeq is at least better than average as a rapper, he didn't seem to bring his A-game for this one. Tiye Phoenix definitely killed it though. Somewhere around 4 stars from me.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 7:39 pm

Never heard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 8:12 pm

Never heard but I'll DL it sometime. Tiye Phoenix is very talented though, and sexy as hell!!!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 8:41 pm

This album grew on me a lot. Wasn't really feeling it the first couple spins, than gave it a spin a year later and it made me want to cop their EP. IMO, Apani B Fly>>>>>>>>>>Tiye Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 8:42 pm

Apani B Fly>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Aug 2010, 10:52 pm

Never heard this one.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 5:46 pm

Dope album, but I rarely play it. I gave this album 5 stars back in '07. lol... Tye was dope on this just like she was on her solo effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 6:37 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Apani B Fly>>>>>>>>>>Tiye Phoenix.

Given your weak overall taste and your disdain for female rappers, it doesn't surprise me to hear you say this.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 8:58 pm

"Given your weak overall taste and your disdain for female rappers"

?

Apani B. Fly is a chick...
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 8:59 pm

Shaun wrote:

?

Haha! I was thinking that too.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 8:23 pm

Myestro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

?

Haha! I was thinking that too.

Also KJ, Apani B. Fly was the first femcee in the original Polyrhythm Addicts crew. Tye is holding up the 2nd generation of the collective.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 8:27 pm

lol @ KJ....what a fool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 6   M.I.A. Albums Day 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.I.A. Albums Day 6
Page 1 of 1